PDA

View Full Version : MIGRANE!!!

terr994
01-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Any ideas to help get rid of this thing? Other than hiding in the dark, keeping everyone quiet or popping a bunch of T3's! I had one all day yesterday, popped a bunch of t3's, worked a bit but once the meds wore off it came back full force. Hid in the dark all day...and tried to keep kids quiet(very hard). Put ice on my head for hours cause it felt like a ballon!! I feel it coming back now!!! Sux to be me right now!! I feel like puking all over!! Will not go to the hospital because I rather not sit there for 2-3 hours on a drip that I feel does notta a thing for me!!!! Have to go get blood work done before they will do anything else, so I'm told by my Dr. My next appointment is not until March!!! I got a bottle of T3's, but they just seem to make me sick to my stomach most of the time...............HELP!! My head hurts!!!

sage
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Go to the hospital, they have a protocol for migraines.

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
I get migraines quite often. I pretty much have to resort to going to Emerg, and be put on the drip. I have never had to wait to get treatment. I've always been taken in right away. Even if Emerg was packed, they always took me in and instantly put me on the drip.

I feel for you. Migraines really suck. Hope you feel better.

Saget
01-31-2008, 11:03 AM
Advil liguid gels work great on a migrane.
Better than T3's I have found.

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 11:05 AM
For my migraines, I've tried pretty much everything over the counter, as well as meds like T3's and others. I found that nothing works as good as the drip they give you through IV.
Maxoram and Stimitil seem to do it for me, but everyone responds differently.

terr994
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
I didnt have to wait for the drip either...but I find that it did not work for me.

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Usually they have it on file what they've tried for you in the past. With me, anyways, it was just a matter of trying different things until they figured out what worked. Do you remember what they tried? If so, maybe they can use something different.

Chaotic Chick
01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Maxoram is the BEST thing ever for migraines.

But when I do not have actual migraine meds, my doctor tells me to take a couple of Tylenol (without or without codeine), two Advil liquigels and two Gravol. Works most of the time, but not always. Then again the Gravol knocks me out so maybe I just don't notice the headache because I am sleeping. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Mr & Mrs Allyyyzkat
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Fo me when I get a migrane I pop 3 Liquid Advils and some gravol..that works for me.

Giggle Squirt
01-31-2008, 02:28 PM
FOr me i use benadryl gravol and advil liquid gels
I am knocked out for hours and when i wake up it is gone.. the doc also perscribed me some meds taht you take during the onset of a migrane and it kind of works

Misschix
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
my dr at one point prescribed me percocet, um no i have 3 htkids, another time i went to emerg and they put me on a drip but it was too much for me, i thought i was in some drug heaven
no if i feel a migraine coming on I drink ****des of water and advil liquid gels, put a bag of frozen veggies on the back of my neck....and go to bed in the black and silence....i get them for 2-3 days sometimes and feel so nausious

soldierx
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I got tired of going to the hospital for that migrane procedure junk. Talked to my doctor and got put on Maxalt. It works really well, need a prescription to get it though. But you take em when you feel a migrane coming on and they take care of it.

Lazlowe
02-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Suggestion for those of you getting regular migraines - get MSG - monosodium glutamate - out of your diet. You should read all food labels and ditch anything with MSG in it. A number of folks I know have seen a big reduction in the number of migraines they get once the MSG was gone. Some of them don't even get migraines anymore.

J*B
02-08-2008, 07:18 PM
If all else fails get someone to kick you in the shins or smash your fingers in a door..

That will take your mind off of the headache! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif