PDA

View Full Version : We're gittin"er

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Its starting to pile up and getting nasty out there.

Maryms
01-20-2008, 08:29 PM
[censored] again?

We have been piled on many times before and we lasted it out NP's, we are CANADIANS the braves of the North!

Maryms
01-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Updated weather network on my taskbar just updated to SSM, SnowSquall Warning.

Temp -14C, light flurries right now and -17C overnight with 60% flurries.

Maryms
01-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Updated weather network on my taskbar just updated to Goulais River, SnowSquall Warning.

So both places going to get her soon.

Just to note Batchawana Bay has not been updated to a snowsquall warning yet.

01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
GLOBAL WARMING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GreenBay has a 3rd lowest temperature in game history!

Maryms
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Updated weather network on my taskbar just updated to Batchawana Bay, SnowSquall Warning.

So it is moving on in this way ppl, brace for it.

Tutones
01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you kidding? Moving our way? It's been here for well over and hour and a half. Couldn't see to the end of our van on the way to the funeral home at 7:30! it's brutal out there, the roads are glare ice and visibility is only a distant memory.

italiandomino
01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Can we really blame this on Global warming ?? it sure hell isn't that warm outside dammit

Maryms
01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who?Me?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you kidding? Moving our way? It's been here for well over and hour and a half. Couldn't see to the end of our van on the way to the funeral home at 7:30! it's brutal out there, the roads are glare ice and visibility is only a distant memory.</div></div>

Moving our way SnowSqualls are, what you see now is just snow blowing.

Maryms
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ItalianDomino</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can we really blame this on Global warming ?? it sure hell isn't that warm outside dammit</div></div>

Yeah i agree ... what planet is he from? ... lmao

hp2
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
I just came from my brothers out airport road area and ITS brutal.. but I tell ya alot better there then here on east hiway... ITS nasty

I THINK WE ARE IN FOR ANOTHER SNOW DAY FOR THE BUS kids in the morning!! woohoo

Maryms
01-20-2008, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just came from my brothers out airport road area and ITS brutal.. but I tell ya alot better there then here on east hiway... ITS nasty

I THINK WE ARE IN FOR ANOTHER SNOW DAY FOR THE BUS kids in the morning!! woohoo </div></div>

Ah dang it that means i gotta drive him again.... LMAO

Tutones
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
You could always just keep him home. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I hope it's not a 'snow day' tomorrow...it's too close to exams for the high schools.

Maryms
01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who?Me?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could always just keep him home. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif</div></div>

He loves School and i gotta go out.

Babzz
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
all the kids in the soo are praying for another snow day..lol

Chaotic Chick
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
It started snowing just after hubby shovelled the driveway... he shook his head and said some bad words. lol

Ultra54
01-20-2008, 11:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all the kids in the soo are praying for another snow day..lol
</div></div>
What snow day? My kid went to school last Friday. He's praying for one tomorrow.

terr994
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Mine too....what time do they usally let people know that it is a snow day? Mine went on Friday as well but never did no work cause not too many kids in class.

Giggle Squirt
01-20-2008, 11:56 PM
I told my son he could stay home on friday but he started crying and wanted to go to school.. I told him tonight that they might close the schools tomorrow if it is to bad out and he got upset again.. he loves school... (he is 4)

rmkryan
01-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Awww.... I love that kid. It's a good thing he likes school!

J*B
01-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Nother 20 cm. last night around here and it's still coming!

Simba
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I doubt it.

J*B
01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
You doubt what?, I just spent 1 1/2 hours snowblowing it.
Definitely in the snow belt where I am, 20cm. or 8" is nothing when it's dumping hard.

SusyQ
01-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Another snowsquall warning for today. Anyone one who doesn't have the weather button on their desktop should get it it's pretty informative. Turns red when there is a storm coming.

t1000
01-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Your weather button is broke http://www.shieldsweather.com/SW/index.php

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:38 AM
We are still under a snowsquall warning according to the weather networks PC taskbar update. Which in fact is correct as have you been up north yet?

Temp now is -15C partly cloudy and in the afternoon -9C variable clouds.

J*B
01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
It's suppose to clear for a while and then start snowing again tonight.

t1000
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are still under a snowsquall warning according to the weather networks PC taskbar update. Which in fact is correct as have you been up north yet?

Temp now is -15C partly cloudy and in the afternoon -9C variable clouds. </div></div>hudson bay?

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Really?.. lol

Well i heard it is very cold up there.

-----------------------

Also for the Sault Tonight and Tuesday Morning ..

Tonight maybe snow and overnight possible more snow.

Tuesday morning 60% of flurries.

SusyQ
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [censored</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> warrior]Your weather button is broke http://www.shieldsweather.com/SW/index.php </div></div>

Like hell it is:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=alerts&region=wwcaon0056&ref=wxeyealerts

Simba
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You doubt what?, I just spent 1 1/2 hours snowblowing it.
Definitely in the snow belt where I am, 20cm. or 8" is nothing when it's dumping hard. </div></div>

I don't doubt we got lots yesterday and last night. We spend lots of time shovelling.
I just doubt that we will get this big storm today is all.

According to Sooday weather all warnings have ended.

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Not according to the weather networks advisory.

Simba
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
I wish they would make up their mind!! LOL!

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish they would make up their mind!! LOL!</div></div>

Weather does that to ppl ya know.... lol

SusyQ
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
My weather button is always right. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Simba
Ah well, I'll just wait and see and have my handy dandy shovel ready!

Maryms
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My weather button is always right. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif</div></div>

Can i poke your button some day? ... lmao

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah well, I'll just wait and see and have my handy dandy shovel ready!</div></div>

Get out there now and do your Mans Job .. will ya woman .... lmao

SusyQ
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Maybe on a clear humid day we'll see. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

t1000
weather link war http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/non_e.html /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Maryms
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe on a clear humid day we'll see. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif
</div></div>

Oh .. sounds so sexy and hot .. lol

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on35

Better just to click on that link.

lynys
01-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Am I the only one that read that warning?

It said snowsqualls have moved north out of the area. ???

SusyQ
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sunflower.gif

Simba
I don't know what to go by! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what to go by! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</div></div>

Just stick your head outside and see what it is like and go by that... lol

SusyQ
01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what to go by! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Go stand outside that's you weather button. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Simba
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
Yep pretty much!! lol

t1000
01-21-2008, 09:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what to go by! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</div></div>

Just stick your head outside and see what it is like and go by that... lol </div></div>no storm /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: [censored] warrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know what to go by! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif</div></div>

Just stick your head outside and see what it is like and go by that... lol </div></div>no storm /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif</div></div>

YET!.. lol

J*B
01-21-2008, 09:53 AM
With this ever changing wacky climate you never know what to expect next, notice that the weather forecasts are less reliable all the time?

Maryms
01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
That is the wacky Sault for ya, as we live in an area that the weather can change within minutes.

Huggy85
01-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm looking for some input.

I'm leaving for Wawa within the hour, and I'm wondering what's happening with the weather between the Sault and there. Anyone have any info for me?

MaO3
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Public Warnings Issued for the Sault Region

Warnings
Searchmont - Montreal River Harbour - Batchawana Bay
8:51 AM EST Monday 21 January 2008
Snowsquall warning for
Searchmont - Montreal River Harbour - Batchawana Bay continued

Snowsqualls with whiteout conditions from Lake Superior.

This is a warning that snowsqualls are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Snowsqualls off of Lake Superior are moving into the Agawa - Lake Superior Park region this morning and have left the northern parts of the Sault Ste Marie region. These snowsqualls are accompanied by strong westerly winds gusting to 60 km/h resulting in blowing snow and local whiteout conditions. Local snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 centimetres per 12 hours are expected in the strongest snowsqualls.

Motorists should take extreme caution as dangerous winter driving conditions from whiteouts caused by blowing snow and bursts of heavy snow are possible. The snowsqualls are expected to begin to weaken by Tuesday morning as the winds diminish.

Agawa - Lake Superior Park
8:51 AM EST Monday 21 January 2008
Snowsquall warning for
Agawa - Lake Superior Park issued

Snowsqualls with whiteout conditions from Lake Superior.

This is a warning that snowsqualls are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Snowsqualls off of Lake Superior are moving into the Agawa - Lake Superior Park region this morning and have left the northern parts of the Sault Ste Marie region. These snowsqualls are accompanied by strong westerly winds gusting to 60 km/h resulting in blowing snow and local whiteout conditions. Local snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 centimetres per 12 hours are expected in the strongest snowsqualls.

Motorists should take extreme caution as dangerous winter driving conditions from whiteouts caused by blowing snow and bursts of heavy snow are possible. The snowsqualls are expected to begin to weaken by Tuesday morning as the winds diminish.

Taken from here: http://www.shieldsweather.com/SW/warnings.php

crazymamma
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Bearing bad news are ya?

MaO3
01-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Seems to be my role in life these days -- Pi$$in people off.

Simba
01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
meh..I p people off daily!

MaO3
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
I hope that Huggy looked at this before he headed out, cause Highway 17 is closed at Batch again.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=29706

Maryms
01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Updated road closure and visibility in the northern part of Ontario also partly covered, snow covered, clear, poor... lots of info... ZOOM in as well on the map to see it better.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=hwycond&pagecontent=on_n

crazymamma
01-21-2008, 01:19 PM
yeah join the club!

AmdWolfman
01-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Just take your time, I've been behind a small car with a gust of wind blew him right off the road with black ice.

J*B
01-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Reminds me of the Geo that blew off of the Mackinac bridge, that must have been a scary ride, I think I would have died from a heart attack before I hit the water.

OPP have the highway closed between Batchewana and Wawa now, zero visibility at times.

Huggy85
01-21-2008, 09:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that Huggy looked at this before he headed out, cause Highway 17 is closed at Batch again.

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=29706 </div></div>

I got to Batchewana just as they were closing the highway. We decided to go around, so I'm spending the night in Chapleau. Hwy 17 east of Desbarats was clear and 129 to Chapleau was in really good shape. Tomorrow morning its on to Marathon. Weather forecasts for Wawa and north look good....so far. Good thing travel is a necessary part of my job; I got paid to spend the day driving.

Babzz
01-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Stay safe!!