PDA

View Full Version : Rockband

Geoff7983
01-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I just picked it up today for the 360 and I love it.... I'm thinking about quiting my job and going on tour...

\m/ Rich \m/
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
hahaha nice.

i downloaded it for ps2 and zipped through the guitar career on expert quite easily. im interested in trying out the other parts, but i was pretty bummed out about how easy the guitar career is.

filthy
01-16-2008, 05:31 PM
It would have been better with the proper guitar, which has 5 more buttons.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-16-2008, 06:44 PM
not really. they're the same buttons, but you have the option to use them during "solo sections". I also imagine they'd be used for the "bass groove" section on the bass parts.

slightly more fun, but would it have the changed the fact that the songs and charts are garbage? nah, not really.

filthy
01-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Well you didn't mention that part...lol.

I like guitar hero for fun factor, can pick it up and put it down after a few songs or a few hours, for me it's very relaxing....

mercifulpenguin
01-16-2008, 08:47 PM
ya it's way better to play with other people, i have two guitars for guitar hero, and you can use the headset as a mic, so i was missing drums, but we still had a blast. But solo, especially solo guitar, is super boring and ridiculously easy. I might pick up the drums by themselves so i can try it out, supposed to be the best part

\m/ Rich \m/
01-16-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah thats what im hearing too... vocals could be fun, but with a few drinks could easily become a disaster, lol.

from what i know, the drum peripheral wont be sold individually for a few months. but it'll definitely be something im interested in.

still a crappy setlist though. On the other hand, its gotta be a lot harder to pick songs that are somewhat equal for all parts.

mercifulpenguin
01-16-2008, 10:20 PM
ya, i think i read that
the drums will be out in march

hemi_69
01-17-2008, 09:19 AM
The drums a quite a bit harder than the guitar, But fun as hell

Kinger
01-17-2008, 11:05 AM
What I'm super glad about is just how fun this game is, when i play i ahve a great time, every time.

hemi_69
01-17-2008, 03:06 PM
absolutly, It's super fun alone or with a group. and when playing the drums I find you get into it pretty good lol

Geoff7983
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I think the set lst is awesome... to each there own I guess...

hp2
01-17-2008, 05:31 PM
well yous can call me a simpleton... and yes I have guitar playing under my belt... I tryed this game at my bros last week.. and I tell you it was a hoot.. LET alone hard.. I told my brother might not be bad if I had some alchol in me.. but def a great game and nice family design.. and the guitar he had for his rock band came with it .. and it had 5 buttons on top.. orange. blue green yellow and red. and then again the same 5 buttons on the bottom. and whammy bar...

that games awsome.. cant wait to try it again!!!

B.David
01-18-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah, picked up the new OXM magazine tonight that has 3 exclusive songs for Rock Band, and also got the rest of the DLC I was missing. Over 100 songs now, love it!

mercifulpenguin
01-18-2008, 01:25 AM
what songs come on the OXM mag?

\m/ Rich \m/
01-18-2008, 02:06 AM
the DLC really looks like it's got some potential,a nd thats where my interest would lay, but im not a console gamer, and the ps2 is incredibly lacking.

General Lee
01-18-2008, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, picked up the new OXM magazine tonight that has 3 exclusive songs for Rock Band, and also got the rest of the DLC I was missing. Over 100 songs now, love it! </div></div>

sign up online for the OXM its way cheeper u get a year for like 40 bux i am waiting for my first mag to come in i hope i get feb. if not i ll be pissed

B.David
01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mercifulpenguin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what songs come on the OXM mag?</div></div>

# "Sprøde" by Freezepop
# "Rock Rebellion" by Bang Camaro
# "Shake" by Count Zero

milyka
01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Speaking of Rockband.....My husband and kids are playing it right now. LOL It is an excellent family game as well as getting friends together to play. I am definitely impressed with it. Hey i am even giving it a shot. LOL I am sooo not good at it. No hand eye coordination what so ever. LOL But good fun!!! As for the songs, at first we did not have many but my husband got some awesome ones last night. Metallica, The Police etc. Anyway just want to give my opinion. Fun Fun Fun.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-19-2008, 05:55 PM
well, i finally got the chance to play the game with the extra peripherals. Drums are insanely fun. i dont like the feel of the guitar, but im sure thats something you can get used to.

Did i mention i was up until 10am playing the drums?

hemi_69
01-19-2008, 09:32 PM
The Drums are excellent after you get use to them, I like the guitar better actually once I got use to it and went back to the GH guitar I noticed the RockBand one more comfortable and the fact that it doesnt "Click" is excellent

B.David
01-20-2008, 12:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, picked up the new OXM magazine tonight that has 3 exclusive songs for Rock Band, and also got the rest of the DLC I was missing. Over 100 songs now, love it! </div></div>

sign up online for the OXM its way cheeper u get a year for like 40 bux i am waiting for my first mag to come in i hope i get feb. if not i ll be pissed</div></div>

Very true, except that I really don't like the magazine and would only ever get it when they add in songs. I made my money back for the mag anyways... lent the disc to two friends for $5 each.

milyka
01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Can you explain the magazine that you are talking about. Please....how do i get more songs????

General Lee
01-20-2008, 01:27 PM
OFFICIAL XBOX MAG they are like 11.99

General Lee
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
http://www.oxmonline.com/

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-23-2008, 07:52 AM
I played Guitar Hero 3...it's the most retarded game I've ever played /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

And it's not because I sucked because I actually did pretty good /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif It's just not my idea of a good game lol Others seem to enjoy it and it's ok to watch...just stupid to play lol

DeleteAccout
01-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I have both Rock Band, and Guitar Hero 3. I personally prefer Rock Band, not only because of the Drums, but because of the setlist. Im right onto most of that kinda music. Coheed And Cambria, Crooked X, Bon Jovi, The Police, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Red Hot Chili Peppers .... come on ... PIMPIN!!!

mercifulpenguin
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
fall out boy's song on the game LICKS HARD, and i dont mind fall out boy so much, but it's a weak song
the drums are coming out soon by themselves, ill prolly pick them up cuz as of now rock band is pretty easy/boring

V Code
01-27-2008, 02:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: \m/ Rich \m/</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hahaha nice.

i downloaded it for ps2 and zipped through the guitar career on expert quite easily. im interested in trying out the other parts, but i was pretty bummed out about how easy the guitar career is. </div></div>

so you stole the game by downloading it on the internet?

\m/ Rich \m/
01-27-2008, 05:09 AM
let's just go with "Trial", as i dont have any of the peripherals which make for full immersion into the game's experience.

DeleteAccout
01-27-2008, 01:17 PM
There ya go /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif :P