PDA

View Full Version : Do you know anyone that has a messy yard?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 03:53 PM
They should be turned into the police!!

italiandomino
01-26-2008, 03:54 PM
everyone does now .. covered in Snow !!!

crazymamma
01-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn rednecks around were I live...I'm a neat freak and they always make my area look like crap.....the problem about living in a co-op...that's why i'm househunting...up a fence will go!!!!!!!!

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
y i hate peole with messy yards /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Tutones
01-26-2008, 05:27 PM
My neighbour is one of them! Pieces of cars all over the place, it drives me crazy.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 06:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who?Me?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My neighbour is one of them! Pieces of cars all over the place, it drives me crazy. </div></div>

Ummm don't even go there,lol

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 06:28 PM
when i moved into my house, i actually thought the hosue behind me was vacant... that is how bad it was... :S

crazymamma
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM
ewwwww

A*lil*Loopy
01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Messy yard is one thing, but currently a township in Algoma is trying to make a by-law about having your grass cut a certain length. Not just your yard, but your ditches as well. And to top it off, they are suggesting that they should be permitted inside your house as well to make sure it's not messy.

I think something like that is out of control. Now the seniors will have to crawl into the ditches and make sure the grass is at the correct level. My Mom is one of those seniors. I hope the township doesn't get away with that, it's going too far.

Crazy!!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Loop!! Relax!!

A*lil*Loopy
01-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry 6th, but it's a weird world out there. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Oh, and I have a very messy yard, full of trucks, campin stuff, etc. My yard is lived on/in. I can't stand the wacky folk who cut their grass in the criss-cross pattern and prune their trees obsessively. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif (I'll never understand)

crazymamma
01-26-2008, 06:44 PM
lol sorry for my OCD...but my grass has to look neat...flowers neat etc...damn me LMAO! My yard is lived in yes...but you won't see no oilpans etc !Or massive amounts of garbage like the place 3 up from me!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Ummmm, don't let my wife read this. Her oasis in the back yard has to be meticulously groomed every summer.

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 06:50 PM
oh what about people who have animals in their yard and don't clean up after them and on hot summer days all you smell is cooking dog do do... and no they dont have grass becuse the dog do do is so tick that no sun can get to the grass...

Miss
01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
EWWWWWW!!!!! I have a dog. The dog doo doo is cleaned whenever she doo doos lol I wait about an hour after the doo doo so it is not so fresh though /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

italiandomino
01-26-2008, 07:48 PM
oh boy !!! this thread took a wrong turn !!!

bluekrissyspikes
01-26-2008, 08:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A*lil*Loopy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Messy yard is one thing, but currently a township in Algoma is trying to make a by-law about having your grass cut a certain length. Not just your yard, but your ditches as well. And to top it off, they are suggesting that they should be permitted inside your house as well to make sure it's not messy.

I think something like that is out of control. Now the seniors will have to crawl into the ditches and make sure the grass is at the correct level. My Mom is one of those seniors. I hope the township doesn't get away with that, it's going too far.

Crazy!!! </div></div>

that is pretty crazy. where is that? sounds like something they'd do in elliot lake..lol

Ultra54
01-26-2008, 08:34 PM
My old neighbour from down the line went a whole summer without cutting his grass. Then fall came and he never raked his leaves. Then spring came and the grass was all dead under the wet leaves and so on and so on and so on. Then they left their large dog out all day/night/year letting it [censored] where ever it wanted, car parts scattered. This happened when they inheritted the house and only took 2 years.

Macs II
01-26-2008, 08:42 PM
when you're buying a house ...look if the neighbors have dogs..if they do, move on and stay away from that house.

§ienna
01-26-2008, 08:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you're buying a house ...look if the neighbors have dogs..if they do, move on and stay away from that house. </div></div>
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SiennaAlyse/cutewink.gifhttp://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/SiennaAlyse/slap.gif

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
dogs don't bother me.. it is people who have cats that let them out with out a leash and they come and dig up my garden and poop in my kids sand box...

GRUMPY
01-26-2008, 10:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you're buying a house ...look if the neighbors have dogs..if they do, move on and stay away from that house. </div></div>

I bet the dogs and their owners would be heartbroken if they found out that they missed out on having you next door.

Macs II
01-26-2008, 10:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when you're buying a house ...look if the neighbors have dogs..if they do, move on and stay away from that house. </div></div>

I bet the dogs and their owners would be heartbroken if they found out that they missed out on having you next door. </div></div>

so was the real estate agent ..because I turned down couple of houses because of it lol

Peety
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I Think a gross yard is a good sign on how the inside is kept, I know this one home the steps have so much junk and garabge its hard to walk to the door, And that the neighbours are always complaining.

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 10:36 PM
i have taken my son trick or treating and refused to let him go up to some houses because they just looked likey they were growing stuff that should not be grown no houses...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 10:45 PM
My dog only barks on command so that theory is out the window..

Macs II
01-26-2008, 10:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dog only barks on command so that theory is out the window.. </div></div>

not everyone has a perfectly trained police dog like you do ...I know Hitler had one but most people in this town don't

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 10:49 PM
What about houses where you can smell them without even gong inside.. any one ever experience this?

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I have... remember the houses we didn't look at based on the outside appearance?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dog only barks on command so that theory is out the window.. </div></div>

not everyone has a perfectly trained police dog like you do ...I know Hitler had one but most people in this town don't </div></div>

She isnt a police dog just a quiet even tempered dog that only barks for treats when I ask her too, seriously...

And you can ask anyone that knows me can vouch for her too

Peety
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
We had a rental house ,I happend to be there painting and a cat peed on the new screen door ,The cat ran next door under the house next door I went over to tell them that they have a mess to clean up ,The lady said it wasn't her cat but she would come over and help clean up after the cat.I thought was quite nice of her. People should be more responsible for thier cats..

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 10:55 PM
I agree.. I can't stand loose cats in my yard.. I keep my cat tied up outside, just like i keep my dog on leash.. And yes people laugh at me because i walk my cat on a leash... well would you rather me let my cat pee on your flowers and dig in your kids sand box? It all comes down to respect and responsibility. Not only does keeping a clean yard benefit you, but it also benefits your neighbours and bring pride to a neighbour hood.

Macs II
01-26-2008, 10:58 PM
when a cat pees in a rental unit ..even once ..it's at least $1000.00 damage

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 11:00 PM
I totally understand what you mean macs.. not even the pee but when cats spray... UGH.. seriously some people should just not own cats.. or dogs or anything.

Peety
01-26-2008, 11:02 PM
I know a lady she has 5 cats it reeks of cat pee, Every thing smells, I dont think that smell comes out of cloths or furniture

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 11:05 PM
yes their are some people that just reek of cat pee.. makes me want to vomit... I mean serioulsy if some one smells of cat urin that bad, could you just imagine what they live in? And can they not smell it?

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Ewww... one thing that come to mond. City bus...

Peety
I don't think they can smell it..

hp2
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: peety</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Think a gross yard is a good sign on how the inside is kept, I know this one home the steps have so much junk and garabge its hard to walk to the door, And that the neighbours are always complaining. </div></div>

Hay there little lady.. Are you talking about me hehe... OH wait you know what the inside of my house looks like.. and 99% of the time its not a mess...

I admit My steps are a mess but I live in a small house and the 5 of us make lots of garabage and heaven forbid I forget a garabage day.. or should I say dont get it out there fast enough cause the butt heads come by at 6:40 am.. and they are not suppose to start till 7 but If I haappen to sleep in on garbage day IM screwed.. then it looks messy till I get to the dump..

Peety
01-26-2008, 11:11 PM
Your steps are fine..lol

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Put out your garbage the night before.

Macs II
01-26-2008, 11:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Man eater!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes their are some people that just reek of cat pee.. makes me want to vomit... I mean serioulsy if some one smells of cat urin that bad, could you just imagine what they live in? And can they not smell it? </div></div>

Pet people live like animals thats why they don't think it's dirty or smell anything. They all think their house is clean but other people would just puke when they walk in.

Peety
01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
The place I'm talking about is bad.. There are appliances and furniture and garbage..its brutal

hp2
01-26-2008, 11:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmkryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put out your garbage the night before. </div></div>

I try but some times the wild animals get into it at the end of the road then I have one hell of a mess.... Nothing like seeing a bear carrying your garabage across the street..

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmkryan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put out your garbage the night before. </div></div>

I try but some times the wild animals get into it at the end of the road then I have one hell of a mess.... Nothing like seeing a bear carrying your garabage across the street.. </div></div>

OMG seriously? LOL.. I think bears are cute!! But i guess they wouldn't be too cute when they get into your garbage

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
lol... I guess I see your point now. I wouldn't want to clean up that mess.

hp2
01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
LOL.. when We lived in lizzards house now.. Ill never forget we were moving.. and I Had the baby in the carseat the middle child in my arms and I was pushing the third child out the door and shes like ummmmmmmmmm MOM.. theres a bear out there.. I never in my life have seen a bear so big... it was wild.. but LIZZARDS neighbour has the messyest yard.. IM sure he could win a challange for it... but yes where I live now I have seen it happen... also.. but the bear on my steps was not nice..

Giggle Squirt
Isn't it illegal to put your garbage out the night before? Like if your neighbours complained you could get fined.. I heard this some where but i don't know if it is a city bylaw or something..

Peety
They can sure make a mess..

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 11:20 PM
I heard it is... but I've never heard of anyone getting busted for it.

hp2
01-26-2008, 11:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Man eater!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't it illegal to put your garbage out the night before? Like if your neighbours complained you could get fined.. I heard this some where but i don't know if it is a city bylaw or something.. </div></div>

YES it is it states it is not suppose to be on curb side before 7 am.. thats where im stuck cause the butt heads come at6:40 am.. and are never late.. thats garabage recycling truck comes sooner.. but where I live now... OUR neigbours never see them.. and the other side is trucking company.. lmao which for some reason we like to live beside them type businesses

blueeyedgirl
01-26-2008, 11:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL.. when We lived in lizzards house now.. Ill never forget we were moving.. and I Had the baby in the carseat the middle child in my arms and I was pushing the third child out the door and shes like ummmmmmmmmm MOM.. theres a bear out there.. I never in my life have seen a bear so big... it was wild.. but LIZZARDS neighbour has the messyest yard.. IM sure he could win a challange for it... but yes where I live now I have seen it happen... also.. but the bear on my steps was not nice.. </div></div>

When we lived on peoples road up past fourth line during the summer time you were sure to see a bear. One day there was one big one strolling down the middle of the street without a care in the world. Once hubby came home at night and the bear was in the front yard and would not let him get out of the car. I was always scared to go outside with my son because if we were in the backyard i had to go to the front of the house to get inside.

We used to put our garbage in the wooden bin outside and the bears completely destroyed it. We also lived right beside an old scrap yard so our place always looked nasty on the outside.

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
I couldn't image some one actually callng the cops on their naighbour for putting out their garbage though.. that just seem silly to me.

hp2
01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=~~~~~]LOL.. when We lived in lizzards house now.. Ill never forget we were moving.. and I Had the baby in the carseat the middle child in my arms and I was pushing the third child out the door and shes like ummmmmmmmmm MOM.. theres a bear out there.. I never in my life have seen a bear so big... it was wild.. but LIZZARDS neighbour has the messyest yard.. IM sure he could win a challange for it... but yes where I live now I have seen it happen... also.. but the bear on my steps was not nice.. </div></div>

When we lived on peoples road up past fourth line during the summer time you were sure to see a bear. One day there was one big one strolling down the middle of the street without a care in the world. Once hubby came home at night and the bear was in the front yard and would not let him get out of the car. I was always scared to go outside with my son because if we were in the backyard i had to go to the front of the house to get inside.

We used to put our garbage in the wooden bin outside and the bears completely destroyed it. We also lived right beside an old scrap yard so our place always looked nasty on the outside. [/quote

well if you know where lizzard lives you understand where im coming from

lmags
01-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Why folks spend a fortune on their back yards making it pretty and their front yards look like crap is beyond me.

blueeyedgirl
01-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I have no clue where lizzard lives but i can almost imagine what it is like cause we lived it lol.

Giggle Squirt
01-26-2008, 11:28 PM
i went to the dump once and i was driving upto the scales and i saw like 3 cubs walking down the road.. I thought cubs never left their mothers???? Wasn't their a bunch of bears in a dumpster by the country style in the industrial court a while back?

noonehome
01-26-2008, 11:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellowjeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why folks spend a fortune on their back yards making it pretty and their front yards look like crap is beyond me. </div></div>

Beats me but I agree it's stupid.
Waste of time and money.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Let it look like crap then. Then it can give you people something else to complain about,lol

rmkryan
01-26-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd rather keep up my whole property and make it worth more.

noonehome
01-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Precisely.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 11:44 PM
You just contradicted yourself lol

noonehome
01-26-2008, 11:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let it look like crap then. Then it can give you people something else to complain about,lol </div></div>You're the one griping about messy yards, and you're saying yours looks like crap. Talk about your double standard. LMAO

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I am talking about your post. Even laying a lawn down is expensive. So you dont know what you are talking about. Where did I say mine looked liks crap lol. Learn how to read

noonehome
01-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Obviously you did't get what I said. If your front yard looks like hell and your back yard is gorgeous then why bother, you've just wasted your time on half a job.

01-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Your property is only worth as much as your neighbours. LOL

If you have a $30,000 house next to yours, don't expect much.

Miss
01-27-2008, 12:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellowjeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why folks spend a fortune on their back yards making it pretty and their front yards look like crap is beyond me. </div></div>

My front yard is far from looking like crap!!! My backyard won City Beautification this year /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif This year we are going to put in a huge garden in the front yard!! So Yellowjeans come see my yard!! I think you have already seen my backyard, but you are welcome to see my front yard in the spring!!!

01-27-2008, 12:38 AM
#1 About the grass rule. They aren't going to be out with a rule measuring making sure your grass is exactly 4.3 inches.

They are making sure to it doesn't get passed 10 or something stupid.

You all always think the government municipal/provincial/federal are nazis who are out to destroy your way of life.

People don't like to have neighbours with messy yards (As this topic states), but when something is passed to do something about it, you all rant and rave!!!

I want this city to put a bylaw in making sure people clean up their yards, and cut their lawn!

ITS ABOUT TIME!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:38 AM
The city has a hard enough time taking care of their own properties. They should take some advice from Charlevoix Michigan...

01-27-2008, 12:40 AM
People on assistance that are physically fit enough to work, that don't, should be maintaining the city property.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh Oh, don't go there lol

01-27-2008, 12:41 AM
shoveling off public rinks in winter.

Salting the sidewalks downtown in winter

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:41 AM
Tpot you have been in the sauce again lol

01-27-2008, 12:43 AM
No, that is what Charelvois does in the states.

Alot of the property is maintained by men and women who are on assistance who are physically able to work.

Miss
LMAO /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif

Not bashing anyone. I think it is a stellar idea!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Its a great idea. One I have never thought of...

01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I was watching this program about it, they receive their cheque as usually, but they also get an additional $1.90 an hour for working, on top of what they usually make.

So it is a motivation to get off, but gives you experience to work.

Mon-weds they work, Thursday and friday job hunt, and you get the weekend off.

noonehome
01-27-2008, 12:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Petunia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellowjeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why folks spend a fortune on their back yards making it pretty and their front yards look like crap is beyond me. </div></div>

My front yard is far from looking like crap!!! My backyard won City Beautification this year /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif This year we are going to put in a huge garden in the front yard!! So Yellowjeans come see my yard!! I think you have already seen my backyard, but you are welcome to see my front yard in the spring!!! </div></div>

hooooly lady chill. Besides who cares if you won the city beautification award. My neighbour won for the front yard and at least people can see it!!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Hooohooo, the yard wasn't done for everyone else it was done for us. We didn't nominate ourselves.

Giggle Squirt
01-27-2008, 12:51 AM
i have always wanted a job with the city to go and clean up all the planters and everything but they won't hire me... Hell i will do it for free!!!1

noonehome
01-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Hey whatever floats your boat.

Miss
01-27-2008, 12:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nobody_You_Know</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Petunia</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yellowjeans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why folks spend a fortune on their back yards making it pretty and their front yards look like crap is beyond me. </div></div>

My front yard is far from looking like crap!!! My backyard won City Beautification this year /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif This year we are going to put in a huge garden in the front yard!! So Yellowjeans come see my yard!! I think you have already seen my backyard, but you are welcome to see my front yard in the spring!!! </div></div>

hooooly lady chill. Besides who cares if you won the city beautification award. My neighbour won for the front yard and at least people can see it!!! </div></div>Really!!! It kinda irks me when people comment on things they have no idea about!! Sorry if I over reacted lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 12:55 AM
It's funny. When people go all out and make their yards look good others will comment that they are showing off lol

Giggle Squirt
01-27-2008, 01:20 AM
I honestly had no idea about this "city beautifican award" thing and i have lived here my whole life...

Miss
01-27-2008, 01:24 AM
My backyard is my project every summer /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif My front yard is my next year project /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LIKETOWIN
01-27-2008, 05:44 PM
we have a nasty neighbour she burns household garbage when she feels like it and she has 12 - 14 bags piled on her back patio all winter ill be calling the city on her if they are still there for summer its going to be infested with rats.

t1000
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who?Me?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My neighbour is one of them! Pieces of cars all over the place, it drives me crazy. </div></div>

Ummm don't even go there,lol </div></div>sanford /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Whoa lol