PDA

View Full Version : web page creation

scalerman
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
thinking of starting my own web page. does anyone know of a good program for beginners to use.?

GirlNextDoor
01-25-2008, 09:20 PM
notepad, windows ftp and a good guide to writing HTML. alternativly you could use macromedia dreamweaver or adobe CSS

scalerman
01-25-2008, 09:23 PM
html looks tough to learn. I would idealy like something with templates. ill check out what you mentioned thanks

binky
01-25-2008, 10:24 PM
i dont think you'll find dreamweaver or css a good way to start, try max's html beauty available as a free download that will start you off. The way i learned was with a proggy i cant remember right now but find some simple sights and right click a blank area and 'view source. save it in notpad as this is the html that shows the page. explore eah entry and what it does. check http://www.webmonkey.com/ out for simple explainations.

Shawn
01-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Personally when I started I think dreamweaver was the first program I used. Basically you want a wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) program. That way you can do stuff graphically... A program like dream weaver lets you see the code at the same time graphically... that way you can make real time changes to the code and see what it does...

scalerman
01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks all for the replys. thinking of trying my luck with adsense.

Bill Nash
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Try Coffeecup Easy Web Designer available at Staples. I didn't know anything about web design,and it was easy.

GoldDogs
02-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Freewebs?... but that isn't really a program. I recommend HTML, CSS and Notepad. Its the best.

HTML isn't that hard to learn. Its confusing at first but once you get the hang of it its okay. Once you learn that you can expand to CSS which can be fun.

There are a million tutorials online too... so if you have questions there will never not be answers.

Maryms
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Look online for webpage creating info.

scalerman
02-09-2008, 06:41 PM
thanks to all who have replied. I have bought a few domain names and parked them. but i think I'll have to turn them into sites and grow my traffic to them. gonna start looking for a good hosting company steve

Arimac
02-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Talk to Chris Bumbaco at info@ssmbi.com. He's local and has a great server with lots of templates you can use - no formatting experience necessary. He's got great service and prices too!
Check out his site at http://www.ssmbi.com

scalerman
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
went to the library and got a few books on html. I have already started making a website. This is very interesting and fun watching your site take shape. lots of mistakes made. Gonna try dreamweaver once im more familiar with the code. is css the way to go if you have a site with multiple pages? thanks

oneof3
02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Pretty expensive compared to some of the more well known hosts on the web.

Shawn
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scalerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">went to the library and got a few books on html. I have already started making a website. This is very interesting and fun watching your site take shape. lots of mistakes made. Gonna try dreamweaver once im more familiar with the code. is css the way to go if you have a site with multiple pages? thanks </div></div>

CSS is good if you have a lot of content that you want to keep all the same. Its a good thing to learn, but if you are only making a couple of pages, probably not worth the extra work... On a large site like say ebay, it makes things very easy to change every page with one change... It can be a very power full thing if used right...

oneof3
02-22-2008, 03:10 AM
He'll still need to know HTML regardless, but agreed, CSS is worth the effort