PDA

View Full Version : how's your bank

binky
01-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Has the public works started in your neighbourhood cutting snow banks? I'm on queen east and its really dangerous here so stay in the middle lane if your headed west cuz I have to pull out into the lane just to see!

goodasgold
01-28-2008, 09:30 AM
As of yesterday we still had our banks. But this morning I have counted five big trucks filled with snow going down my street. So hopefully they will be gone soon. It's quite dangerous, especially since so many people park on the side of the road too. It's almost in the middle of the road because of the banks.

washawee
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yo_chooch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has the public works started in your neighbourhood cutting snow banks? I'm on queen east and its really dangerous here so stay in the middle lane if your headed west cuz I have to pull out into the lane just to see! </div></div>

aww, i bet that sucks

Simba
01-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Nevermind banks, our street hasn't been plowed in a week..lol

terr994
01-28-2008, 10:06 AM
well with the weather today and tommorrow, hopefully the banks will shrink a bit.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I think TD is great!!

terr994
01-28-2008, 10:25 AM
HAHA!!!

J*B
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
It's a good size city, they can only do so many at a time.

Super Gram
01-28-2008, 12:37 PM
They don't do our residential st anymore.

J*B
01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Why is that? Unsafe is unsafe.. I would be complaining about that one as a taxpayer.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-28-2008, 01:14 PM
I think they only remove snowbanks from major roads. My street isn't done, either. John St. needs some major work, though lol

cassiechadwick
01-28-2008, 01:29 PM
i don't know how the city decides where to remove snow but i lived in a lower housing priced neighbourhood with mixed ethnic backgrounds, and had to call the city to plow my road on a number of occasions.
i moved seven years ago to a higher priced housing neighbourhood consisting primarily of one ethnic background and the plows are here all the time along with the sanding truck, grader and snow bank removal equipment. they have been around this neighbourhood so much i called city works and asked why!! they have even been on my street grading, plowing or sanding when the roads did not need it at all!! MAKE WORK PROJECT MAYBE?

anyway, the city did not give me a good reason for the needless and excessive snow removal, they just said that some removal is scheduled ahead of time to get done when they are available since they are needed elsewhere at poor weather times. in other words, my neighbourhood will get done whether it needs it or not cause it is scheduled!! i guess they are not capable of having workers report where bad areas are, when they are driving all over town on taxpayers fuel while drinking coffee.

one time, at my old residence, after a bad two day storm and being snowed in for three days ( street was impassible for my car, however 4-wheel drive vehicles were able to drive it) i videotaped my neighbour (city worker) whose driveway was being cleared by a city works front end loader. i phoned the city and they told me they had no equipment available to clear my road yet as other parts of the city were still being cleared too. i told them about the front end loader down the street right now and said he could clear road since he was right there and obviously not working on clearing city roads therefore available! i threatened to send the tape to the news with my story of being snowed in, and lo and behold the plow did my road within the half hour.

so, my advice, call city works dept. and the police station and tell them both of the hazard. once the police are made aware the city will clear the banks to make sure there is no problem or chance of possible lawsuit if a tragedy unfortunately happens!

my banks are about two and a half feet high so we don't need the snow removal equip. here!!! if they show up, i'll send them down to queen e.

lol

binky
01-28-2008, 01:34 PM
thanx cassie if it helps tellem i'm italian lol

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-28-2008, 01:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cassiechadwick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't know how the city decides where to remove snow but i lived in a lower housing priced neighbourhood with mixed ethnic backgrounds, and had to call the city to plow my road on a number of occasions.
i moved seven years ago to a higher priced housing neighbourhood consisting primarily of one ethnic background and the plows are here all the time along with the sanding truck, grader and snow bank removal equipment.</div></div>

I don't know what ethnic background has to do with it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Why even bring that up? I live in a neighbourhood with pretty much the same ethnic background and my streets are hardly ever plowed. My dad lives in a neighbourhood of predominantly Italians. His streets are hardly ever plowed, as well.

Coincidence? Most definitely.

Do I care? Not at all /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif More fun driving around lol

cassiechadwick
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cassiechadwick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't know how the city decides where to remove snow but i lived in a lower housing priced neighbourhood with mixed ethnic backgrounds, and had to call the city to plow my road on a number of occasions.
i moved seven years ago to a higher priced housing neighbourhood consisting primarily of one ethnic background and the plows are here all the time along with the sanding truck, grader and snow bank removal equipment.</div></div>

I don't know what ethnic background has to do with it /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif Why even bring that up? I live in a neighbourhood with pretty much the same ethnic background and my streets are hardly ever plowed. My dad lives in a neighbourhood of predominantly Italians. His streets are hardly ever plowed, as well.

Coincidence? Most definitely.

Do I care? Not at all /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif More fun driving around lol </div></div>

how do you know we live in neighbourhood with same ethnic background /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif since i didn't name the background of people in this neighbourhood! unreal post there kuietgirl.
also glad you don't care. hopefully nobody will get hurt but if someone does then i hope its someone who doesn't care how high, for safety sake, the banks get.

cassiechadwick
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
the grader just showed up and did my street! there was no snow to move as street was still clear from last drive-by! i didn't have a chance to flag him down and send him to east end tho, sorry!

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't live in an Italian neighborhood. My dad does. Neither of us live in neighborhoods that are plowed frequently.

My point is, what the hell does your ethnic background have to do with your streets being plowed?! That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Chaotic Chick
01-28-2008, 03:43 PM
I agree.

cheeky
01-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I also agree!

And if all it took was being Italian to get the street plowed then ours should have been done bright and early this morning!! Not just a few minutes ago!!!

Barry Morris
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
It's not ethnic background that makes the difference. It's having the SAME ethnic background as the people who decide where the plows go. Or who decide which roads get fixed.
It also helps to have a city counsellor living on your street. Maybe even moreso.

kuietgrl (got lost)
01-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree about the city counsellors. When I was living with my dad, the councellor for our ward lived in the same subdivision. The streets were impeccable...day or night, blizzarding or not.

someguy
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think TD is great!! </div></div>

I'm with you there&gt; great hours and great service...

goodasgold
01-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Our banks were all cleared out by 11am this morning. Nothing at all down the street. They only did the one side since we only have one sidewalk. I don't think our street is a main road (I live on Northland), but it sure is nice not to have the banks. My block usually has none anyhow as we all snowplow it into the yard. Makes taking out the trash easier if it's not on the snowbank.

Giggle Squirt
01-28-2008, 06:26 PM
second line needs to get done and so does wallace terrace

puppy
01-28-2008, 06:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Man eater!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">second line needs to get done and so does wallace terrace</div></div>

wallace terrace is done now

binky
01-28-2008, 06:42 PM
they did northland before they did queen,second line and wallace terrace?? Oh THAT makes sense!

Giggle Squirt
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Yesterdsy i got my car stuck on goetz street.. it was really gross.... all sloppy..

sniderscott2
01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Why all this hate against snowbanks, lets say, remove the roads from the snowbanks.. and you wouldnt NEED plowing!