PDA

View Full Version : Good news ignored

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Seems to me this is pretty exciting news for the Sault. I can't understand why most of the local media including MCTV aren't all over this.

http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=15205

This is the announcement from Emcore head office. It caused a 21% jump in the share price today. This is potentially huge for us.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071212/emcore_contract.html?.v=1

GenX
12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
You're about two days too late. It was the lead story for radio news on Monday.

MaO3
12-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Your right Grumpy that is really good news for this city.

Who knows why the local media - with the exception of Craig of course ignore the good stuff. I think that they are taking lessons from other countries and only broadcasting the negative.

GenX
12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your right Grumpy

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 05:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Arrogant Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're about two days too late. It was the lead story for radio news on Monday. </div></div>

It's not a matter of me being late, I saw the post on Soonews on the weekend. I'm just wondering why none of the other local media have picked it up. I didn't hear it on the radio either.

MaO3
12-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Oops, I meant huggy -- Sorry Huggy85!

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 05:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oops, I meant huggy -- Sorry Huggy85!

</div></div>

It's OK, I can be grumpy at times (I've been told), I'm just not called that very often.

GenX
12-12-2007, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Arrogant Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're about two days too late. It was the lead story for radio news on Monday. </div></div>

It's not a matter of me being late, I saw the post on Soonews on the weekend. I'm just wondering why none of the other local media have picked it up. I didn't hear it on the radio either. </div></div>

Well, I did.

Now relax.

MaO3
12-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Maybe you did Speedy but some of us didn't. I saw the announcement that the Sault was getting the Solar farm but not that they were going to Manufacture them here.

Thanks for posting the information Huggy!

GenX
12-12-2007, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you did Speedy but some of us didn't. </div></div>

Which is why I am here.

Don't knock yourself out trying to figure out this complicated world we live in.

I'm here, that's all you need to know. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Arrogant Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe you did Speedy but some of us didn't. </div></div>

Which is why I am here.

Don't knock yourself out trying to figure out this complicated world we live in.

I'm here, that's all you need to know. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

GenX
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Don't make me come over there and rip your pull-ups off you!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

MaO3
12-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Ummm Ya, right Whatever Speedy.

Huggy - /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

GenX
12-12-2007, 06:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm Ya, right Whatever Speedy.

Huggy - /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif </div></div>

Yes, good job, Huggy! No one else was going to make a big stink out of the fact a two-day old story isn't all over the news outlets today!

Way to step up to the plate, kid!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

Maryms
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
So this means our town (which i read about this article much much earlier on) is going to maybe get some people to work or maybe not as they may bring in outsiders.

Macs II
12-12-2007, 06:12 PM
that story was out dec.8th already (http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=15178)

MaO3
12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
So WHAT!!!

Its not like there were 5 topics about it now was there.

Huggy wondered why no other news outlets carried the story, he wasn't announcing it.

Although I hadn't seen the story, so I'm glad he posted the link.

GAWD, why do some people on this site insist on being jerks ALL THE TIME!

cassiechadwick
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks for the post huggy! i've been real busy lately and missed the article too.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 06:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> that story was out dec.8th already (http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=15178) </div></div>

Gee Macs, isn't that the same link I posted when I started this thread?

Macs II
12-12-2007, 07:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee Macs, isn't that the same link I posted when I started this thread? </div></div>

No it isn't ....mine is from DEC.8th ..two days earlier than yours.

Huggy85
12-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Details, details. That wasn't the point of my post anyway. And the announcement to the stock exchanges was just made this morning, so both Soonews reports were still just speculation.

Could have made a quick 20% if we would have bought on the Soonews report.

IMHO
12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
A good news day is when the police have no reports of breakins, drunk drivers and drug arrests.

dancingqueen
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
would you two stop being asses...
Huggy was posting something incase no one else knew about it... I belive the article was posted in the politics section, but who really goes there with all the Canada vs. America bull-crap?

Super Gram
12-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I read this last week and it was on my E mail news from CBC news.............I went to their website and all they talk about is Sault,Ste Marie, Ont. whooooooopie

Huggy85
12-13-2007, 02:28 PM
EMKR (Emcore) share price is up another 10% today. It would have been great to buy some of those when the first post was made on Soonews on Dec. 8. Up 30% so far in 3 days! Beats bank interest!