General Lee
01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
using paypal?

\m/ Rich \m/
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
no but i imagine its the same as ncix tho

filthy
01-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Paypal using a credit card is the same, but Paypal using a bank account...you can add a week or two to your order processing.

General Lee
01-12-2008, 07:27 PM
using a bank accound under a "Verifed paypal" account is just like going to canadian tire and useing your bank card Instant

filthy
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM
No it's not, I have a bank account on Paypal and it's verified. It will take 5-7 days to complete transaction. Sometimes DC will ship before payment clears...

tired-n-cranky
01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Funny, my Paypal account lets me do instant transfers, it is out of my account right away.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
my bank is same as filthy... if i do bank -> paypal -> payment, im looking at a 5-7 day processing time just for the bank to cleart it... once itsa cleared, the rest is instant

but with ncix, i just set them up as a payee and did an instant payment.. was pretty easy

General Lee
01-13-2008, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Filthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No it's not, I have a bank account on Paypal and it's verified. It will take 5-7 days to complete transaction. Sometimes DC will ship before payment clears... </div></div>

do u also have a credit card attached to it? the paypal that is

filthy
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I was almost scammed having a credit card attached to Paypal for eBay.

I too prefer email money transfers or electronic bill payment with NCIX, it's instant.

I have been using Paypal for years and have a credit card and bank account on it, and I'm verified.

If you use money from a credit card on paypal it's fairly fast, if you use money from a bank account it takes 5-7 days to clear....PERIOD. I have done this many times and Paypal is an American company so it takes time for money to transfer, possibly have the currency exchanged and be paid to client.

General Lee
01-13-2008, 11:58 AM
sorry Filthy u r wrong i use my bank account 99.9% of the time when buying on line and its instant just like Interc

General Lee
01-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Question :

What are the benefits of using my bank account to fund payments? Question

Answer :

Here are some benefits of using your bank account to fund payments:

-Payments from your bank account for qualified eBay items are covered up to $500.00 USD with PayPal Buyer Protection.

-When you pay with your bank account, you're paying instantly and securely -- without the worry of increasing debt.
Paying with your bank account is just as easy as paying with cash. <span style="color: #FF0000"><u>Your payment is made immediately, so there's no waiting for a bill to arrive in the mail.</u></span>

\m/ Rich \m/
01-13-2008, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Filthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No it's not, I have a bank account on Paypal and it's verified. It will take 5-7 days to complete transaction. Sometimes DC will ship before payment clears... </div></div>

do u also have a credit card attached to it? the paypal that is </div></div>

Yes.

If i transfer funds to my credit card from bank, it takes 2 days.

Killswitch
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
If you order from Direct Canada, use a credit card. Paypal takes too long.

Another option is order from NCIX and price match whatever it is you're buying.

tired-n-cranky
01-13-2008, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Filthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you use money from a credit card on paypal it's fairly fast, if you use money from a bank account it takes 5-7 days to clear....PERIOD. I have done this many times and Paypal is an American company so it takes time for money to transfer, possibly have the currency exchanged and be paid to client. </div></div>

Well bud, my transfers/payments are called instant trasfers, and they clear ny bank my next day at latest. Money goes instantly to destination. Probably because I have backup funding sources..

filthy
01-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Well there ya go..bud. Obviously there's a extra reason why...but Killswitch's post is the way I always go...pricematch on NCIX with instant online bank payment or use credit card with Direct Canada, Paypal is just a middle man IMO.

General Lee
01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you order from Direct Canada, use a credit card. Paypal takes too long.

Another option is order from NCIX and price match whatever it is you're buying. </div></div>

they do not offer free shipping on orders of 300 and how long is the price match take?

filthy
01-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Pricematch goes through immediately. I have used it many times and it has never slowed an order.

General Lee
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
i ll try it out thanks filthy

General Lee
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
direct canada is still cheeper as they offer free shipping over 300 bux so i ll go with them i ll just use my credit card then

Andre
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Their shippings the cheapest I've ever found. Not that you can find cheaper than free, but only $6.99 for most things.

filthy
01-14-2008, 02:17 AM
It's $9.99 for most things.

Andre
01-14-2008, 02:19 AM
who?

filthy
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Canada Computers (Toronto) has $6.99 shipping on most items.

General Lee
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Filthy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canada Computers (Toronto) has $6.99 shipping on most items. </div></div>

ya but u pay both taxes

General Lee
01-14-2008, 02:36 PM
direct canada is the cheepest so far

filthy
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Yes by far, I ordered my XFX 8800 GTS 512MB there on a Monday afternoon and had it in my hands Wednesday morning.

It was also cheaper there by $25 at the time.

DoubleXL
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I use paypal all the time, as I sell and buy. If you have a credit card attached to the account, then paypal will do an instant payment, but it still takes the money out of the bank. If the money fails to be available from the bank, than paypal then takes it from the credit card.

GirlNextDoor
01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
i use ncix for everything i order. they pricematch anything in canada, and they accept online banking payment which is a whole lot quicker to process payment than a credit card. ive had made purchases from there with both methods and the online payment is much quicker than a credit card. and ncix does offer free shipping on an entire order if certain items are in the order.

filthy
01-18-2008, 09:15 PM
ditto...plus I just got 3 new SATA calbes with locking pins for free from rewards...lol