PDA

View Full Version : the good of a snowday

geogett
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
well what are the good things for having this day home?

the kids are home, ur able to go back to bed if ya want.

u can catch up on chores (laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, etc), kids can play and clean up their rooms (haha) shovel the driveway...

make a cup of hot chocolate, coffee, snuggle down on the couch and watch the weather outside the window or just cover up and watch movies all day, listen to the play by play antics of your children as they reinact their bionicle wars. lol

maybe check ur supplies and wonder how long u can last with what u have (u know, like the tp!) lol

be thankful that u know ur loved ones are safe and secure, pray for those who have to be out and hope they are watched over and kept safe as well.

anyway - what do you find yourself doing through out the day?

Simba
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
I went out last night and made sure we were stocked up on the necessities.

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 09:46 AM
So did I Simba just didn't stock up on Timmies DAMNIT! Go get me one PLEASE!!!!!!!

Simba
01-30-2008, 09:47 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I'm not even going out there for a smoke much less a Timmies!!!!

Misschix
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
I just told my hubby if i go for a smoke im hiding from the wind in the car this is insane

geogett
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
i got timmies coffee here - no creamer tho /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

not the same with milk - i'll survive

im glad my car started tho - incase the power goes off - we're booting it over 2 where i know there'll be warmth! lol

but - so far so good - comps on, radios on, stove's on (my girl is making pancakes 4 us), lights are on - whew - thats all good for us!

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Poor puppy almost blew off the balcony.

geogett
01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
awww

my dog - she gets outside turns around and wants back in

then she stands at the door waiting 2 go back outside again

sheesh!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I did the driveway, went to the bank, went to get gas and went to Timmies. Wusses...........

uptowngurl
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
My little dog did the same thing,I ended up having to go out with her /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif,but-she did her thing and now she's fine for a few hours(I hope) /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

hemi_69
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Went to let the dogs out and there's a foot of snow piled agains my door...well it WAS piled against the door now it in the porch lol

geogett
01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
6th went 2 tim's and didnt make deliveries 4 the rest of us??

sheesh anyway!!

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-30-2008, 10:09 AM
The real Canadians are out!!

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geogett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awww

sheesh! </div></div>

My puppy is very hyper this morning is this normal? Is it due too the weather?

Xzavia
01-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Calmed down here for the moment....

Going to get comfy and watch some movies with the kids.

Simba
01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geogett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">awww

sheesh! </div></div>

My puppy is very hyper this morning is this normal? Is it due too the weather? </div></div>

My cats are the same way! Usually they like to sit in the window and watch outside, but not today...lol

geogett
01-30-2008, 10:25 AM
mine are sprawled everywhere right now

lazy creatures! they weren't bothered by the wind last nite

i woke up a few times thinking.. holey moley (yeah i actually thought that) holey moley... is that the wind??

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-30-2008, 10:29 AM
The animals or the rest of the family?

geogett
01-30-2008, 10:32 AM
the animals

the kids are starting 2 bug me with 'can i go on the computer?' 'i asked first' - 'no, i asked' - 'MOM!!'

argh

think i'll be making then do some chores soon!!

hemi_69
01-30-2008, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geogett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the animals

the kids are starting 2 bug me with 'can i go on the computer?' 'i asked first' - 'no, i asked' - 'MOM!!'

argh

think i'll be making then do some chores soon!! </div></div>

lol, mine started about an hour ago....normally I would just send them outside to play but can't do that right now, hopefully the wind dies down

geogett
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
they gave it up

all is quiet here - they took off 2 their rooms!!!

*knocks on wood*

watch.. just cause, i typed this out - they'll be out here 2 bug me again

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 11:07 AM
My two girls and I just finished making a tent we're camping. INDOORS! LOL!

mboy67
01-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I did not hear a thing last night and both cats stayed on the bed as usual and the dog on the floor.

Barry Morris
01-30-2008, 11:14 AM
So PUC, in their infinite wisdom, turned off the power at 2 AM for "upgrades". Supposed to be back on at 7AM.. Ya, right.

Actually went to the West Side for a nice breakfast, then up to Timmies on a coffee run. A little snowy, but I've driven to T.O. in worse.

What a bunch of wusses we're turning into!!!

geogett
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
either that or everyone just figures today is a good day for a snowday and figure cause someone else closed 4 the day - they would 2

thats ok tho - staying home on an unscheduled day isnt all that bad /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Babzz
01-30-2008, 11:37 AM
My cat was acting odd last night.. running all over the house.. she knew this was coming lol

Alexis
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM
yea, couped up indoors doesn't bother me at all, have plenty of wood and a good shovel, ended up watching the news and weather reports and getting caught up on housework

hubby and dad are in snow removal, so worried about them all day also

and my animals were extra cuddly last night too

adigirl
01-30-2008, 03:42 PM
I did laundry, baked (banana muffins and oatmeal cookies), made a great supper (crockpot lemon chicken, roasted peppers, mixer mashed potatoes), played the wii, played with the baby, shoveled the steps, played on facebook and soonet. All good.

GenX
01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Hans should of shoveled the steps.

sage
01-30-2008, 03:53 PM
So far I've cooked bannock,made a cake and working on a stew for supper plus organized my photos, played around with PaintshopPro, watched the hubby and 2 teen boys shovel the driveway. Debating on having a nap.

adigirl
01-30-2008, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedy the Arrogant Parrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hans should of shoveled the steps. </div></div>

Next time I will get him to risk driving home on his break to shovel the steps. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Some of us appreciate when our husbands have to do things that are risky. To top it off, he isn't feeling well either. He never complained and got out of bed and went to work in a blizzard. I will do the steps today for him - gladly

Super Gram
01-30-2008, 06:01 PM
My dog walked around all night huffing and puffing during the storm last night...he usually only does it when it is thundering. But he's ok now

geogett
01-30-2008, 06:28 PM
shovelled my driveway, went visiting, learned how to play yahtzees (sp??) won one game out of 6 (ever bad eh) came home, had a nap and im up now /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif making supper cause apparently the kids didnt wanna cater to my every whim while i was sprawled on the couch..

sheesh - where does one get good help these days??

lol

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
01-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Lazy

geogett
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
eh - i tried 2 be

my laundry i did last nite, dishes were done last nite, house was cleaned ... *looks around* not sure when but it looks good anyway.

so it was a good day to be lazy /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

i have 2 go back out and shovel later anyway *sighs*

mokitapupita
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
snowdays suck

mokitapupita
01-30-2008, 06:50 PM
this weather sucks, like why does it have to do this?

adigirl
01-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Because it adds a little excitement to life.

mokitapupita
01-30-2008, 07:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because it adds a little excitement to life. </div></div>

real exciting, more an inconvenience

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 07:26 PM
You winter winer wawawawawa!

Babzz
01-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Could be another snow day tommorrow too...

Snowsquall warning for: Sault Ste Marie - Superior East
Issued at 3:58 PM EST WEDNESDAY 30 JANUARY 2008
SNOWSQUALLS TONIGHT. THIS IS A WARNING THAT SNOWSQUALLS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.
WINTER STORM WARNING..AN INTENSE LOW EAST OF JAMES BAY WILL TRACK NORTH TO NORTHERN HUDSON BAY BY THURSDAY MORNING. FURTHER SNOWFALL AMOUNTS TONIGHT OF 2 TO 4 CENTIMETRES ARE LIKELY. HOWEVER STRONG WINDS OF 50 KM/H GUSTING TO 70 KM/H MAY CAUSE WHITEOUT CONDITIONS IN BLOWING SNOW TONIGHT. WIND CHILL WARNING..A STRONG BLAST OF ARCTIC AIR IS RESULTING IN WIND CHILLS OF MINUS 40 OR LOWER ACROSS MOST OF NORTHWESTERN ONTARIO TONIGHT. EXPOSED SKIN MAY FREEZE IN 10 MINUTES OR LESS. BLOWING SNOW WARNING..STRONG WESTERLY WINDS IN THE WAKE OF THE COLD FRONT COMBINED WITH FRESH SNOW IS CAUSING EXTENSIVE REDUCED VISIBILITIES IN BLOWING SNOW. CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO IMPROVE EARLY THIS EVENING AS THE WINDS DIMINISH IN MOST AREAS. THE STRONG WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE IN THE MANITOULIN ISLAND AREA UNTIL THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. SNOWSQUALL WARNING..LATEST ANALYSIS SHOWS MULTI BAND SNOWSQUALLS COMING INTO THE SUPERIOR EAST AREA FROM LAKE SUPERIOR. THE SQUALLS ARE EXPECTED TO MOVE NORTH OUT OF THE SAULT ST MARIE AREA LATER THIS EVENING AS THE WINDS BECOME MORE WESTERLY. LOCAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS TONIGHT ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE 10 TO 15 CENTIMETRE RANGE IN AN AREA FROM BATCHAWANA BAY TO SEARCHMONT. WHITEOUT CONDITIONS IN SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW ARE LIKELY UNDER THE HEAVIEST BANDS. THE SNOWSQUALLS WILL WEAKEN BY THURSDAY MORNING AS THE WINDS CONTINUE TO DIMINISH. PLEASE REFER TO THE LATEST PUBLIC FORECAST FOR FURTHER DETAILS.

adigirl
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moochkita</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because it adds a little excitement to life. </div></div>

real exciting, more an inconvenience </div></div>

It's how you look at it. I like the glass to be half full.

mokitapupita
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
thought tomorra was supposed to be sunny?

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Is it ever sunny where you live?

Alexis
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
oh and i forgot the most wonderful thing about this snow day, my 18yr old son made me pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup (geez, how could i forget that)

SusyQ
01-30-2008, 07:44 PM
What a sweetie pie!!!!!!!!!

Alexis
01-30-2008, 07:46 PM
yes he is, but now i gotta send him back outside to get more firewood, how's that for payment lol, ahhh well i'll make him his favorite supper i suppose