PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Information.

sage
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
When I bought the PS3, my service person told me it could play PS2 games. I have the 80gig one, but we couldn't find a snowboarding game so picked up 1080 for PS2 but it won't play....was he wrong or is there only certain games that play on it??

PacoSanchez15
01-30-2008, 12:29 PM
http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...li=&p_topview=1 (http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=232&p_created=1163798715&p_sid=hLv_B3Xi&p_accessibility=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MTYwJnBfcHJvZHM9NCZwX2NhdHM9ICZwX3B2PTE uNCZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1)

80GB PLAYSTATION®3 System
This product has limited backward compatibility with PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format software. Many PlayStation®2 format software titles operate, but full compatibility is not guaranteed. Updating the system software may improve compatibility.

B.David
01-30-2008, 01:53 PM
The only model that plays all PS2 games flawlessly is the 60GB PlayStation 3 console (discontinued).

Strife
01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Sony screwed up on this one IMO. Every other console had backwards compatibility, why cant the PS3 have the same

General Lee
01-30-2008, 05:28 PM
why would u want to play a crummy ps2 game on a ps3 the reason they come out with newer systems is because the games have better graphics IMO

Strife
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
yes that is true but why have 2 systems when you can play both PS2 and PS3 games on one system. Saves a bit of space IMO.

V Code
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sony screwed up on this one IMO. Every other console had backwards compatibility, why cant the PS3 have the same </div></div>

wrong! the 360 only has compatibility for a older games after it downloads a patch for it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

General Lee
01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes that is true but why have 2 systems when you can play both PS2 and PS3 games on one system. Saves a bit of space IMO. </div></div>

agasi nwhy would u want to play low end games on a high end system? PS2 is dead toss em out

Strife
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
So you would much rather have 2 systems on your shelf rather than 1 system that has backwards compatibility with the other? I guess since pacman and Super mario bros are low end games and I should toss em out too

General Lee
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you would much rather have 2 systems on your shelf rather than 1 system that has backwards compatibility with the other? I guess since pacman and Super mario bros are low end games and I should toss em out too </div></div>i had a n64 ,ps2, and original xbox Got rid of them all because they are outdated no need to keep somthing that is useless

sage
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">agasi(sic) nwhy would u want to play low end games on a high end system? PS2 is dead toss em out
</div></div>
I cannot find a snowboarding game - yet for PS3 ;). 1080 was a fave for my teens and they wanted to check it out on the new tv and PS3.
So, until I find one - Im stuck with 1080 for PS2.

Strife
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you would much rather have 2 systems on your shelf rather than 1 system that has backwards compatibility with the other? I guess since pacman and Super mario bros are low end games and I should toss em out too </div></div>i had a n64 ,ps2, and original xbox Got rid of them all because they are outdated no need to keep somthing that is useless</div></div>

I guess some of us enjoy the classics just as much as the newer games

General Lee
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you would much rather have 2 systems on your shelf rather than 1 system that has backwards compatibility with the other? I guess since pacman and Super mario bros are low end games and I should toss em out too </div></div>i had a n64 ,ps2, and original xbox Got rid of them all because they are outdated no need to keep somthing that is useless</div></div>

I guess some of us enjoy the classics just as much as the newer games </div></div>

yup and i am only statin my opinon so to each thier own

Strife
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Thats cool.....not bashin ya at all /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Maryms
01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
So if someone has 100-200 PS2 games and the PS2 died and they loved thos PS2 games and wnated to by a PS3, why not have a PS3 that plays them all or most if the PS2 games, but yes i am sure the non compatible games can be traded in for some nice PS3 games, but some ppl still would want to play the compatible PS2 games on their PS3.

Why cause they want too or maybe cause of in a case like i jjust talked about or because to save space or they sold the PS2 off and kept the games they had for it.

B.David
01-31-2008, 09:00 PM
I have about 120 PS2 games, 40 of which are actual legit copies so I like having the PS3 for them... virtually unlimited memory for saving them.

hemi_69
02-01-2008, 01:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only model that plays all PS2 games flawlessly is the 60GB PlayStation 3 console (discontinued). </div></div>
The 20gb also did but is long discontinued