PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Shelter Update.

debrac
01-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Scooter Basset still there. Another Rag doll type cat there. sheepdog mix(VERY MATTED), Hope to get a grooming appt today for him. some young labs and lab mix puppys.3 to 6 months old.
wire hair jack russel. German shep adopted.(gsd) pure bred rotti very sweet. med size beagle mix. Areila very sweet,other adutl young dogs and seniors. labs and lab mixes,shperd mixes. pit mixes.come on over. 2008 adoption rates 50 adoptionfees are 50 alterd pets. and 25 for un alterd. call for more info.

ladybug
01-10-2008, 11:59 PM
are there any border restrictions when adopting in mich and bringing the dog over to ontario

LettuceLady
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
From what I have read on here in the past, no. I beleive that they do have to be up to date with their shots though?!

kitca
01-11-2008, 12:14 PM
i treid so hard yesterday in soo michigan to catch a stray rotti mix. she was so scared and confused, but i just couldnt catch her. i hope she found her way home or someone was able to get her. anyway, would i have been able to bring her to your shelter, that is what i was thinking. i dont know where it is, or what to look up in the phone book. i was going to worry about that after i caught her. (no tags or colar). (dont know if male or female either)

debrac
01-11-2008, 01:08 PM
There is no trouble at all to cross the boarder with a dog. our number is 632-2519 we are located 1.5 miles from walmart on Mackinaw trail. past the bowling ally and Sadler-rodonath motors.
thanks for caring Kitca

mags
01-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Is there a web-site?

sharon
01-12-2008, 10:26 AM
go to http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/MI252.html
I adopted to cats from there and had no problem bring them across the board.

General Lee
01-12-2008, 10:39 AM
i bring my dog over to the vet they have never asked for papers

mags
01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
thanks Suzy

GRUMPY
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
In the past 20-30 years I've only been asked for proof that any of my dogs were up to date with their shots and both times were on the American side.

GRUMPY
01-13-2008, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ladybug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are there any border restrictions when adopting in mich and bringing the dog over to ontario </div></div>

Might be easiest just not to bring up the subject.

sharon
01-13-2008, 08:26 PM
your welcome mags. I have also been going over to the vets for the past 25yrs and I have not been asked to date for any papers or records of any sort.

debrac
01-15-2008, 06:58 AM
A adult dog was adopted yesterday to a canadian resident. Must have made it across they didnt come back.lol

GRUMPY
01-15-2008, 08:18 PM
I was over at Glenn's today and as always I checked their bulletin board as the shelter usually post pictures of their dogs there, all I can say is that if I'd been looking for a dog I would have a hard time choosing. I've never seen so many good looking dogs, it would be a toss up between the German short haired pointer and Scooter the Beagle.

ladybug
01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: debracox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A adult dog was adopted yesterday to a canadian resident. Must have made it across they didnt come back.lol </div></div>

KC..is turning out to be a wonderful addition to our family, he is a wonderful dog, very gentle with the kids , listens well is eager to please and no accidents in the house. We are very pleased with him

GRUMPY
01-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Thats great, I'm always happy when others choose an adult pet. That's all I've ever gotten (I'm lazy at heart) and I've never been disappointed yet. I'm always amazed at how fast they can adapt to things, I honestly think humans have a harder time. Good luck to all of you.

debrac
01-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Oh Great! Marlynn a volunteer at the shelter will be soooooo happy. she was the one who lets KC out around the Shelter at nights with her. THanks to everyone who adopts any Animal from a Shelter. Bless you all.