PDA

View Full Version : Should I bake my ribs and baste

AmdWolfman
10-15-2005, 03:20 PM
I got two sides of ribs that i want to put on a cookie sheet. Should I boil them first, not sure on how to make these. thx

AmdWolfman
10-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Ok,the big pot of water is boiling now. I'm going to add them for like about 5 minutes or so. Then put them on the sheet and baste them untill they are done. Hmm, Anyone know how long I should bake them for after they have been poached?

AmdWolfman
10-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Ok, they are done, they taste great,lol.

Sweet Little Sister
10-15-2005, 06:47 PM
glad you were able to talk yourself thru it wolfman.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

sage
10-16-2005, 10:17 AM
Hehehe!
I had some ribs a couple of weeks ago that were SOOOOOOOoo tender and delicious...I tried to get the recipe but the lady wouldnt give it to me.

AmdWolfman
10-17-2005, 04:19 PM
lol@§weet £ittle §ister
I know, I just love ribs.

gouligann
10-26-2005, 08:12 AM
cut your ribs into serving sizes (3 ribs or so per piece), put them in layers into a slow cooker in the morning, JUST with a bit of garlic and pepper on them, no water,no oil, nothing else. They have enough fat in them to keep them moist.
Have the slow cooker just below medium setting and let cook until tender, (about 6 hours)
Pour off fat, and then one layer at a time, add Dianna Sauce on top (or I think any kind would work) and cook 1/2 to one hour more.
The meat pulls off the bones with a fork they are so tender.
YUMMY!!

AmdWolfman
11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
yep, I think it's time for ribs agian . Thx

lovekisses
11-14-2005, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by gouligann:
cut your ribs into serving sizes (3 ribs or so per piece), put them in layers into a slow cooker in the morning, JUST with a bit of garlic and pepper on them, no water,no oil, nothing else. They have enough fat in them to keep them moist.
Have the slow cooker just below medium setting and let cook until tender, (about 6 hours)
Pour off fat, and then one layer at a time, add Dianna Sauce on top (or I think any kind would work) and cook 1/2 to one hour more.
The meat pulls off the bones with a fork they are so tender.
YUMMY!!</div></div>Ive always made my ribs in the crockpot but I add green peppers and pineapple chunks to this as well...Its so good!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Hmm..Im gettin' hungry;guess Im gonna have to have ribs this wknd.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

o'casey
11-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Ok If I may say.....please please please never boil pork or beef unless you are making a stock for soup. Braising or slow roasting is always the best way. And make sure your meat is always fully thawed before cooking.
And with ribs stand them in a roast pan with the thickest part of the bone on the bottom. Add about 1 1/2 inches of water season and cover with tinfoil depending on the number of racks you are cooking will depend on the lenght of time to cook. The best temp is 250 to 275 degrees after a couple of hours increase the heat to 300 degrees. when the bone pulls from the meat they are ready for bbq or broiler and always sauce just before serving so thet the sauce stays sticky but not burned

Cliche
11-15-2005, 06:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by o'casey:
Ok If I may say.....please please please never boil pork or beef unless you are making a stock for soup. Braising or slow roasting is always the best way. And make sure your meat is always fully thawed before cooking.
And with ribs stand them in a roast pan with the thickest part of the bone on the bottom. Add about 1 1/2 inches of water season and cover with tinfoil depending on the number of racks you are cooking will depend on the lenght of time to cook. The best temp is 250 to 275 degrees after a couple of hours increase the heat to 300 degrees. when the bone pulls from the meat they are ready for bbq or broiler and always sauce just before serving so thet the sauce stays sticky but not burned</div></div>That is how I make mine and they are perfect every time. I also usually rub them (with a rub /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif ) and let them sit overnight in the fridge before cooking...Yummy!

o'casey
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
I make my own rub. Alot of peaple have been buying it. And i usually marinade over night aswell and I usually recommend it. For flavor purposes.

Cliche
11-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Here is my rub recipe

1 TBSP sugar
1TBSP Paprika
2 tsp salt sea salt of course
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp clove
1tsp allspice
2 tsp chili powder

I grind the cumin/clove/allspice in my spice grinder so it is fresh.

At times, I add some oregano when I want a more mexican feel to it with the cumin/oregano combo.

Usually I make a big batch and keep the leftover in the fridge for next time.

Now that I showed you mine, Are you going to show me your rub? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

o'casey
11-15-2005, 09:34 PM
Good recipe but unfortanatly I cannot give out the one I make. But the cumin is a good ingredient to have in it. When used in the right way cumin can add a wonderful flavor to meats
Only Because I am trying to get mine on the market that is why. but I will share others with you.

Cliche
11-16-2005, 12:40 PM
No Problem! I guess I'll have to buy it and figure it out!

Good Luck with it!

BAILEYDOG
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
what is the difference between back ribs and side ribs? which is better? the side ribs I buy always have these clearpieces of (cartilage) in them that is very anoying.

ssmarie
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
back ribs are the best IMO

heintzman
03-15-2014, 01:05 AM
did y'all know that when you take your ribs out of the pkg, you have to take the yukky skin off the backside of them before cookin'?...yup,, grab a paper towel,, and a sharp knife,,, start a cut,,, and peel that ugly skin away from that beautiful meat!,,,it is not an easy thing to do,, but time and patience will show in the result of your ribs!