PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Nivida 7600 and WMP

Koss
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Windows XP sp 2 Media Centre with Nvidia 7600GS. Problems with video play and Windows Media Player in Media Centre (I know same thing) since the last driver update from Nvidia about a month ago. Video looks washed out, too bright, and dull. Playing with the Video Playback colour settings just makes things worse, playing with the desktop colour settings just makes everything look bad.

Video on Youtube, Quicktime and other players looks the same as it did before.

I can play my movies in another player, but I want to watch TV.

I haven't found a fix for this on the internet, but has anyone else had this problem, and do you know a fix.

If not, how do I revert back to a earlier driver without reinstalling the hardware?

Andre
01-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I had the same problem. Updating my motherboard chipset drivers solved it.

Koss
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the input but no dice. There were no Chipset updates available for me other than some developer stuff.

However, I was [censored] around with Nvidia's control panel while Media Centre was open (not full screen). When I was in 'adjust video settings' and unclicked the 'apply to all video or something) box) , the colour and picture of the TV signal improved immediately to the quality I was used to. Unfortunately, when I maximized Media Centre to full screen or if I closed down the Nvidia control panel, the picture reverted to it's pukish self. So I think the problem definitely lies with Nvidia's video setting. The fact that I can't find any other occurance of this on Google is frustrating. I am not sure what to do next.

I have tried uninstalling the hardware and reinstalling with my original install Nvidia install CD, but I have the screen resolution where I like it. When I reinstall it, it reverts to a resolution that I don't like and I can't seem to find way to fix that problem. I end up rebooting from a restore point and undo my damage.

Any more insight into either customizing my resolution so I can install prior drivers and software, or for a fix for the current Nvidia problem would be appreciated.

cybolynx
01-04-2008, 06:47 PM
its judt nvidia standard issues .... buy an ati card /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Koss
01-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Rolling back the drivers did wonders. Though I like what Nvidia's control panel can do, if it doesn't work what's the point. And they still won't even discuss that there is a problem with their software yet. Boo!

\m/ Rich \m/
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
i have no problems with either of my nvidia cards (8800 and 8600), and other than the control panel being a bit laggy, it works great for me.

Ati's CP startup was only a bit faster.