PDA

View Full Version : letter my kids brought home

Krysta
01-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Here is a letter my kids sent home from school today from the Sault Ste. Marie Police services

Jan 22 2008

Parents/Guardians

It has recently come to the Sault Ste Marie Police services attention that a number of kids are participating in a very dangerous activity.
Kids are dousing each other with body spray (AXE) then setting each other on fire.
Although at this time there are no confirmed cases with injuries, it is obvious that this is a very dangerous activity and may cause severe injuries to the children w****e participating.
This does not appear to be a case of bulling but rather kids are actually consenting to having this done to them.
City Police are asking parents to be aware that this may be an activity that their children may become involved in.

SIGNS TO LOOK FOR :

AXE,TAG or any other body spray being used in access

Unusual stains or burns to clothing.

Articles with unlikely burn marks. ie books,packsack etc..

Burns to any part of the body including singed hair.

Lighters and matches in thier possession.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact one of your Community Service Officers.

sgt Lisa Kenopic Ext 333
Cst Armando Tempesta Ext 334
Cst Louise Oliver Ext 201

Who would ever thought of setting body spray on fire?

Misschix
01-23-2008, 09:21 PM
stupid kids

lynys
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
I know of someone thatdid this when I was in elementary school using hairspray.

Yep, kids are dumb.

lynys
01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Xzavia
01-23-2008, 10:40 PM
It happenning right here in our little town....

Kids see something on you-tube or wherever and think it looks cool and fun, don't stop to think of the "what ifs"...scary!

Babzz
01-23-2008, 10:46 PM
My son brought the letter home from school too.. It kinda freaked me out that this is happening here

goodasgold
01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
I remember setting hairspray on fire at school. I was in grade 8 then. Didn't think it was stupid at the time. Once it singed a friends hair though, we stopped. Kids do stupid things for sure.

Chaotic Chick
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
My sister used to do that with hairspray. I never saw the excitement in it. I was scared of getting hurt. Kids do crazy to do things, but I hope that my kids would know better than to do something like that. It is scary how reckless kids can be.

everywoman
01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Yikes, that's crazy stuff that's happening!

01-24-2008, 05:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POPPLES RULE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a letter my kids sent home from school today from the Sault Ste. Marie Police services

Jan 22 2008

Parents/Guardians

It has recently come to the Sault Ste Marie Police services attention that a number of kids are participating in a very dangerous activity.
Kids are dousing each other with body spray (AXE) then setting each other on fire.
Although at this time there are no confirmed cases with injuries, it is obvious that this is a very dangerous activity and may cause severe injuries to the children w****e participating.
This does not appear to be a case of bulling but rather kids are actually consenting to having this done to them.
City Police are asking parents to be aware that this may be an activity that their children may become involved in.

SIGNS TO LOOK FOR :

AXE,TAG or any other body spray being used in <u>access</u>

Unusual stains or burns to clothing.

Articles with unlikely burn marks. ie books,packsack etc..

Burns to any part of the body including singed hair.

Lighters and matches in thier possession.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact one of your Community Service Officers.

sgt Lisa Kenopic Ext 333
Cst Armando Tempesta Ext 334
Cst Louise Oliver Ext 201

Who would ever thought of setting body spray on fire? </div></div>Was that the word actually used in the letter? Access? If it was, should we wonder why kids today use improper grammar and spelling when the schools themselves are using improper grammar and spelling? The word should actually be <u>excess</u>

/hijack

Sorry...please continue....

Chako
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Yes, that is the word they used. Gave many of us a little chuckle at work yesterday. In all fairness, that can be an easy mistake to make.

Oh and it is not an ADSB document by the way. It came directly from the local police force.

Simba
01-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Wow, that is pretty bad. I don't get where kids are getting the ideas for this kind of stuff. I guess they figure they are untouchable.

JohnnyCash
01-25-2008, 08:01 PM
WATCH OUT PARENTS NEXT THEY'LL BE SCARFING DOWN BEANS AND LIGHTING THEIR FARTS. Hide your beans in a locked drawer

Giggle Squirt
01-25-2008, 08:03 PM
haha blue angels!!!!!