PDA

View Full Version : du meter

Hans
12-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Anybody know of a program that allows to keep track of all data transfers up/down to wan but at the same time has a filter to filter out lan traffic as required?

Shawn
12-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Don't know of any that will filter out lan traffic... Been using DU Meter for over 3 years now and it works great... I have tried this program below and it has some features you might be looking for that DU does not have.

http://www.netlimiter.com/

Hans
12-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Hard to keep track of my WAN traffic, as I move a lot of big files over my lan to/from my server. Would be nice to filter out lan traffic. Unless Shaw has some kind of page where you can check your WAN traffic?

opinionated
12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Shaw used to have a page where you could check your usage.... I'll look around and see if I can find it.

.....here's what I found:

1. login to »secure.shaw.ca
2. under "My Shaw Internet Services", Click "Your Modem Usage"

if you can not see this link, you are not being "flagged" for using a large amount of bandwidth. if you are not flag, and you still wish to view your your transfer, you can phone shaw abuse department and ask them to activate it for you.

*Note If your account has not been flagged by the Bandwidth Team this feature will not appear in your secure.shaw.ca profile