PDA

View Full Version : tech help

ssmarie
01-09-2008, 12:08 AM
is there anyone out there that will come to my home to repair my computer....I am having trouble with my speakers and damage to disc that the pc can't repair and other things...

binky
01-09-2008, 08:35 AM
whats happening with the speakers and what error messages are you recieving. Burn all your personal files and installers to disc right away.

ssmarie
01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
when I log onto itunes I get a message that says there is soemthing wrong with the aduo/video device ... also songs I hav d/l to my ipod have disappeared from my ipod
next message I get is windows care centre...scan disc to correct and when I click yes I get a message that says it can't be done the file is corrupt or missing ,, I have no idea what file or disc they are talking about..as you can see I am not computer savvy

ssmarie
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I got my speakers working...now i have to figure out how to get songs back to ipod

ssmarie
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
got help with ipod stuff...now I only need help to get rid of disk message

binky
01-09-2008, 02:34 PM
you have to post the exact message word for word to get help with this kinda thing

ssmarie
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
ok...here is the exact message I get....

Do you want to scan & fix Theresa's I (J:)?
There might be a problem on this device or disk. This can happen if you remove device or disk before all files have been written to.

Scan and fix (recommended) This will prevent future problems when copying to this device or disk

-----> Continue without scanning

Now, when I click on scan and fix I get this message: This disk check could not be preformed because windows can not access disk

Killswitch
01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Are you able to view the files in "My Computer" or some other way?

Ultra54
01-10-2008, 04:07 PM
I have a card reader hooked up to my system for storing passwords and what not. If I leave it plugged in and I attempt to boot it always detects that drive, in my case,I, and asks that question. Don't worry about it though.

ssmarie
01-10-2008, 05:43 PM
ty for all the help people