PDA

View Full Version : extreamly congested baby

Giggle Squirt
01-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Is their any other way to relieve a baby of boogers other then sucking them out with one of them sucker things? He hats it and i don't blame him.. but he is really stuffed up.

Chaotic Chick
01-03-2008, 07:44 AM
That is usually the best way to help relieve him of the congestion. Sometimes I would turn on the shower and keep the baby in the bathroom with me as well. The steam helps but make sure he is not in the bathroom too long. Can't use Vaporub on them at that age, or most cold medicines. It is sad to see them suffer and using the sucker thing seems almost like torture lol.

chase_me
01-03-2008, 09:12 PM
i am not sure how old your baby is but you CAN get a vicks vaporrub for babies, i would not put it on the baby though but i put it on a cloth beside the baby and that way they can smell it as it is still a bit stron smelling. You can also get a cold medicine if baby is older then 6 months old, and the vapor bath you can get also helps

Giggle Squirt
01-04-2008, 01:50 AM
the baby is almost 2 months old and i use vicks plug ins in his room and i do have the baby vicks

chase_me
01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
try the vapor bath with baby, i used it with my daughter when she was congested

Tutones
01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Nasal bulb syringe tips:

1. Depress the bulb before inserting the tip in baby's nose so that you are not blowing air into the nose, instead of sucking it out. Releasing the pressure on the bulb is what sucks the boogers out.

2. Wait until baby is asleep or feeding to sneak the tip into the nostril.

Keep a cool mist humidifier in the room and elevate baby's head when sleeping so that the phlegm runs down instead of pooling in the sinus. For very young babys like yours this may mean holding baby upright on your shoulder while she is sleeping when possible. Hope baby is better soon. Infant colds are not fun /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I did this with both my boys when they had colds and they never even flinched when I did it and were much happier afterward.

chase_me
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
i actually got to thinking i think you should take your childo the doc ASAP, it is possible he may have RSV, it is the time of year and our babys are the right age to get it, better be safe tghen sorry

http://lungdiseases.about.com/od/respiratorysyncytialviru1/a/symptoms_rsv.htm

Giggle Squirt
01-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Yes, I took my son down to emerg today... he started choking on mucus and stoped breathing.. Turned out it was rsv. he was born premature ( three weeks) and so technically instread of being 2 months today, he is relaly only 1 month and 1 week ( i had no idea nurse explaned it to me.) SO... now he is in a isolated room and i can't even touch him. i have to wear a gown and a mask and gloves. cant even give him little kisses. His older brother is sad too. And i can't even sleep at the hospitals due to the fact that i am paranoid and the chair bed is so damn uncomfortable. and sleeping with a mask on is not fun either.. Hope ths does not happen to anyone else..

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I completely understand how you feel /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Mind you, my daughter wasn't isolated, but she did have to spend a week in the hospital when she was 8 weeks old hooked up to every possible thing you could imagine. They had given me a stretcher to sleep on. The chair bed is so much more comfortable.

I've said it before, but babies shouldn't have to go through these sort of things. It's not fair /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif My thoughts are with you and I hope he has a speedy recovery so he can get back home with those that love him.