PDA

View Full Version : Antipasta

Sara
12-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I used to buy jars of this stuff at Farmer's Market but whoever the lady was that made it doesn't go anymore so I haven't gotten any for a long time. Does anyone make this stuff? It's not the sweet version that I want...my mom makes a sweet kind of antipasta with ketchup in it. The one I want doesn't. It's like, oil and vinegar and spices or something.

Carrots, olives, cauliflower, mushrooms and the liquid...that kind of thing. If anyone knows how to make it, or knows the lady that I would've been buying it from, please please please let me know!

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

kitca
12-04-2005, 03:37 PM
i am desperatly looking for the recipe for antipasto from the companys coming ourdeurves (sp?) cookbook.

sara, i think its the sweet one, it has ketchup anyway.

i cant find my recipe book, and online there are so many recipes, i want to make sure i have jean pare's recipe - it is THE BEST.

sara, i know one person from the farmers market, i will ask her if she knows who was selling it for you.

but if anone has that book and could write me out the recipe i would be eternally gratefull.

Sara
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Do you want my mom's recipe for the antipasta, kitca? Like I said, she makes the sweet one, and it's good...I just prefer the vinegar/oil kind. I can post her recipe though if you want.

kitca
12-04-2005, 09:14 PM
yes, could you. i have looked through tons of them on the web. i have made it several times over the years, so i have a vague memory of it. so when i look at some recipes i know that it wasnt that because of some of the ingredients.

does your mom remember where she got her recipe from?

you may find a recipe for the oil vinegar kind you want by googling "recipe antipasto" i found tons.

thanks.

ssmarie
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
You will find the lady you are looking for at the Wellington Square mall on Wednesdays and she is at a new place on Saturdays...she lives in the east end and I will try to get her name and phone number for you

ssmarie
12-04-2005, 09:19 PM
her name is Susan Wilding
779-2586
susan.wilding@tubbybears.net

mrsdigg
12-11-2005, 05:38 PM
Here is the antipasto recipe from the Company's Coming Preserves cookbook. Hopefully this is the one you are looking for.

Antipasto
<ul> 2 cups Cauliflower florets
2 cups Small white pearl onions, peeled and coursely chopped
1 Green Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup Sliced celery
1 cup Grated carrot
1 cup Ripe olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 cup Broken or cut green pimiento stuffed olives
1 tsp Table salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
2 tbsp Mixed pickling spice, tied in double layer of cheesecloth
5 1/2 oz Canned tomato paste
1 cup White vinegar
1/2 cup Cooking oil
1/4 cup Water
10 oz Canned sliced mushrooms, drained
14 oz Canned cut green beans, drained
7 oz Canned flaked tuna, drained[/list]
Place first 11 ingredients in large pot.
In small bowl mix tomato paste, vinegar, cooking oil and water. Pour over vegetables in pot. Heat on medium, stirring often, until in comes to a boil. Boil gently for 45 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. Add a bit more water if needed to keep from burning.

Add mushrooms, green beans and tuna. Mix. Return to a boil for 1 minute. Discard spice bag. Fill freezer containers, leaving 1 inch head space. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Freeze. Makes 4 half pints.

Note: 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh green beans may be substituted.