View Full Version : White Sauce

10-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Does anyone have a good white sauce recipe for pasta?

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
yeah, its called CLASSICO Alfredo di roma!
This velvety aged parmesan and cream recipe captures all the magic of Rome!
Its very easy make pasta add sauce stir warm enjoy!

10-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Really easy to make a bechamel sauce...

1 TBSP of butter....melt it in a saucepan
add 1TBSP of flour and cook a few minutes .

Add COLD MILK to it with a whisk...voila! white sauce.

(thicker = less milk...thinner = more milk)

Takes 3 minutes no special ingredients needed.

Then you can add whatever you like...garlic, cheese, bacon, seafood, shallots, parsley etc. etc.

*edited to add: if you want to make more increase the butter and flour as long as the proportions are 1 to 1 you will be fine*

10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif Thanks!!

Jackie B
10-23-2005, 04:38 PM
Here's what I use.

1/4 cup butter (margarine)
2-3 cloves garlic
1 small onion
1/4 cup flour
2 cups of milk
1 tsp salt
1 cup of mozzarella (if desired)

Melt butter in saucepan, add minced garlic and finely chopped onion, cook until onions are clear, but not browned. Blend in flour, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Whisk in milk, a bit at a time. Add salt, and reheat to not quite boiling. Add grated cheese until melted, and it's done. You can omit the garlic, onions, and cheese if you like, and will still have a regular white sauce.

You could use the same recipe only substitute the 1 cup of mozzarella for 2 cups of grated cheddar, and use it in mac and cheese, as sauce on broccoli, asparagus, or whatever you might use cheese sauce for.

10-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh yummmmm!!! Thanks a billion!

I know what we'll be having tomorrow night. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif LOL

10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
you do not put in cold milk, the milk should be hot!!!!

and 35%cream tastes better, and dont use 2% use 3%

take my word word im a chef student

also the roux (flour and butter , its a 50/50 mix, equal amounts of butter and flour.

good luck

10-25-2005, 12:41 AM
50/50 is a 1:1 ratio

10-26-2005, 09:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by tasma5:
yeah, its called CLASSICO Alfredo di roma!
This velvety aged parmesan and cream recipe captures all the magic of Rome!
Its very easy make pasta add sauce stir warm enjoy!</div></div>i agree
that stuff is pretty good!

10-27-2005, 10:15 AM
To make the greatest alfredo do the following...

put a tablespoon of butter
throw in whipping cream (keep in mind it thickens as it heats and absorbs into the pasta, so less is not more)
a tablespoon or two of parmesan (put in after the sauce has started to boil with pasta already in it)

That's it.

Now, when I say whipping cream, I mean the purple box cream. Not whipped cream. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

10-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Do you think it would taste the same if I use Cool whip /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
no cool whip is an edible oil product
use cream

boil your alfredo,
heat up in a saute pan a bit of olive oil, a few veggies if you want to get creative, put in your pasta, add lemon juice , add grated parmesean, season to taste, saute till hot and serve

starch in pasta will thikin ur sauce, not need to make a seperate sauce, who has time for that

throw in some basil and parsley, yum....

red and green peper julienned finely, go good with that...

fresh egg pasta is even better, and takes onlya min or 2 to cook.

in a bowl mix 1 egg with enough flour to make a soft dough, knead it for a a few mins to develop a silky texture , let it sit fer liek 10 mins, then roll it out till you can just barely see thru it, dust some flour on it, roll it up like you woul cinimin rolls, then cut it into what ever thickness you want unravel it throw ina pot fora few mins while your saute pan is heating up then ina min or 2 remove and trow in the pan fry for only liek 2 mins, its done, you can also add diced chicken breast to ithe pan till warm and voila an yum,my meal

11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
You're bringin' back memories from when I did chef training here...lol.