PDA

View Full Version : laptop not responding

Alexis
12-20-2007, 11:32 AM
when I am on the net at home, whatever websites I am on will stop loading or responding like every 5 minutes, then I have to close the laptop and sign in again, but I do not have this problem when I use my laptop at work

my desktop does not do this, it stays connected

it's getting very frustrating, any ideas?

General Lee
12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
mabey its your wireless conection at home?

hemi_69
12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
that would be my first guess, first thing would be to try resetting the router and see what happens from there, or connect directly using a Ethernet cable and see if it kicks you off at home

MagicFingers
12-20-2007, 08:36 PM
My husband wanted to know if it is a work laptop...if its a work laptop there may be protocals on it interfering with the wireless at your home.

Alexis
12-20-2007, 09:03 PM
no not a work laptop, and i tried resetting the network adapter (disable and then enable), and turning both puters off and the router...... was good for about 1/2 and hour then I had to shut down again.....

this trouble shooting is over my head : (

MagicFingers
12-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Is your desktop on wireless....Does your laptop do this when it is plugged into the wireless...? meaning no longer using the wireless aspect. I am transposing this for myhusband he is the computer guy. Have you considered that it could be your wireless router? I know we had to get a new one because it would keep dropping the signal.

V Code
12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
find the instructions and "change the channel" on the router