PDA

View Full Version : FOUND KITTEN TODAY!!

DarC
01-17-2008, 09:37 AM
I have found a kitten
albert-tancred- abbott-area
pretty kitten
if you have lost a kitten today
is now at humane society

kitca
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
poor kitty, out there in the freezing cold. im so glad you took her in and took her to the shelter, i hope her owners find her, or esle she finds a wonderful home.

lmags
01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
You might as well have killed the kitten yourself because you just brought it to it's murderer. I made the same mistake.

AmdWolfman
01-21-2008, 02:29 PM
crap, u know if i knew this earlier i might've taken him/her in. Now if anyone want the kitten they will have to pay the HS, you should have kept her / him for awhile and advertised for the kitten....NOW IT WILL BE PUT TO DEATH. some little kids pet is dead. sad. why couldn't you have kept it for awhile.

AmdWolfman
01-21-2008, 02:33 PM
kitten has 3 days to liveand that will be in a dark cold room in a small cage, do me a favour and phone the HS and tell them who u are and was the one to bring in a kitten. you'll see it's 70 bux to get him out.and if u did do that you'll see whats going to happen to it. it's got 3 dayys to live.

Sophie's_Mommy
01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
sad. poor kitten, but sometimes the person who finds these poor pets can t take them in for many reasons.

just to note, i dont know the person who found the kitten so im not defending them, but i know its hard to take in a pet in some situations.

orchid
01-21-2008, 07:34 PM
what is wrong with you people...do you know for a fact that this kitten has been or will be put down? just in case you are wondering, the shelter keeps strays for 4 days to give the owners a chance to claim it, if they have sense to report it missing in the first place, and then as long as it isn't deathly ill or psychotic it will go up for adoption. i have claimed my cat from the HS in the past, and have talked to the staff about what happens with animals that come in there. it sucks that it costs money to get them back, but i am now more careful about coming and going to make sure he doesn't get out again. i'm just thankful that he was found and turned in rather than being outside where he would have been vulnerable to getting run over or attacked or something else. and as for being in a dark cold room in a small cage, i found that the holding area for stray cats was quite warm and well lit. the cage may not have been overly spacious but the cats have plenty of room to move around. they even get blankets and toys, and of course food and water. when i claimed my cat i even saw one of the staff giving treats to the cats. its not a deluxe boarding kennel, but it isn't a shoe box in a musty basement or anything either, and its certainly better than being outside in this weather. despite what most people seem to think about the shelter, these people truly care about the animals they are sheltering. as for the fees they charge, it may suck to have to pay, but those fees help feed the animals there and provide vaccinations, deworming medicine and emergency medical care to the animals... not to mention emergency services for animals that have been hit by cars, cruelty investigations, and their spay/neuter program. true, not all animals that go in leave with a new home to go to, but i doubt that they put them down for no reason...i doubt that they get a kick out of having to euthanize animals. sometimes its just the sad reality of that animals circumstance. would you want to adopt an animal that was very ill? or one that you were affraid of because it was aggressive? its not like we have a whole bunch of rescue organizations around here. anyway, i think people really need to think before they go bashing an organization that is in place to offer assistance to animals that would otherwise be on their own. just my opinion.

lmags
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Keeps strays for 4 days? Like hell they do!!!

orchid
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
wanna put your money where your mouth is?

orchid
01-21-2008, 08:16 PM
when i claimed my cat the blue kennel card on his cage had the date he would have become available for adoption, and it was 4 days after he was dropped off there... i asked what the dates meant and it was explained to me. on a different occasion i brought in a stray cat and asked how long they would keep it, i was told 4 days so the owner had a chance to claim it, i went back 5 days later and sure enough the cat i brought in was in the adoption room. i called 2 days after that and it was still there. finally after about 8 or 9 days someone had adopted him. that was about 2 years ago.

AmdWolfman
01-22-2008, 09:20 AM
they gave Norman 3 days, after the the 3rd day i got a call saying he will be killed in an hour if i don't come up with 70 bux. luckily i had it. they gave him 3 days in the stray room. 3 Days, doesn't matter how old they are they still kill them. dog or cat/kitten.

BrAt
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Not true.

AmdWolfman
01-22-2008, 10:53 AM
phone them and ask them how long they keep their strays for then, i'm not lieing, no need to I been thru it already.

AmdWolfman
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
good news is that they are going to put the little critter up for adoption. lady says it's a nice kitten and they will put it up for adoption. I was going to get in it with her but i bit my tongue about what if a kitten came in and wasn't attractive enuff to adopt. so long long storey short he's being put in the adoption room. so good for him, hope he find a nice family and make a boy or girl very happy.,,,and yes it is 4 days.. they called me on the third though i know that for a fact. but good for the little guy.

Simba
01-22-2008, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wanna put your money where your mouth is? </div></div>

Same thing happened to me too and a friend of mine, so ya it's true.

orchid
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
ok then...