PDA

View Full Version : deep fried stuff?

tasma
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
There was a post about deep fried foods that people like in the soapbox. Does anyone know how to do deep fried raviolis and chocolate bars and ice cream? I tried the raviolis before but I think I was supposed to boil them first then drain and dry and then deep fry? I'm not sure. TIA

unbeautiful-mistake*
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
1 scoop french vanilla ice cream
4 oz. cinnamon
4 oz. sugar
6 oz. cornflakes, crushed
1/2 oz. honey
Whipped cream

Mix sugar and cinnamon and roll one scoop of hard frozen ice cream in the mixture. Roll the ice cream in crushed cornflakes. Make sure flakes stick to the ice cream. Immediately place ice cream back into the freezer to harden. To deep fry, heat oil to 375 degrees and immerse the coated ice cream approximately 5 seconds. Allow oil to drain from ice cream, then place in dish. Pour honey over the ice cream and whipped cream around sides. Top with maraschino cherry.

DEEP FRIED CHOCOLATE BAR
Ingredients:

1 cup sifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold water
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 caramel covered candy bars
Shortening or oil for frying
Directions:

Mix flour, salt, and water until smooth, cover, and let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes. Stir baking powder into batter. Place shortening or oil in a deep fat fryer, insert thermometer, and begin heating over high heat. Dip chocolate bar into batter, allowing excess to drain off. Fry in 375 degree fat until golden and crisp. Drain on paper toweling.

This recipe for Deep Fried chocolate bar serves/makes 4.

and for the ravioli you have to cook them then put them in the oil /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif ..
hope this helps

tasma
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey thanks alot! I didn't think I was going to get a reply.

BrAt
04-27-2006, 11:17 AM
You can buy frozen breaded ravioli at Prime Cuts. Just take them out of the freezer and deep fry 'em. YUMMY!