PDA

View Full Version : Menards

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Anyone know what the Canadian regulation is to bring back certain building supplies back from menards? I know some stuff has to be approved for use in Canada. Anyone know where I can find this list or know what's included on it?

Maryms
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Call Canada Customs

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 07:10 PM
it's not a canada customs thing.

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
found info for those interested:

http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=28641

Lance
01-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a buy in Canada only thing. Like the States is just too third world to know how to build a window,door,taps or a piece of lumber.LOL

curious1
01-28-2008, 09:59 PM
From news article in link:

"Recent changes to the Ontario Building Code have made building suppliers in the province more accountable for the end-use of a product.

Building supply retailers in Ontario should be able to tell you what products can be used in what circumstances."

I don't think any builing supplier is going to be willing to give you this information knowing you want to know what you can bring into Canada

Giggle Squirt
01-28-2008, 10:09 PM
try calling home inspectors they might have a clue or contractors

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 10:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: curious1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
From news article in link:

"Recent changes to the Ontario Building Code have made building suppliers in the province more accountable for the end-use of a product.

Building supply retailers in Ontario should be able to tell you what products can be used in what circumstances."

I don't think any builing supplier is going to be willing to give you this information knowing you want to know what you can bring into Canada

</div></div>

you just have to find the disgruntled employee. every store has at least one.

curious1
01-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah that's true

Luv to be on the GO
01-28-2008, 10:17 PM
ART ....Where is a Menard`s Store located ??
I guess Marquette or Traverse city ..RIGHT ??
Is it true Soo Mich. is suppose to get one ??
Lots of questions for ya !!!!

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 10:20 PM
yeah, traverse city and marquette. (both about 3 hrs away) I think they are about the same distance, though the one in traverse city I think is bigger, and definitely newer. not sure about the sault mich story!

AngelOnHigh
01-28-2008, 10:27 PM
save big money at menardssssssssssssss.... i have that stupid jingle in my head all the time from the commercials.

we have a menards here (more then one) for the most part, home depot and lowes are around the same price... not a big difference.

a few years ago when we bought our house, we bought a lawn mower from menards... it was a good one too... we used it three times and the dang thing was up in smoke... literally. black smoke everywhere... well, it was defective. when we tried bringing it back, they told us that we had to take it to be repaired... at a place they said! it was 20 minutes away from home too! (in a different town!)... all I know is I will never buy anything like that from them again. I did buy all my mulch and plants there this summer though... lol.

Luv to be on the GO
01-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Yup Art ...the Menards in Traverse City
is HUGE !!! You need to take a lunch with you !!!!!

axalon2003
01-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I believe the old Glen's store is being converted to a Menard's.
My parents are renoing their basement and my Dad bought the drywall across the river. He saved around $200-$250. He had no issues bringing it through Customs and didn't have to pay any duty on it since the products were made in Canada....Made here, cheaper there..Go figure.

H.E. Pennypacker
01-28-2008, 10:59 PM
the old glenns is now goodwill? and it would DEFINATELY not be enough for a menards LoL