PDA

View Full Version : 30 game suspension for Simon

J*B
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Stiffest suspension ever handed out.. You guys think that's fair?

washawee
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
boot him from the league would be my call

MaO3
12-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I think he needs some serious councilling, he admits to needing drug and Alchol treatment. I think he should be forced to undergo a lenghty and intensive treatment program and then see.

MagicFingers
12-19-2007, 11:57 PM
From what I saw what he did. He should be gone longer. It wasn't an accident it was malicious and intentional. He shoudl be gone and fined a good long time...I think he should also be counselling kids about what to do and not do. He needs to be a role model to the kids that look up to these players

Shaggy
12-20-2007, 02:23 AM
How many chances does a guy get? I keep hearing what a nice guy he is off the ice, but who cares. He is a disgrace on the ice and a black mark on the sport. They need to kick his butt out of the league before he causes a very serious injury.

Boondock
12-20-2007, 05:30 AM
I've known Simon since I was a kid growing up in Wawa and he's always been an asshat for the most part. Hell I remember one time in the bar he seen this guy with a really nice leather Detroit coat and he took it from the guy and completely trashed it outside. Cops were called and they did nothing. Good ole home town starpower for ya. Also he's always talking smack about everything that doesn't involve him somehow. Hope he gets banned for good and I'm not even a hockey fan.

12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
boot from league
the NHL needs to be stiffer and raise the bar
others need to be enforced as well - this guy has had WAY too many chances

rmkryan
12-22-2007, 08:55 PM
I think he recieved what was coming to him. Even if it was his first offence, I still say it's a good amount. Proves the leage is gong to take crap from anyone. Think how bad if could've been if his foot slipped and missed the boot and got his leg.

GRUMPY
12-23-2007, 02:19 PM
That's the whole point it isn't his first offense, if he hasn't gotten the message by now he never will , a life time ban would be correct.

rmkryan
12-23-2007, 02:28 PM
A lifetime ban may be too excessive.I don't think the NHLPA would allow it.

GenX
12-23-2007, 08:01 PM
The issue is controversial enough that Don Cherry and Ron McLean got into a pretty heated argument last night on Coach's Corner:

LINK (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/coachscorner/2007/12/simons_actions_can_be_understo.html)

Strife
12-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Something like that is inexcusable. He deliberately tried to harm the Pittsburgh player and did so with a sharp skate. Luckly noone was hurt in the incident but stuff like this black clouds the entire league. I think he should be banned for life.

Barry Morris
12-24-2007, 12:51 PM
The NHL allowed this situation to arise. Violence for the sake of violence seems to be the norm.
It should never have gone this far.

Super Gram
12-25-2007, 03:21 AM
But as Cherry said........the other players got no penalties.

The stick swing incident ....Hollweg slamed Simon into the glass with his arms and if you watched Simon hit it....Hollweg could have broken his neck. Simons stick swinging was a reaction after being knocked crazy. Hollweg was laughing all the way to the bench.

He did the same to some else not long after in another hockey game. This time he got a penalty. The ref's look the other way when it comes to Simon.That is what Cherry meant.

GRUMPY
12-26-2007, 04:41 AM
Cherry is a total moron at the best of times!

Barry Morris
12-26-2007, 03:07 PM
So what? Let's address the comments.

GenX
12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what? Let's address the comments. </div></div>

Errr...isn't it pretty clear what Grumpy thinks of Cherry's comment???