PDA

View Full Version : Let Mayer Rot

Coach
12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I see Crybaby Mayer has decided not to report to the Hounds this year. Well I say let him rot....do not trade him....let him wallow in a junior b or junior a...where he won't develop.....then in 2 or 3 years( if mommy will let him move away) he can go to a U.S. college and play 20 or 30 games and not develop to his full potential there.....
Mr. Mayer...you must have rocks in your head not to want to come to a team that is being coached by the coach of TEAM CANADA. Apparantly the best for Canada isn't good enough for you. You may be o.k. in junior a/b/c/ where ever you are now but you are NOT and I repeat NOT a bona-fide lock prospect for the NHL or OHL...plain and simple.....your arrogance at this age is astounding...almost as bad as a local product in the OHL now....the only difference is he went to where he was drafted....What if you do get drafted to the NHL by Dallas or L.A...are you going to demand they trade you to the Leafs???? or are you going to demand that the NHL open a franchise in Kingston???? If I was a scout or G.M. in the NHL I would black ball every kid who didn't report to the team they were drafted to and tried to play this game that Mayer has....He'll play for any one in the eastern conference??? Pretty big words for a 3rd or 4th line player.....DAVE TORRIE..PLEASE DO NOT TRADE THIS KID!!!! I am speaking as an OHL and Hound fan....

GenX
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
U.S. college hockey has developed into an arch rival of the CHL.

Personally, I would think the higher number of games in the CHL would benefit development more. But enough scouts and NHL team brass feel that college hockey is on par with the CHL experience.

One reason (and this comes from the Tampa Bay Lightning head scout of college hockey) is that while the CHL offers more games, the U.S. college hockey scene offers much more practice time.

Add
12-31-2007, 12:36 PM
If I had the choice between NCAA hockey or CHL hockey, I would jump on the NCAA bandwagon in a second. You get 4 years of exposure, you get an education, and you also get scouted by just as many or more scouts as the CHL does.

GRUMPY
12-31-2007, 10:17 PM
There are many reasons why a person would HONESTLY take either route and not just to play the system. If it were up to me were my kid had the talent to make the NHL theres only one way to go and thats through the American universities and not through the CHL. You go through their system and quit the final year and come back to the CHL, which changes everything for for if you've already been drafted. By coming back to juniors you are now a totally free agent and you can go to whom ever offers the best deal.

Coach
01-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Well I see Torrie caved in and traded the crybaby ....brutal....now everyone will be holding up the OHL....thanks to Dave Branch for letting the league implode.....even worse Torrie gave up Mayer AND a 1st round pick....brutal...just Brutal....he gets Caria and an 8th??? terrible deal...should have at least received a 2nd round pick...

GRUMPY
01-01-2008, 04:33 PM
not Mayer's fault as he has no control over the lack of testicles with the hounds.

GenX
01-01-2008, 10:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I had the choice between NCAA hockey or CHL hockey, I would jump on the NCAA bandwagon in a second. You get 4 years of exposure, you get an education, and you also get scouted by just as many or more scouts as the CHL does. </div></div>

That was THE key difference the NCAA had over the CHL for years. However, the CHL has wisened up, and now makes an education beyond high school an important part of most packages it offers prospective players.

I think the NCAA still has the advantage on this point, but the CHL has finally figured out why so many bright prospects opted for American colleges: there is life after hockey for the ones who aren't going to make millions in the NHL, which is a vast majority of players.

GRUMPY
01-02-2008, 05:11 AM
true

Super Gram
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry I put the wrong thing down.

I mean if are drafted by the Hounds and you don't want to play for them. Just hang on and they will trade you.

GRUMPY
01-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Sorry but maybe I'm missing something here but whats wrong with trying to have a say in your own future and where you can play after all I do think that slavery has been abolished.

Coach
01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
well Mayer is on the roster...he must have reported...how come he hasn't been named player of the week....he must have a hat trick already....come on, a player of his caliber....where are all the points...i hear St. Mike's is a lock in the east now..lolololol