PDA

View Full Version : Vista

SusyQ
01-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Can I reinstal windows XP on my new computer if it came with Vista home?

\m/ Rich \m/
01-11-2008, 04:02 PM
only if you've got a copy of xp

Maryms
01-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Depends .. as not all components in newer systems have XP drivers, but if they do then NP's, you will just have to know what to do and what not to do... keep the partition that the manufacturer has put the Vista install files on ... as if you ever need warranty you will need to put it back to Factory Specs before they do anything for you on the phone or otherwise.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-11-2008, 04:05 PM
yip

BrAt
01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
HA!! Not as easy to do as you may think.

Maryms
01-11-2008, 04:31 PM
It is easy if you know what your doing and if you can find drivers for the components

FOR EXAMPLE:

PPL will buy a new ethernet card or USB wireless Nic Card if there is no Drivers for the XP for the component that is on the Vista Rig.

Or

Even a Sound Card

Or

Whatever the case maybe

So basically it can/could be done if under the right conditions.

SusyQ
01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: \m/ Rich \m/</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only if you've got a copy of xp </div></div>

That I have from my old comp. Now a ? Wouldn't the drivers already be in the comp from vista and are they not campatible with XP?

Maryms
01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes they in computer now and NOPE 9/10 not compatible and once you format they will be erased anyway and if you can't find any drivers for your Nic card or Sound card Or video card your pretty much SOL and have to run Vista or buy those components that you can't find drivers for XP.

SusyQ
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Okay forget it than lol thanks Soo.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: \m/ Rich \m/</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only if you've got a copy of xp </div></div>

That I have from my old comp. Now a ? Wouldn't the drivers already be in the comp from vista and are they not campatible with XP? </div></div>

you wouldnt actually be doing an actual upgrade or downgrade... yopu would have to wipe the C: clean (removing the current vista install) and then install xp fresh.

SusyQ
01-11-2008, 05:02 PM
It sounds complicated its ok I can live with Vista I guess.

Maryms
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Vista is AWESOME i like it a lot, better then XP.

So many ppl whine cause they are not use to it yet is all.

SusyQ
01-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Well I'll play with it hopefully I'll understand it in time!

Maryms
01-11-2008, 06:24 PM
It easy .. more so then what you think.

The UAC popup thingy can be turned off.

Hans
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
It's funny that people recommend turning of a feature in Vista that XP does not have and is supposed to be an improvement over XP...

Strife
01-12-2008, 03:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's funny that people recommend turning of a feature in Vista that XP does not have and is supposed to be an improvement over XP...
</div></div>

agreed but many people dont like the annoyances of the UAC pop-up, even if it is there to help or protect them.

Hans
01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I agree 100% with that and it's the first thing I disabled when I used Vista for the first time.
But if you end up turning all the features of that are above and beyond XP, you might as well just stick with XP for now IMO.

Maryms
01-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Turning off UAC is OK to do as at times you will still need to run something as administrator.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
i enjoy vista, UAC and all.. its a bit of a pain occasionally, but only whn installing or changing a bunch of stuff at once.

hemi_69
01-13-2008, 06:40 AM
I have no problems with Vista, I like it, only reason I'm not currently running it is I need more RAM lol
Most people that don't like it just don't understand it and because a few names changed and it looks different they are over whelmed by it

General Lee
01-13-2008, 08:43 AM
i like vista but i would not run it with anything less then 2 gigs of ram

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Vista is fine, but when u have a choice to use XP or vista. I would go XP for the next year, that way u don't have to buy vista products.
plus all the drivers u'll need.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Buy Vista Products?

Many products that run on XP work in Vista, but just like any new OS there is some that won't (Due to programmers not MS) and yes you may have to upgrade some products that you maybe using now, whether it is this year or next year or 2 years from now.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Drivers ... there is plenty of driver support for Vista almost as much as XP, ppl should just buy 64-bit Vista as it has 32-bit compatibility built into it.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 12:44 PM
they have their choice.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Nah really?

I did not know that, but it should be based upon ppls knowledge of the OS and not opinions of those who have no idea about it.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 01:34 PM
why buy it now, when in a year then you'll need it, thats all.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why buy it now, when in a year then you'll need it, thats all.</div></div>

Need it, you sound like its a needful thing. It is a better OS overall then XP is and newer fresher OS with added features.

Need it, its not like smoking where it is a need, but in fact it is a upgraded OS and better for the majority of ppl.

Now for those pennies pushers out there, they will always be a nay sayer until they actually run it.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 01:39 PM
u need it for dx10 duh. why pay good money for a vcard and not have dx10 enabled.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:42 PM
You can run Vista on a DX9 card as well... DUH.

In order to have DX10 features then yes you need Vista and a DX10 card ... a better OS then XP is.

Hans
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I still have to see someone define the words "better OS". We all know the main reason why Vista is not being adopted and received well by business users...

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still have to see someone define the words "better OS". We all know the main reason why Vista is not being adopted and received well by business users...</div></div>

Well business users is not home users and can't be used in the same sentence.

Hans
01-13-2008, 01:47 PM
That is correct, but the main reason also applies to home users.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 01:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can run Vista on a DX9 card as well... DUH.

In order to have DX10 features then yes you need Vista and a DX10 card ... a better OS then XP is.

</div></div>

Pretty much what i just said.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is correct, but the main reason also applies to home users.</div></div>

Only for those who are networking, but Vista SP1 is suppose to fix many of those issues. Remember it is programmers not MS that has cause this issue to arise.

Hans
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
I was not talking about the networking part, lol.
I was talking about the productivity part. Same reason why Office 2007 is not being adapted by business users.

Hans
01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

</div></div>

Yes and no. When it comes to games, we are talking about video and sound. And we know there's an issue with directx sound under Vista.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was not talking about the networking part, lol.
I was talking about the productivity part. Same reason why Office 2007 is not being adapted by business users.

</div></div>

They get similar productivity out of Vista as they do XP, but they don't want to spend the money on a better OS is all.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

</div></div>

Yes and no. When it comes to games, we are talking about video and sound. And we know there's an issue with directx sound under Vista.</div></div>

I have no issues and neither does many others in here or elsewhere have such issues as your stating.

Hans
01-13-2008, 01:59 PM
You hit the nail on the head a bit there. And not only that, they would also have to retrain their IT department staff, and they would have to deal with the new licensing methods imposed upon them.
In the end, it can turn in to an amount of lower productivity for a while ,due to the learning curve and IT issues.
Not worth it for anyone who use their OS and related programs for business use.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 02:00 PM
This whole thread is off topic. if someone wants to make a Topic for "VISTA", then be my guest.Just saying we are way off topic again.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

</div></div>

Yes and no. When it comes to games, we are talking about video and sound. And we know there's an issue with directx sound under Vista.</div></div>

I have no issues and neither does many others in here or elsewhere have such issues as your stating.
</div></div>

Creative ALchemy is all I have to say...

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Not its not off topic as she has already finished her topic and discussion and Vista is the topic now based upon her topic.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This whole thread is off topic. if someone wants to make a Topic for "VISTA", then be my guest.Just saying we are way off topic again. </div></div>

I agree, but this is fun! lol

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Bahhhh you would agree with him, cause you don't run Vista either.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

</div></div>

</div></div>

Creative ALchemy is all I have to say...</div></div>

OHHHHHH so your blaming Vista/MS for Creatives Issue.. hmmm ?

And that Alchemy is not a solution to Creatives Issue.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

Lmao cause the componets inside don't have XP drivers and Vista is better suited for it, now go run it on a kick arse PC and then we can talk more.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only in a better perspective, but you can USE vista a better OS then XP with a DX9 card.

</div></div>

</div></div>

Creative ALchemy is all I have to say...</div></div>

OHHHHHH so your blaming Vista/MS for Creatives Issue.. hmmm ?

</div></div>

Absolutely. Microsoft changed the DirectX API in Vista, making it impossible to use hardware acceleration for audio effects.
As such, Creative has to translate all hardware acceleration calls to the AL format, as the AL format is not affected by these changes.
That's why they made a program called ALchemy.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

Lmao cause the componets inside don't have XP drivers and Vista is better suited for it, now go run it on a kick arse PC and then we can talk more.... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

Tried Vista on my current machine. While it might not be a kick top line unit, it runs XP very well. Can't say the same about Vista though...

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:06 PM
"Absolutely. Microsoft changed the DirectX API in Vista, making it impossible to use hardware acceleration for audio effects.
As such, Creative has to translate all hardware acceleration calls to the AL format, as the AL format is not affected by these changes.
That's why they made a program called ALchemy."

-----------------

AH so it Creatives problem not MS/Vistas problem to solve.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

</div></div>

Tried Vista on my current machine. While it might not be a kick top line unit, it runs XP very well. Can't say the same about Vista though...</div></div>

Well stop using the RC1 of Vista as the ... OEM/Retail runs fine on similar builds as yours.

Hans
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AH so it Creatives problem not MS/Vistas problem to solve. </div></div>

No... It's Microsoft problem for changing DirectX and removing a feature that has been there for many years.
If Microsoft decided to change the API so only DX10 cards would be able to use hardware 3D acceleration, would you blame ATI and Nvidia for it?

Hans
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

</div></div>

Tried Vista on my current machine. While it might not be a kick top line unit, it runs XP very well. Can't say the same about Vista though...</div></div>

Well stop using the RC1 of Vista as the ... OEM/Retail runs fine on similar builds as yours.

</div></div>

I am using an OEM version...

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AH so it Creatives problem not MS/Vistas problem to solve. </div></div>

No... It's Microsoft problem for changing DirectX and removing a feature that has been there for many years.
If Microsoft decided to change the API so only DX10 cards would be able to use hardware 3D acceleration, would you blame ATI and Nvidia for it?</div></div>

No it is Creatives problem for not adapting properly to Vistas new API.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

I am using an OEM version...</div></div>

Well then it is a USER issue not an OS issue.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AH so it Creatives problem not MS/Vistas problem to solve. </div></div>

If Microsoft decided to change the API so only DX10 cards would be able to use hardware 3D acceleration, would you blame ATI and Nvidia for it?</div></div>

Not it is Creatives problem for not adapting properly to Vistas new API.

</div></div>

They can't adapt to it if the hardware is out before the OS and the changes MS made. Creative is not the only one who has this issue btw.
What I am trying to point out here is that Microsoft can change the API at any given time, forcing a whole bunch of hardware out of the market and forcing users to upgrade or wait on the manufacturer to find a way around it.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

lol. Copying files under Vista from 1 hd to another is much slower then under XP. I highly doubt that's a user issue...

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Anyways, I am off to see the Wizard of Ozz.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do run Vista on a laptop. It's the only way I can use the laptop. I am not making things up, lol
</div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

</div></div>

lol. Copying files under Vista from 1 hd to another is much slower then under XP. I highly doubt that's a user issue...</div></div>

I don't have that issue as i installed the patch that is available.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyways, I am off to see the Wizard of Ozz.
</div></div>

Ok tinman .. ttyl.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:16 PM
I have all patches installed that are available from Microsoft Update site.

AmdWolfman
01-13-2008, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vista is fine, but when u have a choice to use XP or vista. I would go XP for the next year, that way u don't have to buy vista products.
plus all the drivers u'll need. </div></div>

here

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
Correct. I will upgrade once I see a need or benefit from it. Until then, I stay with what I currently use.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have all patches installed that are available from Microsoft Update site.</div></div>

Well then it is a user issue or your hardware is not 100% compatible, sorry about your luck .. go update.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct. I will upgrade once I see a need or benefit from it. Until then, I stay with what I currently use.</div></div>

LMAO you will see if you updated... lol ======= user issue.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have all patches installed that are available from Microsoft Update site.</div></div>

Well then it is a user issue or your hardware is not 100% compatible, sorry about your luck go update.

</div></div>

I am going to update soon. But the laptop behaves the same way when copying files, so I am not holding my breath.
But what is good is that I will be able to run/compare Vista and XP performance on 3 types of completely different hardware.

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soonet Member</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have all patches installed that are available from Microsoft Update site.</div></div>

Well then it is a user issue or your hardware is not 100% compatible, sorry about your luck go update.

</div></div>

I am going to update soon. But the laptop behaves the same way when copying files, so I am not holding my breath.
But what is good is that I will be able to run/compare Vista and XP performance on 3 types of completely different hardware.</div></div>

You ever see ppl here run tests as many of us have different builds and you can see the difference.

Vista is better.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Wizard of OZZ is better!

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wizard of OZZ is better!</div></div>

Well kido i can understand you liking OZ, but come on now grow into Vista will ya as many others have done so properly.

Hans
01-13-2008, 02:27 PM
You know it's bad when you have to grow into something...

Maryms
01-13-2008, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know it's bad when you have to grow into something...</div></div>

Not really it more of learning it then growing into it.

Koss
01-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Vista is too much bloat in my opinion. XP is stable and can be dressed up nicely nowadays. If I'm going to have a well built machine, I want it to run my programs, not my OS. From all I've read, DX10 can be run on XP it's just that M$ is preventing it to entice the gaming community to move to Vista somehow.

" Originally Posted By: Hans
I still have to see someone define the words "better OS". We all know the main reason why Vista is not being adopted and received well by business users...

Well business users is not home users and can't be used in the same sentence."

My laptop is for both business and personal use. The software we use from our business partners have not made the leap to Vista and they are recommending that we not move our business machines over yet either.

Andre
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
meh, the first beta version of Windows7 is supposed to be out a year from now. I'll just stick with XP for now and skip Vista entirely.
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35641/118/

Maryms
01-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah i have been reading about Vienna for sometime now and this why mnay won't move to Vista as Vienna is a updated version of Vista, so why move to Vista if you don't really really need to do so.

AmdWolfman
01-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Cool, Vista will have all there blurps will be gone , I'M waiting it out . thought all along that vista was out too early all along.