PDA

View Full Version : how do i fix my dishwasher??

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:01 AM
It not doing the job it use to do and its only two years old. It is leaving the glasses foggy looking /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif not cleaning like it should anymore. I use the jet dry stuff and tried running it with vinigar and baking soda and also tried with tang ( something i read on line) I am frustrated with it!

Macs II
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
if it's not yours ,talk to the landlord.However 2 years old it shouldn't have any problems yet.

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:04 AM
it mine. got it at sears

mandala
12-28-2007, 12:04 AM
maybe her horse pooped in it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Macs II
12-28-2007, 12:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it mine. got it at sears </div></div>

I have Kenmore too and it's about 3 years old but never had any problems with it.

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:07 AM
any suggestions?

General Lee
12-28-2007, 12:09 AM
CLR?

GRUMPY
12-28-2007, 12:10 AM
I know its off the topic but gee we sure could use more snow.

skibunnie64
12-28-2007, 12:10 AM
wash the dishes by hand /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif
is it by any chance still under warranty?

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CLR? </div></div>
run it with clr in it?

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibunnie64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wash the dishes by hand /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif
is it by any chance still under warranty? </div></div>
no warranty and I hate washing dishes!!!

Macs II
12-28-2007, 12:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any suggestions? </div></div>

Don't pre-rinse your dishes because dishwasher detergent is activated by food soils. I really have no idea whats going on with yours.

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 12:14 AM
snow sux, keep the rain

Macs II
12-28-2007, 12:16 AM
you could put the dishes outside and let the rain wash them

GRUMPY
12-28-2007, 12:17 AM
or get a dog.

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:17 AM
now there is a thought. that might work.
Or i could use paper ones. Got a lot of those here left over from christmas party /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

skibunnie64
12-28-2007, 12:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or get a dog. </div></div>

You can borrow Simara /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I can assign a new job for zai..
oh he is gonna love that....

General Lee
12-28-2007, 12:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CLR? </div></div>
run it with clr in it? </div></div>

on the comercial it says to use it in dishwasher?

Babzz
thanks..
worth a try

General Lee
CLR is a powerful formula available for dissolving tough calcium and lime deposits and surface rust stains from: tubs, toilet bowls, sinks, glass, chrome, fiberglass, stainless steel, coffee makers, humidifiers, dishwashers, washing machines, and shower heads. Removes calcium, lime and rust quickly and easily. Fast-acting, powerful formula with no rubbing and scrubbing. Septic safe and contains no phosphates.

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I could loan you a few Danes Babzz /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif We have several dishwashers in the house...they are called children lol

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 12:23 AM
get your garden hose and hose em down

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Throw em away and buy new ones

General Lee
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: katste11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could loan you a few Danes Babzz /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif We have several dishwashers in the house...they are called children lol </div></div>

slave labour is the best lol

mokitapupita
or put em in you bathtub lmao

skibunnie64
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can assign a new job for zai..
oh he is gonna love that.... </div></div>
oh yeah you will be on the top of his list after assigning him that /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

General Lee
when i was single all i used was papper plates and plastic forks

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2007, 12:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when i was single all i used was papper plates and plastic forks
</div></div>

Thats why you were single for so long,lol

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:25 AM
You have never met my kid.. Its hard enought getting him to unload the dishwasher without complaining. I would send him over the edge if I made him wash and dry them.. lol

General Lee
12-28-2007, 12:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when i was single all i used was papper plates and plastic forks
</div></div>

Thats why you were single for so long,lol </div></div>

damm u

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 12:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have never met my kid.. Its hard enought getting him to unload the dishwasher without complaining. I would send him over the edge if I made him wash and dry them.. lol
</div></div>

sounds like me...

General Lee
12-28-2007, 12:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have never met my kid.. Its hard enought getting him to unload the dishwasher without complaining. I would send him over the edge if I made him wash and dry them.. lol
</div></div>bribe him with money lol

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:31 AM
</div></div>

Send him to my house for a week Babzz and he will never complain about unlaoding a dishwasher ever again lol

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:32 AM
that might work. He is saving for a wii

I just did them when i was kid. no complaining or I would have been for it from mom.

She should be here to whip him into shape.. lol

ssm sucks
12-28-2007, 12:33 AM
there is stuff you buy to clean the dishwasher. It a container of stuff you open and run it through a cycle. Makes the dishwasher sparkle, and work like new.

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: katste11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have never met my kid.. Its hard enought getting him to unload the dishwasher without complaining. I would send him over the edge if I made him wash and dry them.. lol
</div></div>

Send him to my house for a week Babzz and he will never complain about unlaoding a dishwasher ever again lol </div></div>

woohoo
What time should I bring him over?

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1981 STAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is stuff you buy to clean the dishwasher. It a container of stuff you open and run it through a cycle. Makes the dishwasher sparkle, and work like new. </div></div>
thanks
where do you buy it? grocery store?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2007, 12:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1981 STAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is stuff you buy to clean the dishwasher. It a container of stuff you open and run it through a cycle. Makes the dishwasher sparkle, and work like new. </div></div>

Stuff Stuff Stuff, whats it called damnit,lol

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: katste11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have never met my kid.. Its hard enought getting him to unload the dishwasher without complaining. I would send him over the edge if I made him wash and dry them.. lol
</div></div>

Send him to my house for a week Babzz and he will never complain about unlaoding a dishwasher ever again lol </div></div>

woohoo
What time should I bring him over? </div></div>

LOL Anytime you want..with a large family there are ALWAYS dishes that need to be washed, dryed and put away.

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 12:37 AM
wash em manually.

KRP
12-28-2007, 12:38 AM
She already said she hates doing dishes which could be the reason she's posting here to find out how to fix her dishwasher.

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:39 AM
and you keep him for a week right? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
thats the deal? NO turning back now lol
I will go pack his bag /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:41 AM
LMAO He'll be a new kid in no time at all /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Not only will he do dishes willingly but all of a sudden all the other chores he may have complained about..will all of a sudden not be a big issue anymore /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He'll be thankful to have only 1 or 2 chores as opposed to a list of 5 or 6

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
Slave trading is illegal now,lol

Babzz
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
haha
ok, i am so packing him up for a visit to your place /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

KRP
12-28-2007, 12:45 AM
Katste, we just finished doing that with our niece recently. Made her realize that if she wanted stuff, she had to do chores in order to earn what she wanted. If she didn't do her chores then she didn't get anything.

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slave trading is illegal now,lol </div></div>

lol its not slave trading...more like acquiring a lil helper /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

katste11
12-28-2007, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Katste, we just finished doing that with our niece recently. Made her realize that if she wanted stuff, she had to do chores in order to earn what she wanted. If she didn't do her chores then she didn't get anything. </div></div>

Works well eh? Same thing applies here and it works great. Nothing wrong with having a few chores to do.

KRP
12-28-2007, 12:52 AM
It does, we did it with her older brother last year and it worked so when she started to pick up the attitude about wanting things and not lifting a finger... time for a change.

There's nothing wrong with them doing a few chores, it teaches them that if they want something in life they can't expect everyone to just hand it to them, they have to work for it and earn it.

Peety
12-28-2007, 12:53 AM
yes the stuff does work.

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 01:08 AM
wash em like the ol days, by hand manually

Macs II
12-28-2007, 01:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mokitapupita</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wash em like the ol days, by hand manually </div></div>

todays women need to be trained

KRP
12-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Ok, trying not to insult you right now but it's not that easy...

Re-read her posts and you'll see... and hopefully it will sink in... she hates doing dishes which is why she has a dishwasher and wants it fixed.

KRP
12-28-2007, 01:11 AM
Not all of us Macs, myself I prefer to do them by hand.

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 01:53 AM
i just love how my internet just suddenly dies to nothing for no reason.

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 01:54 AM
dishwasher is a lazy way out lmao

Xzavia
12-28-2007, 02:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1981 STAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is stuff you buy to clean the dishwasher. It a container of stuff you open and run it through a cycle. Makes the dishwasher sparkle, and work like new. </div></div>
thanks
where do you buy it? grocery store? </div></div>

If it's the same stuff I've used it's called "Glisten". You get it only in some of our grocery stores, same area as the dishwasher soap. Little white box with Glisten written in Green across it. 2 packages/uses in it.
Works wonders to clean up your dishwasher!

Babzz
12-28-2007, 02:29 AM
thanks xzavia. I will look for that and get some CLT too. should fix it up /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

mokitapupita
12-28-2007, 06:51 AM
you can also buy pizza pockets at grocery store.

_daynzy
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1981 STAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there is stuff you buy to clean the dishwasher. It a container of stuff you open and run it through a cycle. Makes the dishwasher sparkle, and work like new. </div></div>
thanks
where do you buy it? grocery store? </div></div>lock city repairs has dishwasher cleaner