PDA

View Full Version : Tummy Tuck??

KelBear
01-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Can anyone recommend a good surgeon?? Saw my family doc today and he is quite impressed with my weight loss results. He mentioned that I will have to have a tummy tuck done. Just wondering if there is someone in town that does this or should I look out of town?? thanks

tippikitty
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Your doctor didn't recommend someone?

KelBear
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
no.. not yet.. he said that in the next few months we will look into getting it done... but we didn't dicuss who would do it... I just thought that I would get others opinions before I let him make the decision for me...

bluekrissyspikes
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
good plan. it is always good to keep yourself informed.

MaO3
01-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Kelbear do not allow anyone here to do this. For your own health and wellbeing - head to Toronto

That is a very extensive surgery and personally I wouldn't allow anyone in this city to do it.

Babzz
01-29-2008, 08:04 AM
does OHIP cover it?

MaO3
01-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Not that I'm aware of. Its cosmetic surgery so I can't see them covering it.

tippikitty
01-29-2008, 12:55 PM
OHIP does not cover it. When I was researching this surgery that was one of the things that was pointed out. People go and have the surgery but then can't afford to pay to have the extra skin removed. So unless things have changed in the last few months you have to pay for it yourself.

I would definitely get as many opinions as you can. I would also look into getting it done in the States.

Good luck and congratulations. You look great!

mags
01-29-2008, 01:20 PM
It is covered if you can get a Dr. to say it is necessary. Examples would be it is too difficult to clean underneath it and keep it clean. If you have numerous infections bacterial or yeast under the flap. If the flap or fold interferes with walking it would be covered. If there are genuine medical reasons and not just tighten up a tummy, tummy tucks may be covered. Approval would have to become before the surgery it was going to be covered. Otherwise it's around $7,000.

KelBear
01-29-2008, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does OHIP cover it?</div></div>

Yes they do... for the reasons mags said... and I have a medical condition that is affected by this extra skin.. so I am sure it will be approved..

kitca
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
i thought so too. why not ask the mgb group of canadians? my 'littermate' had one this fall, she is in the states though.

Chaotic Chick
01-31-2008, 04:45 PM
I will have to find out from my friend who did hers, but she had a HORRIBLE experience when she had a tummy tuck done by a surgeon here. She not only had an infection (which can happen with any surgery - I always get infections when I have surgery), but it was a very serious one. She wound up having some kind of tube put in to drain it. Not only that, but on the other side, there was a huge hole in her abdomen. It turned out to be quite a mess (I saw it, believe me, it was yucky) and she had to have a skin graft. The skin graft had her in bed for months of course. That was difficult for her, having little ones at home. She was told by more than one doctor that the infection and the hole were both due to error on the surgeon`s part.

KelBear
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Wow.. you need to find out for me... please.. thanks