View Full Version : School Lunches
I seen this topic before but we definately need one here.
Post ideas of creative and fun things to put in the kids lunches to keep them from getting bored with the same things everyday!!!
My idea for the day..
Instead of plain sandwiches, I bought some larger sized cookie cutters and I make her sandwiches into shapes. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Sweet Little Sister
09-18-2005, 10:18 PM
I do the cookie cutter thing too! Big heart instead of a boring square.
My daughter loves salad so she gets that at least once a week. i found some really cool containers at Wal-Mart, the lid is an ice pack.
- cereal , put milk in a little bottle and cereal in a container.
- tortilla chips and a little cup of conqueso.
- strawberries cut up with a chunk of frozen CoolWhip on top, by lunch time it's thawed but not runny.
- soup, chili, stew, macaroni ect...in a thermos.
- kiwi to scoop out with a spoon.
- penutbutter-banana roll. spread pb on a tortilla and roll a banana up in it. you can slice it up or eat it whole.
- bagel with cream cheese.
if i think of anything i'll post it later ...
*I've also started making her pack her own lunch this year as one of her chores. It has helped cut down on things being brought home uneaten.
Those are some GREAT ideas SLS.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif
My son's new faaaaavorite thing is stuffed giant pasta shells.
I cook and drain ground beef, and cook/drain rice. Then I add the cooked rice to the ground beef, stir in a can of tomato soup.
Boil giant pasta shells until they're cooked all the way through, but still a bit firm, cuz then they can still be molded. Put beef/rice/soup mix into the shells, then fold the shells shut. Store in thermos.
I have yet to have this make a mess, and my son's 5, so if there's a mess to be made, you can bet he's made it! And he can eat it with his hands, which is always a good thing.
Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.7 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.