PDA

View Full Version : Firefox

LadyNina
01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between IE7 and Firefox. I just got firefox, and it seems practically the same. Is it safer for viruses? I added it because I had a problem on facebook, and it fixed the problem. But, I was wondering if it's safe or recommended by others?

PS: please don't laugh if it's a lame question lol. I'm kinda "old school" when it comes to computers!

Andre
01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I've never used IE except for windows updates. I started with Netscape way back when and then switched to Firebird, later Firefox. I recommend it to everyone.
If you take the time to learn about Firefox Add-ons I doubt you'll ever go back to IE.

AmdWolfman
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I have been using Firefox for a long time now, like Andre says he has never had a problem. It's also got google in the top right corner. It also stops pop-ups. I never get anymore. but yea play around if u like to.

Andre
01-19-2008, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's also got google in the top right corner. </div></div>
You can add to that. I've got all the things I use a lot in there. Wikpedia, dictionary, IMDb, ebay etc...

Killswitch
01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andre</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's also got google in the top right corner. </div></div>
You can add to that. I've got all the things I use a lot in there. Wikpedia, dictionary, IMDb, ebay etc... </div></div>

IE7 has the same thing. However, Firefox is supposed to be more secure. I find web pages load faster in Firefox too.

binky
01-19-2008, 03:39 PM
the thing about firefox and opera is that unlike IE it is a separate program and isnt tied to windows to the extent IE is. So every vulnerability that any microsoft program has is accessable thru IE. Having said that I havnt really bothered using anything but IE for some time now with vista and ie 7 been te3sting it out to the limited extent of my knowlege and havn't been trapped by spyware, or even a questionable cookie so far.Firefox is great but my favorite in the other than IE browseers is Opera though it still lacks one video playing function that I cant remember right now.and find it quicker than FF.