PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to...

TREEFROG
12-30-2007, 03:32 PM
What happened to D's? It still appears to be closed.

blueeyedgirl
12-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Someone asked the same question a few nights ago. There was no answer and the thread was quickly deleted!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TREEFROG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What happened to D's? It still appears to be closed. </div></div>

I could tell you but the last time I did people ignored me and said I was making things up. Like whatever,lol....

everywoman
12-30-2007, 04:07 PM
I believe the sign on the door said they would be open soon. They are closed for repairs to the ventilation system if I recall right.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 04:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the sign on the door said they would be open soon. But I am evil so what do I know!! </div></div>

everywoman
12-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, I am evil, as you've apparently heard! I am revising my evil plan as we speak....the unveiling will be soon.....

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 04:28 PM
I am trying to behave

everywoman
12-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Good- you will be spared...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 04:30 PM
For once,lol

t1000
12-30-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm EVIL you two get in line!

crazymamma
12-30-2007, 04:57 PM
LAMo.....almost choked on my drink damnit

italiandomino
12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the sign on the door said they would be open soon. They are closed for repairs to the ventilation system if I recall right. </div></div>

from what I was told by the owner was that the cost of fixing the ventalation was to much and decided to move out of that location. not sure if he is owning up elsewhere or not. I see on Sootoday the owner is selling off alot of the equipment that they purchased.

Evangeline
12-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I don't think he has any plans of re opening.

Macs II
12-30-2007, 11:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ItalianDomino</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the sign on the door said they would be open soon. They are closed for repairs to the ventilation system if I recall right. </div></div>

from what I was told by the owner was that the cost of fixing the ventalation was to much and decided to move out of that location. not sure if he is owning up elsewhere or not. I see on Sootoday the owner is selling off alot of the equipment that they purchased. </div></div>

I don't believe that ...I think they miscalculated and their lack of business experience caused them to go belly up.

mokitapupita
12-30-2007, 11:27 PM
YEAH PROBABLY, IT WAS GOOD BEFORE

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Damnit Macs it was the ventilation, ID was practically engulfed in smoke...

Macs II
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damnit Macs it was the ventilation, ID was practically engulfed in smoke... </div></div>

Do they own this place or did they have a lease?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
I dont know. I wasnt his agent lol

mokitapupita
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
YEAH THAT place did smell like you came from a grease fire before, but who knows now, maybe the new owners couldn't handle it?!?

everywoman
12-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, like I had mentioned in a previous thread, it was pretty thick in there the one night I went in. It was obvious that it wasn't venting well. My step-dad was with me, and is in the heating/cooling biz, and said a new system would be quite costly. So....if that is indeed the case, they might not have been able to afford it. Too bad...it was my favorite late night place!

mokitapupita
12-31-2007, 01:56 AM
WHO knows how long they went without it

cybolynx
12-31-2007, 05:01 AM
well i know the ventalation system had to be fixed b4 ... when the old owner owned it ...

that one cant be riped out and a new one put in ?

or gutted and repaird ...

lmags
12-31-2007, 10:05 PM
You paying for it?

mokitapupita
01-01-2008, 03:03 AM
guess no one likes the place enough to keep it going, last i heard it was some young people running it

heintzman
01-01-2008, 03:43 AM
When i was there, there was an older lady and a young person , who didn't really care if i was there or not, he was more interested in getting back to his computer. But the burger was good, fried were frozen,which i didn't eat. I think an investment in a french fry cutter would be good idea. I wish them luck!! more so than the new pizza place,,, sorry but the big chains that over charge for medoacre(sp) food do not cut it for me!!

someguy
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
This is from the owner. The property management company was not willing to repair the ventilation or heating system in the unit. The building had no heat and the ventilation unit quit working all together. When the fire department came in and tagged it, we spoke with the property manager and were told they would not fix or replace either the heating or ventilation unit. When priced out the cost to replace both combined was over $25,000.

Now put yourself in our shoes. You are renting a space and you have no heat. You call the landlord and he tells you to fix it yourself. We were willing to spend some more money than the $15,000 that was spent to clean that place up. However spending $25,000+ to repair someone else's building was not going to happen. Could we have afforeded it some ask. Of course we could have but would have it been a wise business decision to sink this type of cash into someone elses property.

On top of these problems we also had the following issues that the landlord would not resolve:

1. Roof and walls would pour water when it rained ruining ceiling tiles and flooring. We were out of pocket $3000 in damages and the landlord said too bad.

2. The floor drains which are connected to the sewer would back up on numerous occasions. Called the landlord and were told too bad we're not fixing it.

As for you MOKITAPUPITA, learn to keep your mouth closed when you don't know the real facts. This is right from the owner of D's and ID who worked for us can vouch for all that has been stated in this post.

As for re-opening.....wait and see and it may happen sooner than you think.

SusyQ
01-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Just a question should you have not checked the property first before you sank your money into it? I don't blame you one bit for not wanting too reopen at the same location. The Pizza Pizza up here on Great Northern is looking for someone too open the franchise just a thought put out for ya.

someguy
01-01-2008, 05:02 PM
We have something else on the go right now. Still in the west end just waiting till next week to see if the deal closes or not, pending inspection report.

SusyQ
01-01-2008, 05:04 PM
You know what It's Just Me good for you for trying its a big step too open your own business and I commend you.

Simba
01-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Wise decisions It's just me! I wouldn't blame you a bit for doing what you are doing. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

someguy
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks Simba. I miss all the chilltown meetings already!!!

blueeyedgirl
01-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Just a question but before you invested into this business did you not do or have a thorough inspection of the place. Those issues may have been picked up before hand. Its too bad really. Hope you have great success on your next endeavour!

someguy
01-01-2008, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a question but before you invested into this business did you not do or have a thorough inspection of the place. Those issues may have been picked up before hand. Its too bad really. Hope you have great success on your next endeavour! </div></div>

That was not possible as we did not purchase the spot we just rented it.

everywoman
01-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Good Luck!! I hope you have better luck in a new location!

Karen-Annie
01-01-2008, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: It's Just Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just a question but before you invested into this business did you not do or have a thorough inspection of the place. Those issues may have been picked up before hand. Its too bad really. Hope you have great success on your next endeavour! </div></div>

That was not possible as we did not purchase the spot we just rented it. </div></div>

I would hazard a guess that there was the expectation that when these .renters reported a problem with the space that it would be fixed as any decent landlord would do.It boggles the mind that a slum landlord can continue to rent substandard,and likely illegal business space.

TREEFROG
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks for answering me. I really miss those wings. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Intangible
01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
It's Just Me.....can you tell us who the property owner is? I am curious. Even just the initials can tell me if I am right.

Giggle Squirt
01-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I am just glad that d's was open long enough to get me through my pregnancy. I craved their deep fryed rav. and i also miss their wings.. I hope it opens soon... Very very soon.

someguy
01-01-2008, 10:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intangible</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's Just Me.....can you tell us who the property owner is? I am curious. Even just the initials can tell me if I am right. </div></div>

That info I can not post here because of a pending legal action against them.

Intangible
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh

mokitapupita
01-02-2008, 12:07 AM
POUTINES WERE THE BEST (ORIGINAL ONES) MOZZA CHEESE CHEESE CURDS AND GRAVY YUM