PDA

View Full Version : Is Dr. Hergott back?

ryanhonda1989
12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Is Dr. Hergott back to work.. I heard he took leave??

Sophie's_Mommy
12-20-2007, 07:07 PM
yes he is, i just got back from a appointment with him.

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I didn't know he was coming back. I skipped my 6 week follow up with him after I had my baby. He was incredibly rude at my last appointment.

MagicFingers
12-20-2007, 09:31 PM
As far as I know he started back in October.

MagicFingers
12-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I have Dr Zehr.... I love her, she has been absolutely amazing... with everything I have been through the past month she has made time to see me. Has called me at home and at work to check on me and give me info...herself, not a receptionist but she herself did this even on a sunday, she gave me instructions over the phone where and when to meet her for follow ups. I am glad i chose her. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for an OBGYN/Gyn

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Is she taking new patients? I need a new gyn /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sassybitch73
12-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I had Dr. Hergott for years and years, he is the one that delivered 2 of my children and I have to say that everyone has their good and bad days. I certainly don't expect everyone to be "happy go lucky" when I see them, JMO. But I do know that Dr. Hergott has in the past had his off days...heck he is human just like the rest of us.

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-20-2007, 09:53 PM
There are bad days, and there is just plain ol' inappropriate no matter HOW bad your day was...his comments would fall in the latter. Especially considering where his hand was at the time.

dilligaff
12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Especially considering where his hand was at the time. </div></div>
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2244/screamingharryyt9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>TMI...WAY TMI </span>

Jackie B
12-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I dunno, but I saw him in A&P tonight. Really weird seeing your former gyno in the wrong setting. LOL

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM
Dilli, if you think that's TMI, I'll tell you what he said to me lol

YouKnowIt
12-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I wouls like to know what was said to you!!1
I had him as well and truly I found him to be awome, yes he was rude at times and said some inappropriate things however like stated he is human. I had no problems with him and would go back to him in a heart beat.

goodasgold
12-21-2007, 09:43 AM
I haven't had him has an OB, but I have had Olupona, Zehr, and Amimi. The one I had the most problems and felt the most uncomfortable with was Zehr, which is why I got a new one with my last baby. Loved Amimi and found her practice ran almost the same with Olupona, who did a great job too.

Hergott was to deliver my second baby, since I was going to be induced, I am glad I went in before my appointment. I had a long hard day delivering him, due to his size, and needed someone with a good bed side manner. Which I had heard he lacked.

JerDawg
12-22-2007, 09:14 AM
i too recommend zehr 100%. I suffered a horrible infection after my ceserean section and she took immaculate care of me. I saw her more during the infection than i did the entire 9 months i was pregnant. She was very caring, courteous, and compassionate to what i was going through. I will definately go see her again when i choose to have another. As far as bedside manner, i think she had wonderful bedside manner. After i had my baby, she popped her head in a few hours later just to say congratulations and let me know she thought he was beautiful.

MagicFingers
12-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Well I had a tubal pregnancy my first pregnancy and she has taken such great care of me. She is up to date as to what is going on. She is informed about my what is going on and she took time to explain why she wanted to do the treatment she was recommending. She had a caring compassionate tone to her voice. This topic was very sensitive and she respected that my emotions were all over the map. I am a new patient of hers, I think you just need a referral. I had a PAP done in Oct at the algoma health clinic because I didn't have a family doctor or gyn and then they gave me her name so I contacted my old doctor in Ottawa and she made the referral. I wasn't supposed to see dr Zehr until Feb but then all that crap started so she jumped right in. She is seeing me in Jan and then again in Feb. Everyone has their own experiences with doctors. She may be good with me and then not good with someone else. Then again it could have been an off day for her. Like it was said everyone can have off days and I find it hard to believe from what I have seen so far that she would consistently have poor bedside manner and be rude or inconsiderate of her patients, not on a consistent basis anyhow.

Sophie's_Mommy
12-22-2007, 01:32 PM
I have had no problems with hergott at all, he is very nice and helpful. I like Hergott, he seems very professional, but I guess everyone has their own opinions, and yes he prolly has good and bad days, but doctors should treat all patients the same

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
I used to like him, too. He was my gyn for maybe 2 years before I got pregnant. His casual approach at exams and whatnot seemed to make it less awkward and didn't bother me one bit. I really did like him as my Dr.

Sophie's_Mommy
12-22-2007, 02:00 PM
i know what u mean, i myself have never had a problem with him, but i have had friends and family who have had problems with him. Sometimes i guess he can b rude, i musta caught him on good days..lol

Simba
12-24-2007, 01:25 AM
I never had a problem with him. Some people mistake his confidence for arrogance.

kuietgrl (got lost)
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never had a problem with him. Some people mistake his confidence for arrogance. </div></div>

True, but in my case...no. There's no mistaking.

J*B
12-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Hergott was suppose to deliver both of my rugrats but was on vacation when the second was ready to be born and had to settle for Martin, now there's a piece of work, definitely way worse bedside manner than Hergott.
What happened about Hergott's court case, haven't heard any more?

kitca
12-24-2007, 01:31 PM
i love dr. zehr. when it would take forever to get into see her, i settled for hergot. i dint have a problem with him as much as how his office is run. i hear they always triple book and run very late. after waiting 2 and 1/2 hours one day, i said enough, i so much prefer zehr and she never makes you wait that long, and apologizes if you do have to wait any big length of time.
(and yes i know, they have emergencies, and deliveries and everything)

goodasgold
12-24-2007, 04:32 PM
When I was at one of my appointments with Zehr, they forgot that I was in the exam room. I waited in there for almost an hour before I stepped out to see what was wrong. My husband and oldest were waiting in for me. Another time, she had to ask me why I had a second ultrasound. It should have said in the chart, shouldn't it. I had so many issues with her, my husband didn't like her either. My oldest thought Julie was the doctor. I think I spent maybe 20 min my whole pregnancy with Zehr. She even discharged me after having Kyle without seeing me once in the hospital. Maybe it was because my pregnancy was without complications. I don't know. The doctor who did deliver me (from down south) was very upset with Zehr after delivering my son. He was born not breathing due to mecconium in his lungs and said he should have been born at least a week ago. He figured the mecconium was 2 weeks old. I was having blood pressure spikes, which he said was an indication that the baby was stressed, but Zehr didn't say anything.

Again though, everyone has their own opinions and experiences with every doctor. You just have to be happy with your own. If you don't feel comfortable, get a new doctor.

MagicFingers
12-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Well I love doctor Zehr she called to give me crap today. She wanted me to get bloodwork done again on Dec 24th but I worked days and everything was closed on the 25 and 26th and then I did a double shift and overnight shift so I didn't go today. She wasn't real happy but not much I could do I plan on going tomorrow. But it is nice to know she is on top of things. I think we have to remember doctors are not perfect they are fallable. it depends on what mistakes are made and what you can anc can't live with. I have just heard of tooooo many fallableness from hergott. I had another Gyn that was from out of town he was from Queensway Carleton HOspital I forget his name but he comes about once a month and he was also AMAZING...Older man medium height white hair starteding to bald, round face, looks like a whacky scientist type guy but super nice.

Intangible
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I have Zehr, but I haven't met her yet. Only Julie. I really like Julie.

Punkin
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
May be a bit TMI for some lol - Sorry to respond to an old post, this is my first time reading this lol. I've had Dr. Zehr for 3 of my 4 pregnancies.. I thought her & Julie were awesome. (My first child I had Dr. Crookston when he was still delivering)... I've never had Dr. Zehr for delivery, I had Hergott, Farrell & Amimi... I have to say that I really dislike Dr. Hergott.. his bedside manner is atrocious (busy night or not) and he needs to learn at least a tiny bit of compassion. My son (which was my 2nd child) was born at a whopping 9lbs 2 ozs.. and Hergott is right in there "literally" to get him out. Well he froze me for stitches, went to deliver another baby & came back to finish.. well the freezing wore off.. and ladies you can imagine how much that would hurt.. I was literally tearing off hubby's hand & crying.. and he looked up and told me to "suck it up you just delivered a baby stitches shouldn't hurt"... ever since then, I've been scared to go into labour lol.. thankfully #3 was delivered by Farrell who is awesome (let me inhale the gas right through delivery!!) and Dr. Amimi for #4 who was an emergency Csection & she was amazing!! (Thank goodness .. I thought Dr. Hergott was still not working, but he was on call the next day!!!! lol)

jeffster
04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never had a problem with him. Some people mistake his confidence for arrogance. </div></div>

just as an off-topic side note.... sounds like an awesome orthopedic surgeon who knows his stuff, but 95% of his patients only see him as an arrogant A$$

Misschix
04-26-2008, 11:12 AM
IVe probably seen all of the dr;s who deliver babies due to the complications i had with my pregnancies and deliveries.
I had Fam as my OB with my first but Hergott delivered....he was kinda of arrogant...but nice
With my second I had Fam as OB again, but I had complications where my baby had dropped at 24 weeks so i had to have amimi give me some shot for developng the babies lungs...she was so nice and patient and understanding and had an amazing bedside manner....I also had Zehr with that one and she was awesome....Luckily Fam was able to deliver that one...
Then with my third i had Fam as my OB and Farell came one time while i Had complications with my kidneys...he was awesome...Im supposed to have Hergott to get my tubes tied....that was supposed ot be back in Oct but with everything that happened to him......i havent heard back form his office so im going for another referall from my dr in may....I dont want to wait any longerr LOL

lk_wicked
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Its easy to be confident in delivering a baby, as a doctor, you arent the one baring down and pushing and going through the pain.

I don't agree, its a case of mistaking arrogance with confidence.

I'll be the first to admit, I would not be afraid of having Dr. Hergot for my ob gyn. Matter of fact, I did have him. He knows his stuff as a surgeon and as a doctor. But his arrogance and downright crudeness for bedside manner is atrocious. I have seen him be demeaning, and downright cruel, first hand. However, I wont share my personal experience on a forum, I will at least say on his behalf, he was descent enough to apologize to me. Pretty dam rare for a doctor to that at any time.