PDA

View Full Version : Multi Monitor help

GirlNextDoor
01-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Im using windows vista with an x1650 pro and 2 monitors. what i would like is my taskbar in the bottom to strech out to my second monitor to the left of me. ive tried multimon but i didnt get the results i was looking for. anyone know of some software than can almost work as a clone but not.(i can clone my main monitor but thats not what i want.)

Strife
01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I use a program called UltraMon. Its a cool program and it allows you to either clone your main monitor display or just add a taskbar to the second monitor. It also allows you to add a separate wallpaper to that second monitor. Not sure if there is a Vista release though

GirlNextDoor
01-20-2008, 09:34 AM
i tried that one last night, but wasnt cooperating with vista. ultimatly what i was looking was a way to span my desktop so i could play a game on 1 monitor and the rest of my tasks run on the other monitor without the game minimizing on me.

\m/ Rich \m/
01-20-2008, 02:14 PM
i dont think you'll be able to do that..

once you try and access one of your other tasks, game will minimize. unless im not understanding what you're trying to do properly.

GirlNextDoor
01-20-2008, 04:30 PM
ya you nailed it right on.stupid windows.

hemi_69
01-20-2008, 05:17 PM
nope I've tried and tried, but if some how you miraculously find a way, please share lol

Barry Morris
01-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm using three monitors with XP, but I've never seen a way to expand the taskbar.
Who needs it??

Strife
01-20-2008, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Object X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i tried that one last night, but wasnt cooperating with vista. ultimatly what i was looking was a way to span my desktop so i could play a game on 1 monitor and the rest of my tasks run on the other monitor without the game minimizing on me. </div></div>

Are you sure you tried UltraMon? Reason for asking is because I seen in your first post you tried Multimon and wasnt sure if you got the names mixed up.

As for having games running on one screen and other running apps on another, you can do it but as mentioned before, the game will minimize. I dont think there is a way around that

hemi_69
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
i've tried both and currently running UltraMon, it still minimizes the game though as soon as I click another app

DoubleXL
01-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't see the purpose of playing a game and accessing the other screen. Maybe seeing whats on it yeah...lets say you are playing a first person shooter, and you go to shoot, and your mouse flies off onto the other screen. Doesn't sound too fun.