PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Lag???

BrAt
01-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Does anyone know why, when playing a game, one would experience lag with their mouse? It doesn't happen doing regular things on the computer like surfing etc., only when playing an online game.

Any info would help greatly.

(Oh ya, I have checked the mouse settings, installed the mouse drivers properly and changed the mouse speed on the game)

Could it be the video card?

filthy
01-09-2008, 09:50 PM
Have you checked mouse settings in control panel, in windows not the game?

BrAt
01-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeppers, checked all of the mouse settings on the computer as well as the game.

The only thing I could come up with is that it's the graphics card but I'm not really a computer person so I'm not sure if that would cause it.

filthy
01-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Try another mouse, could be the mouse. I clean mine with compressed air, not sure that that will help either. there are settings like smooth mouse, sensitivity...those could definitely affect it.

BrAt
01-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Tried another mouse already... it's definitely something else. The mouse works great for anything other than on the online game.

Oh, just read your comment about "smooth mouse". That is an option on the game settings but it's grayed out to me.

mboy67
01-09-2008, 10:36 PM
get a better computer lol

BrAt
01-10-2008, 02:27 AM
HA HA... funny.

Anyway.

The computer is 2.88Ghz, 1G RAM and runs anything I have tried just fine. It's just the mouse being slow on one game, that's it. Not being able to change the mouse to "smooth" or whatever on the game is what is leading me to believe it's the graphics card which is only a 64Mb on board.

Could that be what it is???

Refrain from smart comments such as the last please. I am trying to figure this out and would appreciate help, not frustration.

Thanks!

Ultra54
01-10-2008, 07:12 AM
I have noticed that if the graphical settings are to demanding for a video card or system that it will cause major mouse lag. Is it only within one game and what game is it? Try lowering the resolution and see if that helps.