PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360/Halo 3 NAT issues

froggy_doddy
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Anybody else have this problem....

When I run my Xbox Live connection test, all is great. My NAT is set to OPEN (Thanks to port forwarding). However, lately when I start up Halo 3, I often get a message stating "Nat type not open, matchmaking may be slow". I then re-test my connection, but it's still set to open. What gives?

I've googled it and other people have been having this issue, but most of the suggestions involves getting the Xbox Live test to make the NAT open.

I my case, it's ALREADY SET TO OPEN. It's Halo 3 that's giving me balls.

***As an aside, I called Xbox live and the support guy had NEVER heard of N routers (802.11n). He asked me if this was new as he's only heard of a, and g. At that point I just hung up***

axalon2003
01-22-2008, 02:40 AM
lol...Let'shear it for quality tech support.

If your router has a Gaming Mode, make sure it's enabled. If it's not, you can run into issues with your router causing your connection to lag.

froggy_doddy
01-22-2008, 06:20 AM
I think it's on. I really don't have any issues with the router (as far as I know). The REAL question, and the thing I don't get is:

Why does the Xbox Live test say that my NAT is OPEN, and Halo 3 says it isn't?

I've never even heard of a game checking for that.

GirlNextDoor
01-22-2008, 07:36 PM
halo 3 may be using as differnt port as your xbox live standard connection. and set up DMZ in your router for your xbox and you shouldnt have any issues after that.