PDA

View Full Version : Found: Female Shepherd Mix in West End

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 09:42 PM
She was waiting for me in the driveway about ten minutes ago lol. She looks like she's got Collie in her. Big ears.. very sweet dog. Doesn't seem too old. No collar.

I'll keep her here for the night if need be, but will bring her to the HS tomorrow if nobody responds here.

Before 1am, you can phone: 254-7368 if it's your dog.

Until then, we'll spoil her rotten. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

GRUMPY
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Of all driveways to pick,she sure lucked out.

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 10:08 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif That's what hubby said!

GRUMPY
01-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Years ago when I had my Beagle and he went on one of his many adventures I phoned the pound to see if they had him yet,they hadn't but they knew where he was.We were on sort of a first name bases due to his sense of adventure. Any ways to make a long story short this family had taken him in on Korah road, so when I got there to get him there was this definite look of go away on his face as these young girls were taking turns feeding him dog treats.I honestly think he thought he'd died and gone to heaven.

LadyNina
01-31-2008, 11:29 PM
It's always relief to know that your pet had a positive experience. I've lost my dog a few times, and I was such a bundle of nerves, always thinking the worst.
I actually lost one dog one time, to which I never got her back. I actually saw her once last year, looking happy with two little girls and their father. So, having a new dog (Dakota) at the time, I opted to say nothing, and just smile as they walked by.

But, it really hurt me to think that they didn't even contact the Humane Society. Obviously she was well taken care of, freshly spayed, with stitches still. I had recently adopted her from the HS, and bad luck prevailed, she slipped out of her collar. She didn't know my house as "home" yet, and she didn't come back.

The right thing to do is always phone and report that you found the dog, regardless of your children begging to keep them. To me, keeping her just wasn't the moral thing to do.

I hope this dog finds her home. I can see that someone has spent alot of time with her. She listens good, and her coat is so soft. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

orchid
02-01-2008, 09:59 PM
right you are yips