PDA

View Full Version : adult circumcision

Giggle Squirt
01-14-2008, 01:59 AM
does anyone know the aprox cost of an adult circumcision?

hp2
01-14-2008, 08:26 AM
I do believe if it is required.. Like dr suggested in adult yrs ohip covers it!!!! as unfortantly for some older men, It is needed!!

MissMuffett
01-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Well your best bet is to wait till u talk to the urologist.. Every circumcision has a differnet price depending on what method that they use, and what numbing agents they use!! As i've informed u b4 it can vary from 1500-3000$..!! Unfortunaly it cannot be covered by ohip unless there was a medical reason and beucase there isn't than you'd have to pay out of your pocket!

Chaotic Chick
01-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Eyez is right. The price will vary, and there are some good urologists in the Sault (Dr. Jakliz is an AWESOME one who has performed all of my kidney surgeries, I highly recommend him if he does that sort of surgery). If it is medically necessary, OHIP will cover it. Otherwise, it is considered to be "cosmetic surgery". :|

MaO3
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Didn't Doctor Jakliz leave? I was pretty sure he closed his practice here and moved away.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
He is a wonderful caring compassionate doctor.

Chaotic Chick
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
OMG are you serious, Ma? Ugh, I haven't seen him in quite a while and he was the only one I trusted to do my surgeries. Plus he was pretty easy on the eyes. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif lol Guess I will have to see my family doctor and see about a new referral; I think we only had one other urologist and I was supposed to go for another CT scan in the near future!

MaO3
01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
He was my FIL' doctor and treated him with the utmost respect. My FIL has prostate cancer and Alzhiemers. Dr. J was soooo good to him, I was just amazed by his care and compassion.

My GF also saw him and she's the reason that I heard he was leaving.

I have to say the Soo lost a wonderful Doctor when he left.

Oh yeah and your right about being easy on the eyes. He was very very handsome.

KelBear
01-14-2008, 01:06 PM
He might be a good doc if your not getting a circ. My son was 3 years old and was referred to Jaklis for a circ. as the skin was closing over the head of his p e n i s and when he peed it blew up like a balloon a became iritated. Anyway while at his office for the first time Jaklis forced the skin over the head of his p e n i s and it literally tore and started bleeding, he told me that where he was from having your child circumsized was a form of torture and wouldn't do it. I told him that what he just did to my son was torture. He wanted me to continue doing this to my child 3 times a day as well as putting cream on it.. Meanwhile my son is screaming in pain!! I told him my son would not let me do that to him again. He asked me who the boss was me or my son and He told me I needed to find a man (because I was a single mom) to help me hold my son down while doing this. I told him he was nuts and left his office with traumatized son in arm.

MaO3
01-14-2008, 03:12 PM
ewwww Kelbear that sound awful. Your poor boy.

skibunnie64
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
There are two urologist in town still Mohammad (sp) and Mathur