PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice anti virus and spyware reduce

great body
12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Is it just me? By not using anti virus and spyware programs your computer runs better.
If it gets bad enough, I re format.
I know spyware invites everything, same with anti virus, never again.

cybolynx
12-23-2007, 11:02 PM
i dunno maybe its just the user ...

i have been running my computer with a small antivirus program and trusted spyware programs ...

great body
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Yes, i have been using avg anti virus and spy ware blaster. It makes it worse.

Strife
12-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I dont run any antivirus. I do have Super Antispyware and alot of common sense. I dont click on the stupid ads that say "You've won a free laptop for being the 999,999th visitor to the site"

Maryms
12-23-2007, 11:55 PM
What is the specs of your PC?

Strife
12-24-2007, 12:09 AM
mine????

Intel 2.7 GHz
1 GB Kingston RAM
128 MB ATI Radeon 9250 PCI
120 GB HDD

Verotik
12-24-2007, 12:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: single burger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, i have been using avg anti virus and spy ware blaster. It makes it worse. </div></div>

hmm i know you typed something but i was distracted by something in pink

Maryms
12-24-2007, 12:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine????

Intel 2.7 GHz
1 GB Kingston RAM
120 GB HDD</div></div>

No .. single burger's

mokitapupita
12-24-2007, 03:55 AM
no duble burger.

cybolynx
12-24-2007, 04:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine????

Intel 2.7 GHz
1 GB Kingston RAM
120 GB HDD </div></div>

is that an intel celeron ? or a pentium 4 ?

reason i ask is this ... on XP a celeron is not snappy at all ... with a P4 there is a noticable diference ...

that said ...

your computer seems pretty good ... vista prolly wouldent run to good mind you ... XP is about the best OS for your build ...

do you defrag ? do you use a 3rd party software or built in windows ....

cause im running a celeron 2.4ghz 512 ddr 266 on a 30gig 4500rpm hdd ... (my laptop) i have vista running on it ... honestly XP is a bit snappier and since it is a 30gig hdd vista takes up a good 8gigs on a 20gig partition ... so i will be going back to XP on my laptop ... not on my main rig tho ... i prefer vista ...

i have exactly this ... windows defender free... spybot free ... adaware free... avast antivirus .....

now all those programs cept win defender i know are small ... effeciant ... and if used from the start should protect most users from ever getting a virus or serious spyware ... that is unless they purposly instal or accidentaly instal spyware with a program ...

i also use the online free scanners around the web ... just as a precaution ...

now the only thing the laptop does is surf the net .. msn ... download movies ... burn movies ...

what most people need to do is tweak windows ... and startup programs mainly ... windows has a ton of services that dont need to run at all ... there is tons of info on the net about tweaking XP to the max .. read really carefully there is the potential of [censored] up your OS ...