PDA

View Full Version : vibro gym

kitca
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
hi, i know this has been discussed in the past, but i went for a look-see today. i so much want to believe in it. but, i am wondering if anyone on here has now tried it for any length of time, and are the claims they say true?

KRP
01-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I wondered about it too but what I'm more curious about right now is the Vibro Wrap they have. Apparently you can lose 6-10 inches with one wrap, it also helps detoxify your body. Each session takes 1 1/2 - 2 hrs and costs $150 per wrap or $499 for 5 wraps but they have a special going on right now where you get 5 wraps free when you purchase the 5 wrap deal.

KRP
01-08-2008, 09:07 AM
http://soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=15469

That's an article that was on Soonews

J*B
01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Lazy mans way of exercise /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

A*lil*Loopy
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
My sister is enjoying it quite a bit. She's become more active since starting because her feet don't hurt any more. When she misses a few days, she wants to go back. I'll have to ask her if she's losing any inches. I know she feels better so I think that's all that matters to her.

I was supposed to join with her but silly me bought a horse instead. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get my big butt in there.

kitca
01-08-2008, 05:57 PM
so she does feel better eh? i want to know if it will help tone up the muscles and work into lost inches.

jb - its not lazy, it is a different way. you still need to do a cardio workout, vibro gym is supposed to be a muscle workout and detoxifier etc.

i just want to know if it really works.

oh, by the way, i went in to see it and did a quickie demonstration. man oh man, did that 30 seconds feel like forever! and i can feel it today deep in my hamstrings.

A*lil*Loopy
01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
She did a detox too and said it was horrific smelling afterwards. I always doubted it until she told me about what kind of gross stuff was in the water afterwards......made her quit drinking after seeing it.

So I guess it works.

kitca
01-08-2008, 10:23 PM
ewwwwwe, ive never heard of that. hmmm.

A*lil*Loopy
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
The detox is separate from the workout. It costs extra or is incorporated into a "membership plan".

Apparently you sit on one of the machines with your feet in a large container of water (not sure what's in the water, lol) for a period of time. When you are done your session, they look at the colour of the water and that helps determine what type of toxins your body is releasing. It smells bad when you are finished according to my sister, and she was putting out some alcohol toxins as well as other things like iron, etc.

kitca
01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
hmmmm, very intereting. thanks.

MagicFingers
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lazy mans way of exercise /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Actually no it isn't...I hurt more when I go there for 20 minutes then when I do 45 minutes of aquafit. What people don't realize is that this type of workout works the small muscles in our body which don't get worked on very much. It's like doing pilates but wiht the vibration. The vibration allows an effective workout with little impact on joints. I see a lot of seniors going for this very reason. I sweat more and get a burn quicker with going to vibrogym. To be honest I am starting back after my vacation in 9 days. I have had a member ship since sept but since oct haven't been able to go due to my work schedule. Working nights is not very conducive to my system and then I was sick for a time. I miss it and I notice that my body misses it. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

As for the wrap I have done my own research on it and I opt not to do it. It is like anything else, yes you will lose inches, it isn't fat you are losing it is excess fluids in your system you are losing be it lymphatic fluids but still, if you aren't planning on eating properly and working out regularly you will just be wasting your money. If you plan to maintain a proper eating habit and exercise habit then I woudl say go for it. Also do not be confused with inches and weight you will more than likely still weigh the same amount but your inches will have changed.

My other concern is the other detoxifying thing they have there forget what it is called the ion cleanse or something you stick your feet in this warm bath and it is supposed to pull out the toxins in your body. Which is good but along with that it pulls out the very minerals and such that your body needs. If you opt for this I would suggest a regular blood test to make sure your body has everything it needs to function properly.

KRP
01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm on Weight Watchers so yes I do watch what I eat, I was on it before I became pregnant with my daughter and I started back on it a month ago. It is something that I plan to continue with because I know it works. That is more of the reason I was curious about the wrap because I do plan to maintain my exercise (Stott Pilates) along following my Weight Watchers plan.

MagicFingers
01-11-2008, 12:24 AM
By the way I said I opt not to do it and for the reasons...however that is not why I opt not to do it. I was just explaining the reasons why people shouldn't do it. Just putting hte emphasis on the fact that it isn't permanent unless you go through the ritual of following all the other guidlines for being healthy. I choose not to do it because I fully believe it is temporary and due to my gastric bypass I would putting myself at a high risk of developing complications. IE you are basically dehydrating your body, I can't afford to do that because I can't rehydrate quick enough. I have to sip water all day because I can't drink large amounts at one time. All I can say is that before you let a sales person sell you anything do your own research.

KRP
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
I was just stating the reasons why I was curious about it, not saying that it's something for everyone. Things such as the wrap and others along those lines are never a permanent result, you always have to work to maintain it. That is the same with Weight Watchers, when you reach your goal weight you can't just expect it will stay off. You have to work at maintaining your weight otherwise yes it will come back on.