PDA

View Full Version : breakfast ideas

Krysta
05-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I found a recipe to make pancakes from scratch

Pancakes
It doesn’t take much more time to make up pancakes from scratch with this easy recipe than using a mix. (And if you have a little extra time, make up your own baking mix and save some money.)

2 cups flour
5 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbs. sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup dry powdered milk
1 2/3 cup water
1/3 cup melted butter or oil

Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the wet ingredients together. Combine them and stir till everything’s moistened. Add more or less liquid depending on how you like your pancakes (thick and sturdy or thin and light). Cooking on a griddle at about 350 degrees is essential for a crowd, otherwise use a nonstick frying pan on medium. Little bubbles will form on top of the pancakes. You want to flip them over when the bubbles burst and stay open. Cook until the other side is slightly browned. Serve with your favorite condiments: syrup, jam or jelly, honey, peanut butter…
---------------------------------

any other recipes for breakfast?

A*lil*Loopy
05-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I like scrambled eggs with a fat free cheese slice and some salsa over top. Throw a couple of slices of turkey bacon (fakin' bacon) and it almost makes the day worth starting.

My son makes a bagel sandwich with real bacon, egg and cheese. Mmmmm, I like his better.

I just realized (again) how much I really miss the Great Canadian Bagel. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

dancingdoula
05-02-2006, 02:26 AM
My sweetie really misses this breakfast we used to get at a restaraunt called Humpty's. Here is my version.
Pan Scrambler
Scrambled eggs, you can add some veggies if you like, such as peppers, onions, mushrooms
Hashbrowns, or roasted potatoes
Cheese sauce (we usually get a jar of con queso for a little bit of kick).

You put the hashbrowns on a plate, top with scrambled eggs, smother in cheese sauce. I like to garnish with some chopped fresh tomatoes. This makes a great hearty breakfast, and is one of my favourite hangover breakfasts.

ssmarie
05-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Gee,thanks for the breakfast ideas...that is always a meal I get stuck on what to cook...I am going to try all 3 of these

BTW.....I buy the real bacon bits from the Rome's and add this to my toasted bagel and egg/tomato/cheese sandwich. It saves the mess and time of frying bacon if you are in a hurry

H.E. Pennypacker
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
I also miss the great canadian bagel :'(

Tutones
05-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Try using sour cream in the pancakes and cut back a bit on the milk. Makes 'em super fluffy. Yum!

cheeky
05-03-2006, 11:57 AM
This was always a favourite my Mom used to make us!! My kids love it, and the best part is you get it ready the night before so there is no prep in the morning! Throw it in the oven then enjoy!

16 slices bread, crusts removed
ham slices
cheddar cheese

Sauce:
6 eggs
3 cups of milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 to 1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp minced onions
1 to 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash Tabasco
1/4 lb melted butter

Line 9x13 inch greased pan with 8 slices bread. Put layer of ham on top of bread slices. Put a layer of cheddar cheese on top of ham. Put 8 slices of bread on top. Mix sauce ingredients. Drizzle butter over top layer of bread slices. Pour mixture over bread slices. Let stand overnight. Bake in morning at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

gouligann
05-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Tortilla Omlettes
In a med bowl, stirr up an omlette out of 2 eggs, mixing in crumbled bacon, diced ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper, etc (your preferrence) then pour it into a medium sized, no stick frying pan
Flip once, then it's almost cooked, lay thin slices of velveeta or cheddar cheese on top, then cover with a pan lid or plate until the cheese is melted.
Warm a large soft tortilla in the micro (about 10 seconds or so), slide the omlette out on top, and roll up. No knives or forks needed. Kids love them. Yummy!!
PS: You can always add some thinly sliced tomatoes, salsa, mayo or ketchup before rolling them up.