PDA

View Full Version : Leafs Finally get rid of John Ferguson!!!

Molly
01-22-2008, 01:32 PM
"The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Tuesday that John Ferguson’s contract as vice president and general manager, which expires June 30, 2008, will not be extended.

As a result, he has been relieved of his duties effective immediately."

It's about time I would think!!!

“After full consideration of the Leafs’ situation, it has become clear that change and a new direction is needed," said Richard Peddie, president and chief executive officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. "The decision has been made that John will not be receiving a new contract at the end of this year, and it’s in the best interests of the Leafs and of John to begin the transition immediately.”

“Cliff Fletcher is the ideal person to lay the groundwork of positive change for the Leafs,” said Peddie. “As all of our general managers have had, he will have the autonomy and responsibility for all hockey decisions with a focus on establishing a foundation from which the next general manager can build. He will guide us through the upcoming trade deadline and toward the draft and free agent signing period.”

I Hope he can make this team win.

mokitapupita
01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>leafs suck</span>

GRUMPY
01-22-2008, 10:41 PM
first thing intelligent you've written yet.

riggs
01-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Now don't go making his head swell

mokitapupita
01-24-2008, 08:55 PM

GRUMPY
01-25-2008, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: riggs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now don't go making his head swell </div></div>

didn't think rock would.

Striker
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moochkita</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>leafs rock</span> </div></div>

make up your mind

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 02:05 AM
They say winning brings financial success. This notion doesnt apply to the Leafs however. They make millions upon millions every year while providing sub par entertainment. The only reason there are changes being made because the ones making the decisions are in fear of losing their own positions.

Barry Morris
01-27-2008, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first thing intelligent you've written yet. </div></div>

Not really, Grumpy. He merely reacts in the opposite direction to any topic.

GRUMPY
01-28-2008, 12:26 AM
True but seeing that "should" give him a 50/50 chance of being right he seldom is.

mokitapupita
01-29-2008, 12:43 PM

Super Gram
02-01-2008, 04:09 AM
What do you expect someone to do when he is not working. Needs to do something. Might as well mock people.

GRUMPY
02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Very true.

Killswitch
02-05-2008, 09:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Molly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Tuesday that John Ferguson’s contract as vice president and general manager, which expires June 30, 2008, will not be extended.

As a result, he has been relieved of his duties effective immediately."

It's about time I would think!!!

“After full consideration of the Leafs’ situation, it has become clear that change and a new direction is needed," said Richard Peddie, president and chief executive officer of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. "The decision has been made that John will not be receiving a new contract at the end of this year, and it’s in the best interests of the Leafs and of John to begin the transition immediately.”

“Cliff Fletcher is the ideal person to lay the groundwork of positive change for the Leafs,” said Peddie. “As all of our general managers have had, he will have the autonomy and responsibility for all hockey decisions with a focus on establishing a foundation from which the next general manager can build. He will guide us through the upcoming trade deadline and toward the draft and free agent signing period.”

I Hope he can make this team win.
</div></div>
Sorry hun. The Leafs are doomed no matter what move they make. You know the Habs rule the east! Yes, I'm willing to sacrifice keeping a peaceful household for making this comment! lol

Striker
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
[quote=Killswitch You know the Habs rule the east! [/quote]

Yup..........they sure dominated the Sens last night.Just can't figure why they were pounded 6-1......... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

bloodymerda
02-11-2008, 01:55 AM
SENS ARE BETTER, although i did like the habs when i was younger /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif but LEAFS SUCK