PDA

View Full Version : AMD is telling little white lies,power consumption

Hans
12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Very interesting article, and it would explain a few things about the Phenom...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=9955

403_forbidden
12-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Man...I think they took the worst of AMD and ATI and combined them in the AMD/ATI merger. Very disappointing; I was hoping for great things from that merger...

AmdWolfman
12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
we don't quite know what will happen for sure with the merger. It mite take a year or two b 4 they can integrate gpu/cpu. I have no idea what would happen is , maybe a smaller case , more airflow becuzz of the heat generated.

Ultra54
12-10-2007, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we don't quite know what will happen for sure with the merger. It mite take a year or two b 4 they can integrate gpu/cpu. I have no idea what would happen is , maybe a smaller case , more airflow becuzz of the heat generated.

</div></div>
huh? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I didn't read anything in that article refering to integrated gpu/cpu and it's already been a year since they mergered and anyone can see where they are headed. Looks like a name change is in order , Intelwolfman

Maryms
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I can also relate to Ultra54's conclusion which is. If AMD/ATI continues on this reckless path of destruction then we will not see AMD recover. The public will not allow them to do so because of their faults and lies they have given to the public so far.

This is a horrible time for AMD to be lying and deceiving the public. Let alone get caught doing it as many companies do the samething even Intel has done so in the past and present, but never really got caught doing it until many months later on in which they corrected their statements and all was well again.

Nvidia and ATI in the past have lied to the public and never got caught for many months down the road. Nvidia when caught survived the results by coming out with better cards. ATI on the other had went on its merry way and sooner or later they sold out to AMD another under dog in the computer market. This was not a good idea to put two under dog companies together in which have lied and deceived the public in a way that they got the worst end result.

Hans
12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
There's no point in integrating a CPU and GPU in 1 chip. Not because it's not possible, but because technology on both fronts moves to fast for a solution like that to give any return on investment.

Maryms
12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's no point in integrating a CPU and GPU in 1 chip. Not because it's not possible, but because technology on both fronts moves to fast for a solution like that to give any return on investment.</div></div>

Well excpet maybe in the OEM market like Dell machines and such, but yes it will grow tiresome and something else will be demanded sooner or later.