PDA

View Full Version : Can Any Backyard Mechanics Help me out???

Quick Slice
01-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Is there any mechanics or "back yard" mechanics out there that are willing to come to my place and help me get my truck started?

Something just caused it to not start one day. It has gas, but the engine just won't continue turning over once you let go of the "start - (turning with the key)"

I bought a new fuel filter, thinking that it may be that, but it hasn't been installed yet.
Anyway, I am not overly knowledgable on fixing vehicles, nor do I want to have it towed to a place to be repaired as it is a lowered truck. Please PM me, so we may figure out a time and/or payment and/or possible problem it may be.

Thanks again.

Giggle Squirt
01-08-2008, 04:59 PM
I would be willing to come out and check out your truck.. Let me ask you this, What kind of engine is this and is it fuel injected or carb? Throttle body? Also has their every been any direct modifications to the engine or the electrical system itself? I would like to come and take a look to listen to it! PM me i am free tomorrow!!! Did to check to see if had spark? I have a spark tester you can borrow. Also.. I would start with the basics first.. If it is throttle body or carb, can you physically see fuel going in? If you have a timming light this can be helpful to see the spray pulses. It could also be a loose cam sensor or even somethign as simple as a loose ground connection on the battery.. But like i said pm me with the address and i will come and take a look!!!

Timbit
01-09-2008, 12:14 AM
she is good too slice!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif and yes, I said she....she's my assistant when I turn the wrenches..hehehe..I still think your timing belt jumped buddy /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Quick Slice
01-09-2008, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Man eater!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be willing to come out and check out your truck.. Let me ask you this, What kind of engine is this and is it fuel injected or carb? Throttle body? Also has their every been any direct modifications to the engine or the electrical system itself? I would like to come and take a look to listen to it! PM me i am free tomorrow!!! Did to check to see if had spark? I have a spark tester you can borrow. Also.. I would start with the basics first.. If it is throttle body or carb, can you physically see fuel going in? If you have a timming light this can be helpful to see the spray pulses. It could also be a loose cam sensor or even somethign as simple as a loose ground connection on the battery.. But like i said pm me with the address and i will come and take a look!!!
</div></div>

Thank you so much for your response, however, I honestly don't know if it's fuel injected or carb... I know it's a standard. lol 4cyl, 2.2L engine... urm... no I can't check for sparks, because I dont' really know how to.. nor do I have a checker.. like I said, I'm kinda stuck on the how to repair most things to do with an engine.. lol I'll PM you my address, thanks.

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Still looking for someone to help me.... want to try and get this solved ASAP, due to nicer weather conditions currently..

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 03:45 PM
sounds like its a ford 2.2 EFI. I have lots off experience
with these engine's if turns over and won't start these are some
things it could be..fuel pump. no spark.. out of fuel. plugged fuel filter..or more extreme. head gasket, hole in top of piston.
plugged converter..sounds like a money pit to me! i could look at it
how much money do you have?? sounds like your looking for a cheap(or free fix)..reach into your pockets and spend some money.i hate guys like you..

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 05:55 PM
wtf? you hate guys like me? Buddy you don't even know me, and yeah, anyone who's anyone will try and save a few bucks!

You don't even know what my truck looks like pal. We don't want it towed, because we don't want it damaged! Do you need to see a picture?

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
no its pink..i don;t need to see a picture
i know the truck thanks..and yes i know you
your cheap!

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 06:14 PM
The truck is not pink. And I highly doubt you know me.

Far from cheap.

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 06:22 PM
yup its pink

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 06:34 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c295/Quick_Slice7689/P8190011.jpg

Do you know me now?

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
sure looks pink to me!!

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
or should i say pinkish/purple

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Actually try green blue and purple...........but anyways.....you already knew that cause apparently you know me

fenderbass
01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
yup! what else would you like me to say.
i know you and i know the truck. sorry its a small town,
not a big city you live in. you should understand this

Quick Slice
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
you most likely know the previous owner.....

fenderbass
01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
hey that truck suits a cab driver!

Barry Morris
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
If I had a truck that looked that good, I sure wouldn't mind spending a few bucks on it.

On the other hand, if I had a truck like that, it would be parked till summer!!!

Quick Slice
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
oh it is parked
We dont mind spending the money, but it has been a money [censored] since we got it LOL

mboy67
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
it's a Ford what did you Expect lol

klinton6969
02-11-2008, 10:42 PM
can you hear a buzz from the gas tank when you turn the key on.? if not your pump is shot or maybe a wiring problem going to the pump. pm me i could take a look at it for ya...

DodgeBoy
03-13-2008, 12:50 AM
well, if it is a ford ranger, from what it sounds like the ignition module to me, like it tries to start, fires but will die as soon as you let go of the key. if this sounds correct, get one from a scrap yard, common problem.

Timbit
03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
well....looking at it has come to determine, I serioulsy think his timing belt slipped or the tensioner let go....the truck has a distributorless ignition, therefore no module as it is in the coil packs. It has spark and fuel going to it and seems that eveything else checks out...don't worry slice! we will get that thing going this summer for ya! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

macker49
03-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Check your timing belt. It sounds like that. When you turn your key on , it turns over and over and with no start quite possibly the timing belt. Would like to come over but just got out of hospital about 2 months ago having part of my foot removed. Sorry

macker49
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Now I did not know that you had a Ford Ranger, but I had one for 4 years and it was the best dam truck I have ever owned. Is it a 4 cylinder or a six cylinder. The reason that I asked this is that the 4 cylinder had problems with their timing belts. Either slipping or snapping. I do hope that this helps you. Respectfully, Larry McDonald.

Quick Slice
04-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Larry, sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while.. and yes it is a 4cylinder, so i'm guessing it probably is a timing belt issue.
Do you know how to change one? lol -- Cuz i have no idea.... I'd like to have this running before I bring it to be "certified" within the next couple of weeks....

Barry Morris
04-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Borrow a manual from the library and check out the job.

Quick Slice
04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Libraries carry vehicle manuals??

Barry Morris
04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Absolutely.

Another thing about libraries. The public library will order in a book for you if they don't have it, usually free, from ANYWHERE!!! ANY other public library that has it.

Quick Slice
04-08-2008, 10:33 PM
oh ok, cool, thanks for the info.

corn316
04-30-2008, 02:16 AM
have u gotten ur truck to start yet

Quick Slice
04-30-2008, 09:25 AM
yeah, thanks, was an ignition modual that was gone. I have the truck up for sale now.
Certified $7500 obo

namor
05-10-2008, 09:29 AM
ford never put a 2.2 in the engine compartment of any of their trucks if it is a 2.2 i would guess you have a mazda

Timbit
05-10-2008, 05:30 PM
it's a ranger...and it is for sure is the 2.3 LIMA engine that the ranger, mustang, and various other rear wheel drive small fords came with /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

corn316
05-14-2008, 01:13 AM
mazda is ford read the manufactuers sticker in the door