PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Cancer

bali
01-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Hello everybody, I just wanted to know if anybody on the board has had or know anybody who has dealt with Kidney Cancer or has had a Kidney removed. My wife was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer and we are going to London to have her right Kidney removed next week. We just wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions on recovery or what to expect. Thanks

Mr & Mrs Allyyyzkat
01-05-2008, 02:54 PM
I had my left kidney removed because of cancer. As with any surgery differnt people heal at different rates. It probally will be a slow and long healing process because yr wifes immune system isn't 100%. As for afterwards take care of the other kidney. If she gets hurt around her kidney area watch carefully and if there is blood in her urine...get it checked out. It may not be anything serious but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Good luck with yr wife and good thoughts and well wishes are being sent yr way.

J*B
01-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm glad you are going to London as I have no faith in the Sault as far as cancer treatments go, best wishes and hope she has a speedy recovery.

tippikitty
01-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Sorry don't have any answers for you but I wanted to wish you and your wife the best of luck.

Chaotic Chick
01-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I wish you all the luck in the world. I am not sure if your wife is who I am thinking of, but my thoughts are with you.

JerDawg
01-05-2008, 09:28 PM
i too, am keeping you and your family in my prayers. Be Strong.

bali
01-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks everyone for responding and for your prayers and thoughts. We were actually suppose to have the surgery in Feb but the hospital called because of a cancellation so the surgery was bumped up a month which kinda of left us unprepared and are rushing to get things settled here. The Doctor and the staff are incredible and we when asked for the best we got it. We know that the recovery is going to be long and trying but we are happy to get this over and done with. Once again thank you everyone for your responses. And also CC you're thinking about the right person.

skibunnie64
01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
My dad went to London to have his kidney removed due to cancer in 2001. He was 76 at the time. Long recovery for him. With kidney cancer if it is contained to the kidney they are cured. When they removed the the kidney they scrape around the area and test for cancer. My dad didn't have to have any other treatment. He was fine after the surgery. The doctor and hospital was amazing.

nightingale
01-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Good Luck to you and your wife bali! When it comes to cancer, Kidney cancer is one of the "best" you can have (you know what I mean...). It very rarely metastasizes and you go back to a nearly normal life. Prayers sent your way.