PDA

View Full Version : Good Hair Cuts?

DeleteAccout
01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Im looking for a place that is good with a razor or pair of scissors. Im tired of half assed jobs that I have to fix myself. Anyone have a suggestion?

Im looking for qualitity, not price. I dont care if it's 50$ a cut :P

J*B
01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Go see Linda at her new shop across from the old Walt's service station (near Blue Boy restaurant)

JerDawg
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
my husband gets his head shaved at rocky's and he does a really good job.

Macs II
01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
These kind of questions are pointless since everyone will always name the one they go to as the best.

mokitapupita
01-24-2008, 07:52 PM
OSCARS & DARIOS IN THE MALL

mokitapupita
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PattyCakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my husband gets his head shaved at rocky's and he does a really good job. </div></div>

how can you do a good job at shaving your head? you could do it yourself with an electric trimmer

JerDawg
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
yes you can do it yourself, but you cant get as close to the skin, my husband prefers to have it done with the straight blade.

DeleteAccout
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
I like having hair :P, so I'll pass on the "bic" job. I broke down and went to Hollywood just to get it done. From now on Im going to go somewhere else. They always screw it up there. So far it's Shampoo Alley, and Rocky's I have to test out :P

Strife
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Which Hollywood did you go to? I find the one in the mall is pretty decent. I usually get a number 4 on top and 2 on the sides and rarely have they actually missed a spot. I have also heard good things about Oscar and Dario's.

Strife
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These kind of questions are pointless since everyone will always name the one they go to as the best. </div></div>

The guy was just asking a question......

SusyQ
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM
A bowl a pair of scissors and a mirror BAMM your all set.

Super Gram
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
My daughter does mine. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

DeleteAccout
01-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Well I had 10 inches of hair ..... now I have like .... 3 er so. Iunno. I went to Hollywood in the mall.

mokitapupita
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like having hair :P, so I'll pass on the "bic" job. I broke down and went to Hollywood just to get it done. From now on Im going to go somewhere else. They always screw it up there. So far it's Shampoo Alley, and Rocky's I have to test out :P </div></div>

lol i know what you mean. i had some growth then got most of it chopped off not even the way i liked it, it was so messed up that i had to buzz it down, now i got nothing really /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nightingale
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Hollywood did you go to? I find the one in the mall is pretty decent. I usually get a number 4 on top and 2 on the sides and rarely have they actually missed a spot. I have also heard good things about Oscar and Dario's. </div></div>

Oh, that's funny!My son goes to Hollywood also and all he says is "I'll have a number 2 please!" and he's only 9! It's priceless!

mokitapupita
01-25-2008, 12:53 AM
its bad because once its cut off, it takes ages for it to grow back, at least mine

mokitapupita
01-25-2008, 12:54 AM
your buddy works at Oscars in the mall

chase_me
01-25-2008, 01:00 AM
i go to magiccuts in zellers they are awesome in there

mokitapupita
01-25-2008, 01:15 AM
why is it such a vicious cycle to grow your hair back in?

Evangeline
01-25-2008, 02:01 AM
I go to Headlines, they are up on current styles there.

01-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I go to my sister, but she isn't set up really to do peoples hair cuts, but if you need a manicure, nails, etc., she's the one to see.

Otherwise, for a guy, I would recommend Cliff at The Stag, across from the Pita Pit, next to the insurance place.

LIKETOWIN
01-25-2008, 05:40 PM
oscar and darios is great or june and friends on queen st.

LIKETOWIN
01-25-2008, 05:41 PM
where is headlines? and what do they charge for just a cut?

mokitapupita
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
your buddy is at oscar and darios

blueeyedgirl
01-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Jackie's on Korah road.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like having hair :P, so I'll pass on the "bic" job. I broke down and went to Hollywood just to get it done. From now on Im going to go somewhere else. They always screw it up there. So far it's Shampoo Alley, and Rocky's I have to test out :P </div></div>

Don't go to Rocky's. If you want a hatchet job you can go there but trust me lol..

Go to Oscar and Dario's. They will take 20 minutes to cut your hair but you will not be disappointed..

italiandomino
01-25-2008, 06:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzy27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lisa Smith at Paradise across from Fabricland.. I'll never let anyone touch my hair but her.. EVER again. Awesome prices and she does amazing work and won't stop till you're happy with your do. </div></div>

I know where to avoid LOL

Macs II
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
http://onhutchinsonisland.com/files/2007/10/bad_haircut.jpg

italiandomino
01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
was that at Paradise Macs ?

Maryms
01-25-2008, 07:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im looking for a place that is good with a razor or pair of scissors. Im tired of half assed jobs that I have to fix myself. Anyone have a suggestion?

Im looking for qualitity, not price. I dont care if it's 50$ a cut :P</div></div>

If ya can't do it yourself:

Dude if ya need your private area done ... man no one here cares, just go find a barber to do it for ya.. K

Try a place that lists "Cuts For Your Pleasure"

LMFAO

Barry Morris
01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PattyCakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes you can do it yourself, but you cant get as close to the skin, my husband prefers to have it done with the straight blade. </div></div>

I use a trimmer, then a Bic with hair conditioner. Works great.

Barry Morris
01-25-2008, 07:34 PM
It's an old joke.

If you go to a place with two barbers, and one has a bad haircut and one has a good haircut, which do you choose??

Maryms
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
The one with the bad hair cut as he was the one who gave the other the good hair cut... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hp2
01-25-2008, 07:41 PM
we all go to my kitchen.... Lol only me and my daughter have hair... and all the men in our house have shaved heads.. SO me and my daughter usually go to my moms.. but the guys get done with out the #1's straight off the clippers for the boys and then hubby usually takes a razor after..

DeleteAccout
01-25-2008, 07:46 PM
haha .... I assure you Dusk-Till-Dawn ..... I dont have an issue with my area. I hate body hair .... lets just leave it at that. And for all the women who are curious about what i mean exactly .... providing you're over 18 ... I'll be more than hapy to show you /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

hehe .... I joke I joke .... but seriously .... 18+ anyone? :P

hp2
01-25-2008, 07:50 PM
lmfao

Punkin
01-25-2008, 08:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where is headlines? and what do they charge for just a cut? </div></div>

It's on East Street, right where East meets Albert..

http://www.headlineshairandspa.com/

Under services gives you your prices!! I go to Heather and love my hair everytime!!! Even after I went in with long hair and said "Do whatever I need a change!" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She's great /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

JohnnyCash
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moochkita</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OSCARS & DARIOS IN THE MALL </div></div>

She's right these guys know hair (I wish I still had some), he even does an amazing job shaving my head with a straight razor.

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/red_galleries/britney-spears-shaved-head-400a061907.jpg

puppypower
01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
See Diane at Magiccuts, awesome !!!