PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2008, 08:49 AM
ONLY 13 MORE DAYS TILL DAYTONA!!!!!!!!!! I am more excited then christmas!!!!! YAYAYAYAYA /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif

J*B
02-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Yay Jimmie, and off to the sports section you go!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

bowtie
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
http://www.bustedtees.com/bt/images/BT-boringnascar-gallery-6.jpg

Macs II
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Nascar is dumb, who'd want to watch a Chevy race a Ford in circles?

Barry Morris
02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
As compared to what?? Formula One, where if somebody spits on the car it blows apart???

Macs II
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As compared to what?? Formula One, where if somebody spits on the car it blows apart??? </div></div>

F1 is real racing ....nascar is for over the hill drivers who can only hold the steering wheel one way.

adigirl
02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
I hope Jr. has the best season of his career and let that woman eat dirt!

I am really excited too!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif

vixen
02-04-2008, 02:28 PM
my hubby is going to the race accross the river, hes trying to get me to go but I just dont get the point??? Round and round and round.... I get dizzy just watching.

AngelOnHigh
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... LET'S GET RACING!!!!!

J*B
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Boogity boogity..

Giggle Squirt
02-04-2008, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As compared to what?? Formula One, where if somebody spits on the car it blows apart??? </div></div>

F1 is real racing ....nascar is for over the hill drivers who can only hold the steering wheel one way. </div></div>
Stock car racing in the United States has its origins in bootlegging during Prohibition, when drivers ran bootleg whiskey made in Appalachia. Bootleggers needed to distribute their illicit products, and they typically used small, fast vehicles to better evade the police. Many of the drivers would modify their cars for speed and handling, as well as increased cargo capacity, and some of them came to love the fast-paced driving down twisty mountain roads. One of the main 'strips' in Knoxville, Tennessee, had its beginning as a mecca for aspiring bootlegging drivers.

The repeal of Prohibition in 1933 dried up some of their business, but by then Southerners had developed a taste for moonshine, and a number of the drivers continued "runnin' shine," this time evading the "revenuers" who were attempting to tax their operations. The cars continued to improve, and by the late 1940's, races featuring these cars were being run for pride and profit. These races were popular entertainment in the rural Southern United States, and they are most closely associated with the Wilkes County region of North Carolina. Most races in those days were of modified cars. Street vehicles were lightened and reinforced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR

SO :P

GRUMPY
02-04-2008, 03:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As compared to what?? Formula One, where if somebody spits on the car it blows apart??? </div></div>

F1 is real racing ....nascar is for over the hill drivers who can only hold the steering wheel one way. </div></div>

I honestly used to watch F1 till it just became so darn boring whoever is first around the first corner wins as long as nobory messes up in the pits. Nascar is about as boring but they throw in an occasional crash to keep you awake.

The Piper
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stock car racing in the United States has its origins in bootlegging during Prohibition </div></div>

Check out the first 2 words there....There's nothing "stock" about ANY of the cars being run these days(not that they were stock 20 years ago, but they were a lot closer). And 4 different manufacturers all running the same body shape???? Don't even get me started. NASCAR sold out and is now a circus like WWE. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I'll pass thanks....

GRUMPY
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
100% Correct

GenX
02-04-2008, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boogity boogity.. </div></div>

If Darrell Waltrip is anywhere near a microphone, I won't watch the race.

The guy is an embarrassment to the sport.

GRUMPY
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
What the hell do you expect once you consider who the audience is made up of, the only thing lower than their IQs are the number of teeth in their mouths.

GenX
02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
They race in Blind River???

Add
02-04-2008, 11:10 PM
THEY'RE MAKING ANOTHER LEFT TURN!

riggs
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2+2 is 8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THEY'RE MAKING ANOTHER LEFT TURN! </div></div>

I couldn't imagine containing that kind of excitement....oh look,yet another left turn

Giggle Squirt
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Yes i will agree that al the "cars of tomorrow" are cookie cutter cars and nothing to wright home about.. BUT i so wish i was alive back in the 60's and 70's and watch them race then.. That is true racing.

hemi_69
02-23-2008, 10:17 PM
you're right stock car racing and NASCAR are totally different in alot of ways, however it's still basically the same sport, and anyone who doesnt understand it isn't going to like it. If you don't agree that racing is a sport I challenge you to try it just once, doesn't matter what class you run, you'll gain a whole new outlook on it.