PDA

View Full Version : Danger Plastic ...

cybolynx
02-02-2008, 05:38 PM
interesting ... only makes sence, plastic is made from crude oil ....

a link right from the cancer society ...

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/standard/0,2704,3172_369485__langId-en,00.html

cybolynx
02-02-2008, 05:52 PM
when you think about it .. plastic came into our lives cause it was so cheep to use .. now look how many cancer patients there are now ..

just seems like if you dont have cancer you won the lottery now a days ...

i rem when things were made from metal and glass ... i may have been a child then still ... but there wasnt nearly half the amount of plastic crap today as there was 20 some years ago ..

A*lil*Loopy
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I never thought too much about it but if you think about it....
if your container can absorb stains from your food during microwaving, your food must be able to absorb something from the plastic since it is changing.

rmkryan
02-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Glass does seem to be coming back a little.

H.E. Pennypacker
02-02-2008, 09:42 PM
that is the reason why i do not like putting hot food into Styrofoam containers, coffee in Styrofoam cups, and I make sure to never reheat food in Styrofoam, as it all leaches in.

Little B
02-02-2008, 09:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Art Vandelay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that is the reason why i do not like putting hot food into Styrofoam containers, coffee in Styrofoam cups, and I make sure to never reheat food in Styrofoam, as it all leaches in. </div></div>

Something tells me that you body was leached a long time ago! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif