PDA

View Full Version : wireless mouse

binky
01-06-2008, 11:07 AM
hey I've got this wireless hp mouse and for the most part it's fine but even with cleaning and a fresh pair of batteries it often gets skippy and also misses clicks. Is this a genera problem with these things or is it a quality issue?

Maryms
01-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Quality can be an issue for sure for mice to properly respond over a long period of time. If the clickable button underneath the finger button is wore, then it is a futile to do any cleaning as it will not make it better as once they are worn out you can't fix them and this usually means buying another mouse.

You see if there is dirt in between the buttons, but that would mean taking the entire mouse apart.

mokitapupita
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
WIRELESS MOUSE SUCKS, OPTICAL USB ONE IS GOOD.

axalon2003
01-07-2008, 12:38 AM
If you have any wireless devices near the wireless transciever it can cause interference. That includes wireless routers, cordless phones (bases included), cell phones, etc. Things that make a lot of "electrical noise" can also cause issies. That would include fans, baseboard/electric heaters, humidifiers, etc. Then there's things like wiring through your walls, neighbours, and so on.
Try moving your wireless reveiver around a bit and see if that helps. You can also try cordless phones on different channels too. And before anyone anyone gets into the whole "but phones and things use different frequencies" issue, I know that, and I've seen them cause issues anyway.
btw...Here's an interesting wireless tidbit to show how things you don't expect can cause problems.If you have issues with your wireless internet connection being unreliable, or having little range, look around your yard. If you have a lot of evergreen trees in your yard, or have them near your wireless equipment, they are likely the cause of your problems. One of the chemicals in the needles affects radio signals.

Giggle Squirt
01-07-2008, 03:14 AM
My wireless mouse, and router were working fine until i plugged in a baby monitor, i have also noticed that if my cellphone is beside my laptop and it is about to ring my mouse will go jumpy and sometimes the internet connection will cut out.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Oh and also when i was playing guitar hero with a wireless guitar it was messing up my connection and everythign too. Gotta love technology.

binky
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
interesting guys I never thought of the phone its right inbetween the mouse and the usb thing I'll move he phone and see
thanx

Koss
01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Also, this is a long shot, but try a mouse pad. I had problems with a wireless usb mouse but the problem was I had a fancy shinny mouse pad. It was the kind of graphics that showed two different pictures depending on the way the light hit it. It was causing problems with the optics of the mouse. New mouse pad, no more problems.

binky
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
thanx koss but no my mouse pad is flat black fabric but will keep in mind so far so good with phone outta the way but will be doine some photo editing soon and that will tell.