PDA

View Full Version : weight gain during pregnancy

MissMuffett
01-14-2008, 10:45 AM
Well im 23 weeks tomorrow and i've gained only about 2 pounds.. I started off @ 157 and im in between 158-159 pounds when i weighed myself today.. however this is my second pregnancy and i guess i have extra fat from my last one! It could be due to the fact that i have an active 2 year old @ home who keeps me pretty active! Hopefully it wont affect my childs growth.. My little girl seems to be kicking and moving tons but i guess im just paranoid!! btw. i dont smoke or drink!

Chaotic Chick
01-14-2008, 11:14 AM
If your doctor is not worried about it, you shouldn't be either. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif With most of my pregnancies, I gained a LOT of weight (once I went from 120 to 240 while pregnant because of an undiagnosed thyroid disorder!) But when I was pregnant with my youngest, I actually wound up losing weight at the end of my pregnancy because I was excercising more and running after 3 other little ones at home. He came out healthy and weighed 7 pounds 2 oz. As long as your measurements are normal for your gestation, it should be okay. The doctor may have you do another ultrasound to check the baby's growth. It is unusual for a baby's growth to stop during a pregnancy; it did happen with my second baby but that was an anomoly - they called it "intrauterine growth retardation". She was still 6 pounds 2 oz at birth but is now a 15 year old who is ony 4 foot 8! (Turns out it was a growth hormone deficiency she inherited). Lots of baby kicks and movement are an indication she must be getting enough nutrients from you. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BrAt
01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't worry about it if your doctor isn't. When I was pregnant for my daughter I actually lost 13lbs. by the end of my pregnancy and she was super healthy weighing in at 7lbs 6oz. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

KelBear
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
During my last pregnancy.. I stayed the same weight for most of it.. then actually lost 2 pounds in the end and after she was born had lost a total of 15 pounds. Not once was my doc worried cause she knew the baby was growing.

Jackie B
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I gained with my first three pregnancies, but the last one, I was 156 when I got pregnant, 159 when I went into labor, had a 8lb 6oz baby, was 149 immediately after the delivery, and was 141 by the end of the week. So basically, I lost 15 pounds. As long as the baby is growing, I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, if you're not gaining weight, that means the baby is taking from your fat stores. *bonus*. LOL That's what happened to me, although I've manages to find that 15 pounds again in the year since I've had him.

bluekrissyspikes
01-15-2008, 08:27 PM
lol..i'm so jealous!

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-15-2008, 08:42 PM
I only gained about 10lbs in the first 8 months...then it shot up to an extra 60lbs in the last month /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Jackie B
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
60 pounds in a month?!?!?!?! Good grief, you poor thing. Did you stretchmark terribly?

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Not as bad as some people I've seen...actually, not too bad at all lol My boobs more than anything /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif lol

chase_me
01-16-2008, 01:11 AM
with my daughter i lost 20 lbs eyez and never gained a lb, my doc said it is normal, i was a fluffy mom too so it was all ok, i am sure that your doc would tell you if they were concerned

DogsRule
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
With my daughter, I gained 55lbs. I would wear a size 38 mens jeans (refused to dress in mat clothes haha).

I had only gained 10 lbs with her up til my last trimester, then WHAM. Mind you she was 9lbs 3 0z and she had an 11lb placenta O.o

Then I lost 90% of that weight and I got preg for my son, i only gained 30 lbs with him and he was 8lbs 3 oz, with a 4 lbs placenta.

I grow amazons haha

DogsRule
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackie B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">60 pounds in a month?!?!?!?! Good grief, you poor thing. Did you stretchmark terribly? </div></div>

I hate stretchmarks /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif