PDA

View Full Version : Sweet new "FREE!" World Of Warcraft clone..Better?

Boondock
01-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey all I found this game called "PerfectWorld" its a free MMORPG from a company called Cubizone. I was gonna post about it earlier but I wanted to make sure it was a solid game before I recommended it. I've made it to level 54 and I gotta say I'm really impressed!

The graphics beat World Of Warcraft easily yet and it's not too taxing on your PC. I have a P4 3.0Ghz 1 gig Ram and a AGP 7900GS and I get great frame rates with it maxed out and it looks sexy. You get some pretty cool character classes
"Elf Archer" <- Have wings and can fly around from level 1
"Elf Preist" <- Ditto

"Human Warrior" <- Great AOE attacks and Tanks
"Human Mage" <- Highest Damage in the game....Humans Fly around on a sweet assed Flying sword after level 30

"WereFox" <- Use Pets...kinda like a Hunter in WOW but uses magic instead of bows
"WereBeast" <- The real tanks in the game. you can pick from being a Huge Wolf/Tiger or a Panda Bear. They turn into Tigers to run faster and do the Tanking in the Dungeons. The look the coolest out of any MMORPG I've played

On my way to level 54 I've gathered some positives and negatives about the game.

<u>Positive</u>
-Graphics are prolly the best out there for a MMO and I've played tons of them
-The game is user friendly making the learning curve a breeze.
-Theres almost No Grinding! Theres always a quest to do for XP.
-Everyone can Fly after level 30 and it doesn't require farming gold for days to get a ride...they're actually pretty cheap.
-Battle in the Air Land and Sea.
-Economy is stable..no paying out your [censored] for everything.
-Great auction house and player shops
-Max Level 110
-Territory Wars where guilds battle for land ownership is awesome
-Down the road you can own a house and land
-Sweet dungeons and bosses
-Not much lag except in some citys
-Fairly easy to make money just off drops from questing
-The most amazing character creation system you've ever seen in any GAME to date. You can literally customize every single part of yourself. Noone looks the same.
-Theres a quest search tool in the game so you don't have to wander around like an idiot looking for something to do. It gives you the coords and name of people with quests for you at your level which refreshes every level. And its easy to mark things on a map and get an arrow directing you exactly where to go to find that person or coord for whatever it is that you've marked.
-Tons of PVP actually after level 30 you can be killed by anyone at anytime but it doesn't actually happen because theres nothing to gain except them and buddies coming for payback and getting your guild some enemies real quick which none of the guild leaders appreciate. The only time killing some random person is beneficial is if theyre name is red which means they've been going around attacking players for no reason. The red name thing lasts a couple hours and when its on they can drop anything from theyre inventory if theyre killed so rest assured player killers suffer in the end. Also you can't be attacked in towns. I love this system because random killings don't happen and if someone really gets on your nerves or you see a botter you can kill them and not have to complain to a GM.
-Lastly it's FREE! no Credit Card needed no nothing just download.

<u>Negatives</u>
-The map is smaller then WoW's but its crammed with content which I'd rather have anyway,
-The game is based in malaysia but this is the english version so there are bound to be some who speak some crappy english but that's easily fixed with an english guild for which there are many. All the top guilds speak english only. mabye 10% of the game doesn't speak any english at all but who cares about them they don't get in with the good guilds.
-Because the game is free they gotta make revenue some how so they have an "Item Shop" where they sell in game items for real money. Normally I hate games like this cause the items you get from there are much better then the ones you get by not paying but in this game it's not at all like that. There are no weapons or armor or anything else to make your character more powerful then the rest just things to customize yourself a little more. like stupid pants to go over your armour with no stats or dresses for girls...things like that. frankly everything in item shop is crappy in my opinion except the XP scrolls which are cheap as hell buying from other players using in game gold. on a personal note I haven't given one dollar to this company and I'm doing as good as buddies who have paid for things...because I buy them with in game gold. Regardless its the way they make money so mabye throwing them a few bucks one day wouldn't kill me. But meh I'm cheap lol.
END RANT

I've played many other MMO's including World Of Warcraft, Everquest 2,Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, FLYFF, Silkroad, and I've done well with all of them and This one is my favorite.... I just can't believe its free.

Anyway heres the site also the screenshots there don't do it justice at all. I'm on the server "Delphi" and theres a great player base there. If ya join gimme a shout and I'll help ya out in anyway I can. Sorry this went so long Just figured a bunch of info would be better so you would know if its worth the time in downloading to try this thing out. Enjoy you won't be disappointed.

http://www.perfectworld.com.my/index.asp

Maryms
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Awesome about time some place makes a freebie of such a game.

OfFsEt
01-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Just finished downloading the game, updating right now will let you know what I think of it.

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I'll be playing wow and gladly giving them 30 bucks a month for the two accounts thankyou..lol.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
did you try this, ultra?

my main premise for not playing WoW is that i refuses to pay to play. Also im not really a fan of this genre of game, but i think i may give it a try.

Boondock
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll be playing wow and gladly giving them 30 bucks a month for the two accounts thankyou..lol. </div></div>

Yeah you keep laughing and I'll laugh back for you for paying for a game that's no better. Try it before giving the smarky attitude.

Chakra
01-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Nice find. Downloading the client now to give it a try.

Maryms
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Awesome game

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 09:39 PM
My main premise for playing WoW is that after playing for over 2 years myself and 9 million others are pleased to pay for a mind boggling amount of content. I don't believe I laughed at your game so I don't follow what you were getting at. Enjoy your free game and I will enjoy my pay per use game and be glad I have it. Also, lets leave it alone for now and revisit this subject in 3 years and let me know your opinion of the game and how it is coming along at that time and if it is better than what Blizzard can do you will no doubt be still playing it, hard no less.
Rich, I respect your opinion as always and I recommend that you don't sell out and try this game because it is free. Don't play it because you aren't into that type of game, which is easily understandable. If you find that you do get into this game I would recommend a free 10 day trial of WOW. If you can drop the game after the 10 days and stay away from it then for sure, it isn't your cup of tea.

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 09:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try it before giving the smarky attitude.
</div></div>
Why you gotta be like dat?

Maryms
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try it before giving the smarky attitude.
</div></div>
Why you gotta be like dat? </div></div>

He thinks you smirked the game and that you have never tried it to see what it is really like.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My main premise for playing WoW is that after playing for over 2 years myself and 9 million others are pleased to pay for a mind boggling amount of content. I don't believe I laughed at your game so I don't follow what you were getting at. Enjoy your free game and I will enjoy my pay per use game and be glad I have it. Also, lets leave it alone for now and revisit this subject in 3 years and let me know your opinion of the game and how it is coming along at that time and if it is better than what Blizzard can do you will no doubt be still playing it, hard no less.
Rich, I respect your opinion as always and I recommend that you don't sell out and try this game because it is free. Don't play it because you aren't into that type of game, which is easily understandable. If you find that you do get into this game I would recommend a free 10 day trial of WOW. If you can drop the game after the 10 days and stay away from it then for sure, it isn't your cup of tea.
</div></div>

"Here, do crack for 10 days, then just walk away" LOL!
I did download the client for this freebie game and im gonna try it out, even if i do get it inot it for a few days, i doubt my interest will last long, but we'll see.

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He thinks you smirked the game </div></div>
He thinks wrong. As I would be wrong to think anyone smirked a game for the simple fact they don't choose to pay for it.

Boondock
01-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Eh it was just the way you suddenly jumped in there to throw in your 2 cents which I read as "haha I don't need your crappy free game, I'm a WoW fanboy". But whatever man right or wrong about it who cares. If your happy with paying for a game you allready own every month then giver down.

Anyway.. How are people liking the game? I tell ya I spent like 3 hours just making my dude, the way you can customize every little feature was cool as hell to me.

KelBear
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I downloaded this game for my son.. cause he likes WOW. To open it do I need a special program.. if so what do you recommend?

Boondock
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM
I can't remember how the file gets downloaded. If the file is a .rar use winrar then install. If its a .exe just double click and install.

KelBear
01-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I figured it out.. its a torrent file..

Boondock
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Also if you don't want to download it using torrents you can always use this link and get some very decent speeds.

http://files.filefront.com/Perfect+World+v126+English+Client/;8668331;/file

Ultra54
01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was just the way you suddenly jumped in there to throw in your 2 cents </div></div>
I will remember that for next time and give some sort of pre warning that I might dare have a 2 cent response within this forum. Not much feed back yet though, I'm curious.

Boondock
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
It wasn't even 2 cents..You came into this thread just to say you would be sticking to WoW without even trying this game then ya gave the little "lol" what was the point of the post? In no way did it relate to this game. If your that deeply in love with Wow then go play it and quit complaining in this thread about the fact I didn't like your attitude. I allready tried to drop it but you keep on going.If you don't wanna talk about the game then stay the hell outta the thread.

Chako
01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Well I downloaded it, and frankly, not sure what to think of it.

The English is so bad that it is preventing me from even caring about the quests. Because I am disassociated and can't get into the game, it has left me strangely wanting. That and the very stale game play of "get 20 of X" and "run for a few minutes to get to point B" gives me a severe case of boredom.

I did stick with it long enough to get a lvl 11 fox character, and a lvl 3 mage.

Sorry folks, I know itís free, but it sure doesn't beat guild wars. I don't play MMORPGs much, and certain will never pay to play...so mayhap this sort of game isn't my cup of tea.

Boondock
01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
The game is currently in open beta and they're still working on tweaking the translation from Chinese to English which is how the game was originally released. The game was handed over to them from the Chinese developer with pretty bad translation so they're redoing it themselves before final release but it takes time.

As far as the quests being lame I hear ya but they're absolutely no different from any other MMO they all come in the "kill this boss" "gather xx of this" "find this" "go here" variety and I haven't seen an MMO yet that changes that formula. Also your level is still low and you haven't received your dungeon quests where you party with people. You get your first one at level 19 and theres a new dungeon every 10 levels and you get great gear in all of them.

I own Guild Wars and I just don't think better then this game in any way other then henchmen which I thought was a neat idea and the pvp. I guess the point of this rant is that the fun stuff like territory wars and dungeon raids come later on in the game. Mabye you judged it too early, but different pokes for different folks.

Ultra54
01-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Your title has the name of Wow in it. I don't recall any specific instructions as to how you wish to have people respond. I'm sorry you find displeasure in my response. I also don't care to have you spit in my face either.

Chako
01-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Guild Wars is in a different league then this game ever will be. It is engaging, understandable, and compelling. This game still seems like there was nobody working on the translation. Not to mention, there are serious lacks of direction on certain quests that prevent progression unless you ask for help from others around you.

Not complaining much, as itís free. But telling me that I have to stick it out till I get up to level 20 is hilarious though. I got bored killing 20 of this and 20 of that. There is no pleasure in doing repetitive tasks..and if this is what this type of game is all about, then you are correct, I will stick to FPS, RTS, and good RPGs.

Hans
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I now strangely enough prefer Eve online.

Ultra54
01-23-2008, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eve online. </div></div>
A great game for sure. I played it for a while.

Chrylon
02-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I just registered my account.. I'll download the game once my mobo arrives.

BrAt
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Wonder if their Customer Service Dept. is as crappy as WOW's.

Maryms
02-09-2008, 03:50 PM
So how is this game so far ppl?

Ultra54
02-09-2008, 10:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder if their Customer Service Dept. is as crappy as WOW's </div></div>
Prove what you say with an explanation.

JohnnyCash
03-10-2008, 11:18 AM
WOW RULES /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/2117099ftSLo.png